hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 226 of 305 FirstFirst ... 126176216223224225226227228229236276 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,520 of 6084

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

Pfff. #vanlife

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Generational poverty is a complex topic, and a politician has to dance very carefully around it to avoid putting blame on people he wants to vote for him.

Hence word salad like this, where he advocates "putting the record player on at night" instad of pointing out that absentee parenthood is a problem of personal responsibility as well as wealth and income inequality.
    No it's not. Give them a raise if they work, and straight cash if they don't.

I'd have more patience with the idea of "oh its a complex topic" and "personal responsibility" if this wasn't something we hear at every debate for the past 30 years to justify not spending money
    Last edited by mewninn; September 13 2019 at 04:04:36 PM.

Meanwhile:

Doing very racist things to own the libs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Doing very racist things to own the libs.
    Cambodian on Puerto Rican racism, the true bane of our time.

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    You (Isyel) are at the ranking top of all the other users in here that consistently just dishes out insults without any other content. You had it coming. Take it like a man and grow up.
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Just in case this isn't clear by now (and it really shouldn't be necessary to point out, you're all grownups) saying that people should be killed because of their political or religious convictions IS NOT FUCKING OK. Tempban handed out in the movie thread. Apply a minimum of self control ffs

Speaking of racism

Trump in New Mexico: 'Who do you love more — the country, or Hispanics?'

https://a.msn.com/r/2/AAHpvhS?m=en-u...rID=InAppShare
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Milo Yiannopoulos Banned From Furry Convention

Remember Milo? He is now a fursona non grata
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    Speaking of racism

He's asking the wrong questions.

It's who do you like more? Me and my stupid, ignorant racist supporters, or hispanics? And the answers is Hispanics. They are nicer people.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Speaking of racism

It's who do you like more? Me and my stupid, ignorant racist supporters, or hispanics? And the answers is Hispanics. They are nicer people.
    they work harder and are more grateful than lazy, entitled white trash too

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Speaking of racism

Better food options, most of the time too.
    meh

White Americans can't into seasoning nbs

Yes because the British are renowned for zesty fare.

Speaking of racism

neoliberalism is when you set two groups of people against each other in a thunderdome competition for the handful of resources.

The racist option is just shitting on immigrants and putting them in cages for the white majority.

The woke capitalist version of this is lionizing the Dickensian exploitation of people who inhale carcinogens while they pick fruit or destroy their bodies with manual labor. And lambasting the white trash who do not participate in that level of exploitation for being "lazy"

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    Speaking of racism

neoliberalism is when you set two groups of people against each other in a thunderdome competition for the handful of resources.

The racist option is just shitting on immigrants and putting them in cages for the white majority.

The woke capitalist version of this is lionizing the Dickensian exploitation of people who inhale carcinogens while picking fruit or who destroy their bodies with manual labor. And lambasting the white trash who do not participate in that level of exploitation for being "lazy"
    I grew up in a latin american community and later in my life my family moved to a community full of white racist southerners. I really have no sympathy for them sorry, their culture is rotten to the core and the contrast between the two is stark.

Not disputing the point about exploitation.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    We created an empire to discover curry and once we culturally appropriated it packed it up.

Speaking of racism

The woke capitalist version of this is lionizing the Dickensian exploitation of people who inhale carcinogens while picking fruit or who destroy their bodies with manual labor. And lambasting the white trash who do not participate in that level of exploitation for being "lazy"
    I grew up in a latin american community and later in my life my family moved to a community full of white racist southerners. I really have no sympathy for them sorry, their culture is rotten to the core and the contrast between the two is stark.

I mean yeah of course they're racist, as is most everyone's well-heeled Democrat Dad or NIMBY Neighbor in this shitty country. There's degrees of course.

The "lazy" talking point has always been a crock of shit to me though, used to justify race-to-the-bottom conditions and to further beat people down in a country where there's no mandated vacation time.

Yeah we hate curry
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Speaking of racism

I mean yeah of course they're racist, as is most everyone's well-heeled Democrat Dad or NIMBY Neighbor in this shitty country. There's degrees of course.

The "lazy" talking point has always been a crock of shit to me though, used to justify race-to-the-bottom conditions and to further beat people down in a country where there's no mandated vacation time.
    You might excuse people who hold abhorrent world views because the poor lambs have no agency of their own, and capitalism forced them to be racist assholes, but I won't...
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Yeah we hate curry
    I think the weirdest thing about Brit culture is you guys have an entire culture around eating out at pub where its all this very homey and kinda boring stuff

I don't know anyone in the states who specifically goes out to a bar to eat some meatloaf and mashed potato, but ymmv
    Last edited by mewninn; September 17 2019 at 07:00:14 PM.

You might excuse people who hold abhorrent world views because the poor lambs have no agency of their own, and capitalism forced them to be racist assholes, but I won't...
    Its pretty clear that this form of capitalism, capitalism in general, or whatever your quibble is, has caused a fertile ground for reactionary politics around the world. Liberals have been powerless to stop it because they're unwilling to articulate why the standard of living is beginning to decline. What steps into that open space is nativism and revanchism.

but I guess its easier to just shit your pants in a tantrum