hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 226 of 305 FirstFirst ... 126176216223224225226227228229236276 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,520 of 6084

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

  1. #4501
    Lachesis VII's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20, 2011
    Location
    Egghelende
    Posts
    4,968
    Pfff. #vanlife

  2. #4502
    mewninn's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    2,860
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Generational poverty is a complex topic, and a politician has to dance very carefully around it to avoid putting blame on people he wants to vote for him.

    Hence word salad like this, where he advocates "putting the record player on at night" instad of pointing out that absentee parenthood is a problem of personal responsibility as well as wealth and income inequality.
    No it's not. Give them a raise if they work, and straight cash if they don't.

    I'd have more patience with the idea of "oh its a complex topic" and "personal responsibility" if this wasn't something we hear at every debate for the past 30 years to justify not spending money
    Last edited by mewninn; September 13 2019 at 04:04:36 PM.

  3. #4503
    Lachesis VII's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20, 2011
    Location
    Egghelende
    Posts
    4,968
    Meanwhile:


  4. #4504
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    19,651
    Doing very racist things to own the libs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  5. #4505
    Alistair's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    14,583
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Doing very racist things to own the libs.
    Cambodian on Puerto Rican racism, the true bane of our time.

    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    You (Isyel) are at the ranking top of all the other users in here that consistently just dishes out insults without any other content. You had it coming. Take it like a man and grow up.
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Just in case this isn't clear by now (and it really shouldn't be necessary to point out, you're all grownups) saying that people should be killed because of their political or religious convictions IS NOT FUCKING OK. Tempban handed out in the movie thread. Apply a minimum of self control ffs

  6. #4506
    Dorvil Barranis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    5,560
    Speaking of racism

    Trump in New Mexico: 'Who do you love more — the country, or Hispanics?'

    https://a.msn.com/r/2/AAHpvhS?m=en-u...rID=InAppShare
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang


  7. #4507
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    19,651
    Milo Yiannopoulos Banned From Furry Convention

    Remember Milo? He is now a fursona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  8. #4508
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    13,847
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    Speaking of racism

    Trump in New Mexico: 'Who do you love more — the country, or Hispanics?'

    https://a.msn.com/r/2/AAHpvhS?m=en-u...rID=InAppShare
    He's asking the wrong questions.

    It's who do you like more? Me and my stupid, ignorant racist supporters, or hispanics? And the answers is Hispanics. They are nicer people.
    meh

  9. #4509
    Approaching Walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8, 2013
    Posts
    9,017
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    Speaking of racism

    Trump in New Mexico: 'Who do you love more — the country, or Hispanics?'

    https://a.msn.com/r/2/AAHpvhS?m=en-u...rID=InAppShare
    He's asking the wrong questions.

    It's who do you like more? Me and my stupid, ignorant racist supporters, or hispanics? And the answers is Hispanics. They are nicer people.
    they work harder and are more grateful than lazy, entitled white trash too

  10. #4510
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    13,847
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    Speaking of racism

    Trump in New Mexico: 'Who do you love more — the country, or Hispanics?'

    https://a.msn.com/r/2/AAHpvhS?m=en-u...rID=InAppShare
    He's asking the wrong questions.

    It's who do you like more? Me and my stupid, ignorant racist supporters, or hispanics? And the answers is Hispanics. They are nicer people.
    they work harder and are more grateful than lazy, entitled white trash too
    Better food options, most of the time too.
    meh

  11. #4511
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    19,651
    White Americans can't into seasoning nbs
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  12. #4512
    Lachesis VII's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20, 2011
    Location
    Egghelende
    Posts
    4,968
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    White Americans can't into seasoning nbs
    Yes because the British are renowned for zesty fare.

  13. #4513
    mewninn's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    2,860
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    Speaking of racism

    Trump in New Mexico: 'Who do you love more — the country, or Hispanics?'

    https://a.msn.com/r/2/AAHpvhS?m=en-u...rID=InAppShare
    He's asking the wrong questions.

    It's who do you like more? Me and my stupid, ignorant racist supporters, or hispanics? And the answers is Hispanics. They are nicer people.
    they work harder and are more grateful than lazy, entitled white trash too
    neoliberalism is when you set two groups of people against each other in a thunderdome competition for the handful of resources.

    The racist option is just shitting on immigrants and putting them in cages for the white majority.

    The woke capitalist version of this is lionizing the Dickensian exploitation of people who inhale carcinogens while they pick fruit or destroy their bodies with manual labor. And lambasting the white trash who do not participate in that level of exploitation for being "lazy"

  14. #4514
    Approaching Walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8, 2013
    Posts
    9,017
    Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    Speaking of racism

    Trump in New Mexico: 'Who do you love more — the country, or Hispanics?'

    https://a.msn.com/r/2/AAHpvhS?m=en-u...rID=InAppShare
    He's asking the wrong questions.

    It's who do you like more? Me and my stupid, ignorant racist supporters, or hispanics? And the answers is Hispanics. They are nicer people.
    they work harder and are more grateful than lazy, entitled white trash too
    neoliberalism is when you set two groups of people against each other in a thunderdome competition for the handful of resources.

    The racist option is just shitting on immigrants and putting them in cages for the white majority.

    The woke capitalist version of this is lionizing the Dickensian exploitation of people who inhale carcinogens while picking fruit or who destroy their bodies with manual labor. And lambasting the white trash who do not participate in that level of exploitation for being "lazy"
    I grew up in a latin american community and later in my life my family moved to a community full of white racist southerners. I really have no sympathy for them sorry, their culture is rotten to the core and the contrast between the two is stark.

    Not disputing the point about exploitation.

  15. #4515
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    19,651
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    White Americans can't into seasoning nbs
    Yes because the British are renowned for zesty fare.
    We created an empire to discover curry and once we culturally appropriated it packed it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  16. #4516
    mewninn's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    2,860
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    Speaking of racism

    Trump in New Mexico: 'Who do you love more — the country, or Hispanics?'

    https://a.msn.com/r/2/AAHpvhS?m=en-u...rID=InAppShare
    He's asking the wrong questions.

    It's who do you like more? Me and my stupid, ignorant racist supporters, or hispanics? And the answers is Hispanics. They are nicer people.
    they work harder and are more grateful than lazy, entitled white trash too
    neoliberalism is when you set two groups of people against each other in a thunderdome competition for the handful of resources.

    The racist option is just shitting on immigrants and putting them in cages for the white majority.

    The woke capitalist version of this is lionizing the Dickensian exploitation of people who inhale carcinogens while picking fruit or who destroy their bodies with manual labor. And lambasting the white trash who do not participate in that level of exploitation for being "lazy"
    I grew up in a latin american community and later in my life my family moved to a community full of white racist southerners. I really have no sympathy for them sorry, their culture is rotten to the core and the contrast between the two is stark.

    Not disputing the point about exploitation.
    I mean yeah of course they're racist, as is most everyone's well-heeled Democrat Dad or NIMBY Neighbor in this shitty country. There's degrees of course.

    The "lazy" talking point has always been a crock of shit to me though, used to justify race-to-the-bottom conditions and to further beat people down in a country where there's no mandated vacation time.

  17. #4517
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    16,533
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    White Americans can't into seasoning nbs
    Yes because the British are renowned for zesty fare.
    Yeah we hate curry
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

  18. #4518
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    13,847
    Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    Speaking of racism

    Trump in New Mexico: 'Who do you love more — the country, or Hispanics?'

    https://a.msn.com/r/2/AAHpvhS?m=en-u...rID=InAppShare
    He's asking the wrong questions.

    It's who do you like more? Me and my stupid, ignorant racist supporters, or hispanics? And the answers is Hispanics. They are nicer people.
    they work harder and are more grateful than lazy, entitled white trash too
    neoliberalism is when you set two groups of people against each other in a thunderdome competition for the handful of resources.

    The racist option is just shitting on immigrants and putting them in cages for the white majority.

    The woke capitalist version of this is lionizing the Dickensian exploitation of people who inhale carcinogens while picking fruit or who destroy their bodies with manual labor. And lambasting the white trash who do not participate in that level of exploitation for being "lazy"
    I grew up in a latin american community and later in my life my family moved to a community full of white racist southerners. I really have no sympathy for them sorry, their culture is rotten to the core and the contrast between the two is stark.

    Not disputing the point about exploitation.
    I mean yeah of course they're racist, as is most everyone's well-heeled Democrat Dad or NIMBY Neighbor in this shitty country. There's degrees of course.

    The "lazy" talking point has always been a crock of shit to me though, used to justify race-to-the-bottom conditions and to further beat people down in a country where there's no mandated vacation time.
    You might excuse people who hold abhorrent world views because the poor lambs have no agency of their own, and capitalism forced them to be racist assholes, but I won't...
    meh

  19. #4519
    mewninn's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    2,860
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    White Americans can't into seasoning nbs
    Yes because the British are renowned for zesty fare.
    Yeah we hate curry
    I think the weirdest thing about Brit culture is you guys have an entire culture around eating out at pub where its all this very homey and kinda boring stuff

    I don't know anyone in the states who specifically goes out to a bar to eat some meatloaf and mashed potato, but ymmv
    Last edited by mewninn; September 17 2019 at 07:00:14 PM.

  20. #4520
    mewninn's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    2,860
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post

    You might excuse people who hold abhorrent world views because the poor lambs have no agency of their own, and capitalism forced them to be racist assholes, but I won't...
    Its pretty clear that this form of capitalism, capitalism in general, or whatever your quibble is, has caused a fertile ground for reactionary politics around the world. Liberals have been powerless to stop it because they're unwilling to articulate why the standard of living is beginning to decline. What steps into that open space is nativism and revanchism.

    but I guess its easier to just shit your pants in a tantrum

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •