hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 864 of 908 FirstFirst ... 364764814854861862863864865866867874 ... LastLast
Results 17,261 to 17,280 of 18141

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    No, they arenít. They were one of the few revenue positive red states, but the republicans have even fucked that up since 2012.
    Slow clap. For a "would be key OPEC member if independent" state, that is fucking impressive.

Have any of state and local officials actually taken any responsibility or action other than telling poor people to die and/or handle it themselves?

I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

All going exactly as expected, nothing has been learned.

Last edited by Isyel; February 19 2021 at 12:38:21 AM.

erichmode: The only solution for such an unpatriotic traitorous racist cunt as Biden and people who voted for him would be the final one.

I know, I know, I'm still working on my form.
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

I don't know about the rest of the world's power security, but my dad never cared much about political things in his life, but was so baffled by the incompetence of people buiilding a stonewall around his office building for ISO New England, which did have some important functions, but nothing that couldn't and wasn't backed up in other facilities. He still thinks it's insane that there was never, and remains almost no security and transformer stations, huge powerline conjunctions, and vastly more important infrastructure. The transformers almost blowing in Texas would be catastrophic, and it almost happened by a storm. Fucking insanely bad grid regulation and just overall stupidity from the people in charge as usual.

just capitalism, son

uncut corners are lost profit

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post

Reconciliation? What the fuck is Biden talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by August View Post

It's the name of a specific process/system that the Republicans are especially great at. You probably know it under a different name?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reco...ates_Congress)

It's also the place where some of the most infamous bullshit in congress happens.

Like. I understand he's probably actually stating the sad likely truth and the reason for it there. The issue is as usual just going in defeated won't get you them brownie points you really fucking need right now.
    Last edited by Isyel; February 19 2021 at 05:10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by August View Post

TLDR. USA hasn't passed a budget since before Obama. No one ever gets a filibuster proof majority in Senate. So they just keep using that mechanism that allows them to tweak previous year's budget within some hard limitations. So any and all national policy changes have to be able to be budgeted through reconciliation or not at all.

Edit.

Also here is an article about actual Biden immigration policy actions, and not just Twitter leftist purity tests
    https://www.cfr.org/in-brief/breakin...-abbreviations
    Last edited by dzajic; February 19 2021 at 07:43:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post
    leftist purity tests
    You're like a broken record with your shitty internet buzzwords.

It's not a purity test to criticize a president and what he does, especially when it's basically "going back to a shitty situation that happens to be a little less shitty than the current one".

I ask you again, why do you think trumpist like obedience to the leader and licking their boots for every little scrap they throw is the only appropriate source of action? Had some experience with it in the grand old balkan times?
    Last edited by Isyel; February 19 2021 at 07:53:44 AM.

https://abc13.com/weather/texas-ener...e-us/10350120/

Seems texas ain't done fucking people yet. Apparrently they have budget energy providers that charge market rate rather then fixed rate, with the issues going on the price of energy has spiked and prices have gone from 5 cents per kwh to 1+ dollars per kwh and rising. People are looking at energy bills for this week thatll push 1000+ dollars. Griddy actually recommended its customers try and switch away from them to a fixed rate provider but nobody is taking new customers.

Oh dear.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post
    https://abc13.com/weather/texas-ener...e-us/10350120/

Seems texas ain't done fucking people yet. Apparrently they have budget energy providers that charge market rate rather then fixed rate, with the issues going on the price of energy has spiked and prices have gone from 5 cents per kwh to 1+ dollars per kwh and rising. People are looking at energy bills for this week thatll push 1000+ dollars. Griddy actually recommended its customers try and switch away from them to a fixed rate provider but nobody is taking new customers.

Oh dear.
    You know what they say. If you can't make a profit in a crisis you cant make a profit at all.

Remember kids, capitalism is the best system we have! There is no alternative!
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    It's mad that this is a step up from someone actively making everything worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

It's not a step up when you start thinking about who the Republicans are going to put in the whitehouse next.

Or what they'll do after they retake the senate.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    No one that has figured out how to pay it's own way, anyway.
    meh

Capitalism doesn't pay it's own way lmao. It's entirely dependent on extracting and exploiting surplus value.

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    No one that has figured out how to pay it's own way, anyway.
    Can't be figured out if its crushed by the system it'd replace can it.