hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 179 of 231 FirstFirst ... 79129169176177178179180181182189229 ... LastLast
Results 3,561 to 3,580 of 4603

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    They shouldn't block roads
    What's the point of a protest if it doesn't cause inconvenience?
    Probably less "don't block roads if you wanna protest" and more "don't block roads and not expect to get run over."

They shouldn't block roads
    What's the point of a protest if it doesn't cause inconvenience?
    To raise awareness to people that you find the conduct of the facility they work in to be, in your opinion, worryingly familiar with regards to early years defamation and detention of minorities. Presumably.

Protests are to visualise opinion, not prevent people going about their lives. It's like protesting for pro-life at abortion clinics, it's a protest and you may or may not agree with it's sentiments but once you try to stop people entering you're breaking the law.

If you're going to riot, do it, but don't do it and claim it's a protest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    Just for the record, "sending a needy text" is never the right answer.

They should've flipped his car tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Perhaps that's what they were trying to do before they got pepper sprayed, if he injured anyone he should be charged.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    Just for the record, "sending a needy text" is never the right answer.

I'm sure he's injured loads of migrants in the concentration camp detention facility so should probably be charged.
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

I'm sure he's injured loads of migrants in the concentration camp detention facility so should probably be charged.
    Ah but this time he injured members of the tribe. Might as well have been goosestepping in his car and flinging the Roman salute while he was committing the second Shoah.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    >being so cucked you get upset at others doing what they can to avoid a terrible future
    Mate, I'm happy to make the future fucked so little bratty commie kids like you suffer.

To help the cause, I just farted a few times, burned a few copies of Marx's books, and drank a gallon of pure crude oil. Man that feels good!

Sorry for you tho. Invest in sunblock.

Also: Cucked? Seems an odd use here, gotta tell you.
    It won't be the "little bratty commie kids" who suffer the most. Everything about the worst case scenario absolutely points to a future where countries such as America become a totalitarian state. Crop failures, flooded cities, and mass migration in the tens of millions, all mean that someone will just militarize the border and create a strong central government that people think will solve the problems and keep them safe.

It will be the poorest of the poor who are abused the most, put in camps, and potentially killed/exterminated.

The bratty little commie kids will suffer of course with worse prospects and a sucky life of rationing, flooded houses, or whatever. But its just grade-A boomer narcissism and ignorance to take a victory lap over that
    Still not hearing anything other than "we're so fucked and it's too late to fix it" here mate.

If it's too late to fix it, the best plan for an individual is to enjoy the shit out of life while they can, good times are in too short supply as it is.

There is no reward called heaven for being a good sky-wizard follower, and there is no reward once I'm gone for leaving you kids a better planet.

So again, it's too late to fix it: So fucking convince me why I should do something that hurts me/my quality of life to help something it's too late to fix.

And while you're at it, convince me that my actions matter in a world where Brazil, India, China and others will give a giant "fuck off mate" if anyone tries to impose on them limits to that development.
    China is a terrible example as it does way better than any other country in the world. By a mile. Unfortunately I only find outdated data from 2015, but even back then "China is now the largest single investor in renewable technologies, investing approximately the same as the United States, Europe and India combined."

Different source (https://www.dw.com/de/erneuerbare-en...lle/a-42291799). The graph lists investments in renewable energy in billion dollars.

China leads in every aspect of renewable energy, be that patents, production, investment. The western world, by protecting their "valuable" fossil energy industries" handed the key to these future technologies over to China. As it stand now, if there's one nation prepared to face the challenges of climate change, it's China.

If China wants to get something done then it is usually pretty good at doing it.

It's a shame they set their sights on ethnic cleansing as well as renewable energy.

If China wants to get something done then it is usually pretty good at doing it.

It's a shame they set their sights on ethnic cleansing as well as renewable energy.
    You should host an uighur family. Wonderful people.

thats because uighurs are loyal to islam not to china

we need one of these for xi jinping

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Don’t know of any subterranean primates, mate. “Troglodyte” is not the appropriate Latin description.
    Pan troglodytes, the common chimpanzee.

From the OED , a person who is regarded as being deliberately ignorant or old-fashioned.

idk. I suppose if you have to explain it...
    Fuck, that’s right.

What idiot classified the chimpanzee, then?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johann...ich_Blumenbach

A... German.
    Joe must explain this for us.
    Joe already did, he wrote the Wiki section for you: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johann...atural_studies

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post

You should host an uighur family. Wonderful people.
    Such a contrast to all those former Eastern European countries who miss having Russians all over the place
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    In before Alistair saying "But YUROP"
    Why would I "but Yurop", do you run into migrants there with Trucks?

I mean the ones you don't help drown in the Med, of course. Maybe someone should write a poem about that.

Perhaps that's what they were trying to do before they got pepper sprayed, if he injured anyone he should be charged.
    +1. Guy did something bad, guy should face justice for it. Seems reasonable to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    China is a terrible example as it does way better than any other country in the world........As it stand now, if there's one nation prepared to face the challenges of climate change, it's China.
    Just curious, but do we believe China is reporting accurate figures? Don't get me wrong, your point on the oil and gas and coal industries in the U.S. is spot on.

I do wonder tho if the leadership of China might choose to fudge their numbers like the Russian routinely did back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    You (Isyel) are at the ranking top of all the other users in here that consistently just dishes out insults without any other content. You had it coming. Take it like a man and grow up.
    Just in case this isn't clear by now (and it really shouldn't be necessary to point out, you're all grownups) saying that people should be killed because of their political or religious convictions IS NOT FUCKING OK. Tempban handed out in the movie thread. Apply a minimum of self control ffs

I mean the ones you don't help drown in the Med, of course. Maybe someone should write a poem about that.

+1. Guy did something bad, guy should face justice for it. Seems reasonable to me.

China is a terrible example as it does way better than any other country in the world........As it stand now, if there's one nation prepared to face the challenges of climate change, it's China.
    Just curious, but do we believe China is reporting accurate figures? Don't get me wrong, your point on the oil and gas and coal industries in the U.S. is spot on.

I do wonder tho if the leadership of China might choose to fudge their numbers like the Russian routinely did back in the day.
    It's broadly accepted as fact.

Now, those raw investment numbers don't tell you the entire store, like how the largest windfarm in the world was put so far away (in the Gobi) from where they need the power its actually useless, and generates power for no reason, but yes, no one disputes the amount they have spent. They are doing a much better job than the US.
    meh

Now, those raw investment numbers don't tell you the entire store, like how the largest windfarm in the world was put so far away (in the Gobi) from where they need the power its actually useless, and generates power for no reason, but yes, no one disputes the amount they have spent. They are doing a much better job than the US.
    The market will show us its genius any day now...

I wish this thinking was totally discredited, but people will still insist on some asinine pricing or public-private solution to climate change

Just curious, but do we believe China is reporting accurate figures?
    I don't think anyone reports accurate figures (just look at how western nations report unemployment or how the biggest companies obfuscate financial data), but even if they are lying about wanting to be a renewable leader it is probably better than Amerimutts talking about clean coal. At least then they aren't being completely retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post

The market will show us its genius any day now...
    You all buy the phone with the touchscreen, don't you?
    meh

You won't find many lefties claiming the supply side is guilt free when it comes to eco-system collapse.

Based on spending? That's an interesting metric to use of climate change. Isn't output of carbon/other pollutants the proper metric?

EDIT: This isn't about who is better, us or them, btw. I'm well aware of how bad the U.S. is in certain places on the issue.

You (Isyel) are at the ranking top of all the other users in here that consistently just dishes out insults without any other content. You had it coming. Take it like a man and grow up.
    Just in case this isn't clear by now (and it really shouldn't be necessary to point out, you're all grownups) saying that people should be killed because of their political or religious convictions IS NOT FUCKING OK. Tempban handed out in the movie thread. Apply a minimum of self control ffs

You won't find many lefties claiming the supply side is guilt free when it comes to eco-system collapse.
    Imagine they built a product everyone exercised willpower to not buy.
    meh