hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 188 of 576 FirstFirst ... 88138178185186187188189190191198238288 ... LastLast
Results 3,741 to 3,760 of 11515

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post

Sure, a few like to be rude and call me "Nazi".
    I've never directly called you a nazi, for the record, unless I was super drunk and don't remember.

I speak about classes of people very specifically.

I don't think you are one either. I've said as much. Why would you think my opinion has changed?
    That comment wasn't aimed at you Erich.

Bernie Sanders has released his Green New Deal plan should he be elected.

https://berniesanders.com/issues/the-green-new-deal/

Kind of weird this is going to be painted at wildly radical and too expensive in a country which routinely produces hundreds of tanks the military doesn't want and then buries them in a desert instead.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Kind of weird this is going to be painted at wildly radical and too expensive in a country which routinely produces hundreds of tanks the military doesn't want and then buries them in a desert instead.
    Got to keep that socialized military rolling. It's why we can't have socialized healthcare.

I only want to pay for the basic, defensive military. That "go bomb other people" stuff is too expensive. Where is the choice in our military coverage? I don't understand how the government can force us to pay for something most of us don't want...
    meh

They will point out that market-oriented solutions like a carbon pricing are more realistic - ie soak the working and middle class for having to use a car to get to work while doing nothing substantial to provide an alternative

Reaching 100 percent renewable energy for electricity and transportation by no later than 2030 and complete decarbonization by 2050 at latest
    not happening, we do not have the technology and the US power-grid is not in a state to support this, it's taken almost 20 years to get our grid in a state to support such porportionally massive generation fluctuations.

i'd definitely vote for him after Trump annexes Denmark to get this Greenland real-estate deal tho.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

I've given it a read. Sounds like it's going to cost me, personally, alot of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    Reaching 100 percent renewable energy for electricity and transportation by no later than 2030 and complete decarbonization by 2050 at latest
    not happening, we do not have the technology and the US power-grid is not in a state to support this, it's taken almost 20 years to get our grid in a state to support such porportionally massive generation fluctuations.

i'd definitely vote for him after Trump annexes Denmark to get this Greenland real-estate deal tho.
    Uhh, we have the technology to power the nation without carbon. Use uranium instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post

Uhh, we have the technology to power the nation without carbon. Use uranium instead.
    nuclear is not renewable tho.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

I've given it a read. Sounds like it's going to cost me, personally, alot of money.
    Sure, but the real question is can you afford to shoulder that cost, personally, without tremendously impacting your current quality of life.

If you can answer that question honestly, there might be hope for the nation.

200 Years From Now: The Greener Green New Deal

We simply must end our dependence on the greedy Geothermal Energy Industry. Their sapping of Mother Earth's internal heat is causing a cooling crust, damaging tectonic movements, causing untold damage in Earthquakes and damaging the Earth magnetic field.

We have only 11 years to convert everyone away from this destructive energy source! We must act now!

(Yes, just kidding).

And? depending on the reactor and extraction process there is a shitton of uranium to be had. personally i would prefer that than melting every july.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post

And? depending on the reactor and extraction process there is a shitton of uranium to be had. personally i would prefer that than melting every july.
    the text is explicitly calling for renewables Zeekar.
    Viking, n.:

the text is explicitly calling for renewables Zeekar.
    fine. use nuclear until you can figure out how to power everything with renewables. or until we figure out fusion.

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post

Sure, a few like to be rude and call me "Nazi".
    I've never directly called you a nazi, for the record, unless I was super drunk and don't remember.

I speak about classes of people very specifically.

I don't think you are one either. I've said as much. Why would you think my opinion has changed?
    That comment wasn't aimed at you Erich.
    Nobody else did either unless it was an obvious joke.

Plenty other words though.

lol try anything besides the northernmost parts of America

Just ball-soup from May to Aug thanks to the humidity and the concrete jungle effect

Hopefully shorts and linen shirts take off instead of people sweating their asses off in business casual

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post

lol try anything besides the northernmost parts of America

Just ball-soup from May to Aug thanks to the humidity and the concrete jungle effect

Hopefully shorts and linen shirts take off instead of people sweating their asses off in business casual
    july and avgust are retarded here. i've fucked off to the mountains last week and i think ill be repeating this now every year. 5C in the morning and 22 during the day. awwww yeaaaah.

july and avgust are retarded here
    lmao you have absolutely no idea, slovenia is positively heavenly in the summer compared to many places

It defers the problem for a few centuries though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post

It defers the problem for a few centuries though.
    nowhere am i saying its bad, and should not be used to displace fossil fuels, but the assumption that we can magic up renewables to replace existing capacity 1-to-1 has got to fucking die.
    Viking, n.: