hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 220 of 268 FirstFirst ... 120170210217218219220221222223230 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,400 of 5358

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

  1. #4381
    Lachesis VII's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20, 2011
    Location
    Egghelende
    Posts
    4,758
    America isn’t a democracy!

  2. #4382
    mewninn's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    2,746
    It's depressing that there's a narrow range of areas which aren't dominated by machine politics or local dynasties

  3. #4383
    Movember 2012 I Legionnaire's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    1,911
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Meanwhile, in "Super-Patriot-We're-The-Only-Real-Americans" land...

    https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...engers-1483126

    Four states are poised to cancel their 2020 GOP presidential primaries and caucuses, a move that would cut off oxygen to Donald Trumpís long-shot primary challengers.

    Republican parties in South Carolina, Nevada, Arizona and Kansas are expected to finalize the cancellations in meetings this weekend, according to three GOP officials who are familiar with the plans.
    The shutdowns arenít without precedent. Some of the states forgoing Republican nomination contests have done so during the reelection bids of previous presidents. Arizona, GOP officials there recalled, did not hold a Democratic presidential primary in 2012, when Barack Obama was seeking a second term, or in 1996, when Bill Clinton was running for reelection. Kansas did not have a Democratic primary in 1996, and Republican officials in the state pointed out that they have long chosen to forgo primaries during a sitting incumbentís reelection year.

  4. #4384
    Donor Spaztick's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    No Longer up High Sierra's Ass
    Posts
    10,126
    Quote Originally Posted by I Legionnaire View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Meanwhile, in "Super-Patriot-We're-The-Only-Real-Americans" land...

    https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...engers-1483126

    Four states are poised to cancel their 2020 GOP presidential primaries and caucuses, a move that would cut off oxygen to Donald Trump’s long-shot primary challengers.

    Republican parties in South Carolina, Nevada, Arizona and Kansas are expected to finalize the cancellations in meetings this weekend, according to three GOP officials who are familiar with the plans.
    The shutdowns aren’t without precedent. Some of the states forgoing Republican nomination contests have done so during the reelection bids of previous presidents. Arizona, GOP officials there recalled, did not hold a Democratic presidential primary in 2012, when Barack Obama was seeking a second term, or in 1996, when Bill Clinton was running for reelection. Kansas did not have a Democratic primary in 1996, and Republican officials in the state pointed out that they have long chosen to forgo primaries during a sitting incumbent’s reelection year.
    So whichever candidates Arizona doesn't like for term two will win, got it.

  5. #4385
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    13,713
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaztick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by I Legionnaire View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Meanwhile, in "Super-Patriot-We're-The-Only-Real-Americans" land...

    https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...engers-1483126

    Four states are poised to cancel their 2020 GOP presidential primaries and caucuses, a move that would cut off oxygen to Donald Trump’s long-shot primary challengers.

    Republican parties in South Carolina, Nevada, Arizona and Kansas are expected to finalize the cancellations in meetings this weekend, according to three GOP officials who are familiar with the plans.
    The shutdowns aren’t without precedent. Some of the states forgoing Republican nomination contests have done so during the reelection bids of previous presidents. Arizona, GOP officials there recalled, did not hold a Democratic presidential primary in 2012, when Barack Obama was seeking a second term, or in 1996, when Bill Clinton was running for reelection. Kansas did not have a Democratic primary in 1996, and Republican officials in the state pointed out that they have long chosen to forgo primaries during a sitting incumbent’s reelection year.
    So whichever candidates Arizona doesn't like for term two will win, got it.
    the president’s political team has pored over past primary results and is mindful that unexpected things can transpire — such as in 2012, when a federal inmate received 41 percent of the vote against Obama in the West Virginia Democratic primary.
    meh

  6. #4386
    Lachesis VII's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20, 2011
    Location
    Egghelende
    Posts
    4,758
    Those wacky socialists are at it again.

    https://www.lifesitenews.com/opinion...est-generation

    Time Magazine acknowledged Hitler's magnificent socialist achievements by honoring him as its 1938 Man of the Year. His more Hegelian approach had him blending a state-controlled capitalism with tyrannical dictatorship. Hitler never did like the dull, gray masses produced by Lenin's more Marxist rendition. He did, however, like Lenin's death camps and stole the idea.

    It amazes me that almost none of our best voices points out the very real danger — at least not with any frequency or clarity. We're so focused on getting justice for the crimes committed by the Deep State that we've lost sight of the gigantic socialist apparatus that ties all of this together. From Clinton, Mueller, Comey, McCabe, Strzok, Page, and Baker to Obama, Brennan, Clapper, Ohr, Preistap, Yates, Rice, and Lynch (and far beyond), this has been a seditious conspiracy to overthrow the will of the people.

    But why?

    Dictatorship.

    Socialists have murdered well more than 100,000,000 innocent folks in the past 102 years, often in ghastly ways. This same form of socialism is alive and well in American politics. It is lying below the surface — and all they allow us to see are its brightly colored deceits.

    Mayor Pete and his daddy love the socialist Antonio Gramsci, who said, "Socialism is precisely the religion which must overwhelm Christianity[.] ... In the new order, socialism will triumph by first capturing the culture via infiltration of schools, universities, churches and the media by transforming the consciousness of society."

  7. #4387
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    13,713
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Those wacky socialists are at it again.

    https://www.lifesitenews.com/opinion...est-generation

    Time Magazine acknowledged Hitler's magnificent socialist achievements by honoring him as its 1938 Man of the Year. His more Hegelian approach had him blending a state-controlled capitalism with tyrannical dictatorship. Hitler never did like the dull, gray masses produced by Lenin's more Marxist rendition. He did, however, like Lenin's death camps and stole the idea.

    It amazes me that almost none of our best voices points out the very real danger — at least not with any frequency or clarity. We're so focused on getting justice for the crimes committed by the Deep State that we've lost sight of the gigantic socialist apparatus that ties all of this together. From Clinton, Mueller, Comey, McCabe, Strzok, Page, and Baker to Obama, Brennan, Clapper, Ohr, Preistap, Yates, Rice, and Lynch (and far beyond), this has been a seditious conspiracy to overthrow the will of the people.

    But why?

    Dictatorship.

    Socialists have murdered well more than 100,000,000 innocent folks in the past 102 years, often in ghastly ways. This same form of socialism is alive and well in American politics. It is lying below the surface — and all they allow us to see are its brightly colored deceits.

    Mayor Pete and his daddy love the socialist Antonio Gramsci, who said, "Socialism is precisely the religion which must overwhelm Christianity[.] ... In the new order, socialism will triumph by first capturing the culture via infiltration of schools, universities, churches and the media by transforming the consciousness of society."
    What a fucking moron who doesn't even understand the literal meaning of the word he fights so hard against. It must really suck to be that fucking stupid. Hopefully he doesn't mistake the bleach for water. The world will be a better, happier place when shitbags like this no longer steal our oxygen.
    meh

  8. #4388
    Lachesis VII's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20, 2011
    Location
    Egghelende
    Posts
    4,758
    So... you’re saying the Boomers are the stupidest generation?

  9. #4389
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    13,713
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    So... you’re saying the Boomers are the stupidest generation?
    I’m saying whoever wrote that is so stupid it probably would be a kindness if they choked to death on the chicken tenders they undoubtedly enjoy.
    meh

  10. #4390
    Donor Spaztick's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    No Longer up High Sierra's Ass
    Posts
    10,126
    Socialism = good

    National socialism = bad

    Maybe I've had a stroke but that article reads like an opinion piece of gibberish that doesn't say anything. Like a fruit word salad made only of melons.

  11. #4391
    Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    10,550
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaztick View Post
    Socialism = good

    National socialism = bad

    Maybe I've had a stroke but that article reads like an opinion piece of gibberish that doesn't say anything. Like a fruit word salad made only of melons.
    Campaign Life Coalition founded LifeSiteNews, a self described news website dedicated to "issues of culture, life, and family", in 1997.[1] The website was founded with the intent to promote anti-abortion views and to push back on a purported media conspiracy against the anti-abortion movement.[14]

    According to Snopes, LifeSiteNews is "a known purveyor of misleading information."[15] The Associated Press described the website as "ultraconservative."[16] In May 2019, Philip Pullela, in a Reuters article, wrote that the website "often is a platform for attacks on [Pope Francis]."[17] The LGBT magazine The Advocate has described LifeSiteNews as an anti-LGBT outlet. Articles on the website blame pedophilia on homosexuality, contrary to the scholarly consensus.[18]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campai...n#LifeSiteNews
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

  12. #4392
    Donor Spaztick's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    No Longer up High Sierra's Ass
    Posts
    10,126
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaztick View Post
    Socialism = good

    National socialism = bad

    Maybe I've had a stroke but that article reads like an opinion piece of gibberish that doesn't say anything. Like a fruit word salad made only of melons.
    Campaign Life Coalition founded LifeSiteNews, a self described news website dedicated to "issues of culture, life, and family", in 1997.[1] The website was founded with the intent to promote anti-abortion views and to push back on a purported media conspiracy against the anti-abortion movement.[14]

    According to Snopes, LifeSiteNews is "a known purveyor of misleading information."[15] The Associated Press described the website as "ultraconservative."[16] In May 2019, Philip Pullela, in a Reuters article, wrote that the website "often is a platform for attacks on [Pope Francis]."[17] The LGBT magazine The Advocate has described LifeSiteNews as an anti-LGBT outlet. Articles on the website blame pedophilia on homosexuality, contrary to the scholarly consensus.[18]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campai...n#LifeSiteNews
    Okay so crazy pro-life nutballs. It doesn't seem to make the article any clearer, but I guess that's as much context as there is and I'm reading into it too much.

  13. #4393
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    19,375
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    So... you’re saying the Boomers are the stupidest generation?
    How much lead was present in the atmosphere during their developmental years?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  14. #4394
    Lachesis VII's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20, 2011
    Location
    Egghelende
    Posts
    4,758
    I don’t know that we’ll ever be able to prove the truth of the leaded-gas-made-Boomers-crazy meme.

  15. #4395
    tulip's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    2,099
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    I don’t know that we’ll ever be able to prove the truth of the leaded-gas-made-Boomers-crazy meme.
    We don't need solid evidence, they're unstable enough to believe anything!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    Just for the record, "sending a needy text" is never the right answer.

  16. #4396
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    13,713
    Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    I don’t know that we’ll ever be able to prove the truth of the leaded-gas-made-Boomers-crazy meme.
    We don't need solid evidence, they're unstable enough to believe anything!
    I sometimes think introducing old people to computers was a mistake. My MIL sends me texts with fucking emojis in it. My wife texts me in normal sentences like a normal person.
    meh

  17. #4397
    mewninn's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    2,746
    I feel like lead-brain is definitely a thing. When boomers have to deal with something they don't like, they usually start yelling.

  18. #4398
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    16,350
    AOL has a lot to answer for
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

  19. #4399
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    13,713
    Meanwhile, over on Fox where they own the libs hard...

    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/laura...b0fde50c2740cd

    Fox News opinion host Laura Ingraham’s earnest efforts to troll liberals reached a new, if not bizarre, level Friday as she attempted to drink a steak stuffed with incandescent light bulbs through a plastic straw.

    “Well, it’s a meal that will trigger all the right ... I meant all the left people,” she said to kick off the “Ingraham Angle” segment.
    Last edited by erichkknaar; September 8 2019 at 03:05:02 PM.
    meh

  20. #4400
    Ruri's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Exclamation, USA
    Posts
    2,133
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    I donít know that weíll ever be able to prove the truth of the leaded-gas-made-Boomers-crazy meme.
    We don't need solid evidence, they're unstable enough to believe anything!
    I sometimes think introducing old people to computers was a mistake. My MIL sends me texts with fucking emojis in it. My wife texts me in normal sentences like a normal person.
    https://thebaffler.com/latest/twilig...uncles-burmila

    Also, in more Darkest Timeline news,

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...003_story.html

    Nearly a week before the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration publicly backed President Trump over its own scientists, a top NOAA official warned its staff against contradicting the president.

    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.

    Ass ass ass.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •