hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 854 of 902 FirstFirst ... 354754804844851852853854855856857864 ... LastLast
Results 17,061 to 17,080 of 18023

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    Guys, it's simple. It's a wonderful thing women (men too) are being liberated from centuries of shit gender roles, but forcing households to have more than two incomes is two steps back.

EDIT:

Meant one income, not two.
    Are people "forced" against their will to have two incomes?

Or do they chose to because of what two incomes brings (shorter commutes, material possessions, more home space than they actually need, more cars/bigger cars than they actually need, etc.)

I'd offer that perhaps part of the problem is that people, when given the choice, always seem to choose the more option, more stuff, more wealth, more materiality, and not the "less stuff" option. Keeping up with the Jones, ect.

Perhaps we all need to be better educated to own own own decisions/choices. People can in fact live just fine without most of the costly materialistic trappings of the modern era.

Abandoning traditional strict gender roles is a wonderful long-overdue thing. Agreed. Ones gender should play no role in how they choose to live their lives, nor should it play a role in their societal responsibilities, which should be equally applied to all regardless of gender.
    Ah yes, we have rising housing costs and century defining economic inequality because those in the lower end of the income distribution are chasing so much dispensable income their landlord just has to extract all of it otherwise they might become financially secure.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    Another communist propaganda from a GOD-DAMMED-COMMIE-SON-OF-A-BITCH

Oh yeah we'll definitely impeach him this time guys!
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Didn't more Republican senators vote for conviction this time around?

And that means what?

Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post
    Needed way more, but they are all dedicated fascist supporters so it was a dream.

3rd time is a charm

I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Gotta repeat it a few more times just in case.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post
    Yes.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Senate acquitted Donald Trump on Saturday in his second impeachment trial in a year, with fellow Republicans blocking conviction over the former president’s role in the deadly assault by his supporters on the U.S. Capitol.

The Senate vote of 57-43 fell short of the two-thirds majority needed to convict Trump on a charge of incitement of insurrection after a five-day trial in the same building ransacked by his followers on Jan. 6 shortly after they heard him deliver an incendiary speech.

In the vote, seven of the 50 Senate Republicans joined the chamber’s unified Democrats in favoring conviction.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN2AD0AE
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    Reading channel name "Secular Talk" took me 3 minutes to Google separate sources its not just another masqueraded alt-right youtuber.

"43 thousand votes, what does that tell you".

It tells me you are lying manipulating son of a bitch who is ignoring 7+ million votes Biden had over Trump. Problem is the electoral college and USA holding to a 250 year old constitution like holy scripture given by gods.

Edit. Here is the source WaPo article:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ll-washington/

Difference in Arizona was ~11 thousand, Georgina 12 thousand and ~20 thousand for Wisconsin.

But that would not have been a direct Trump win. It would have been 269:269 and vote going to the Congress and to the infamous "state delegations".
    Last edited by dzajic; February 13 2021 at 10:38:22 PM.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...tnesses-468992

Inside Democrats' witness fiasco
    The impeachment managers in Donald Trump's trial spent Friday night and Saturday morning wrestling with the question themselves.
    During the Senate break after the witness vote Saturday, Sen. Chris Coons (D-Del.) twice came into the managers’ room off the Senate floor, according to multiple Democratic sources. Coons pressed House Democrats to relent, saying their quest for witnesses would cost them Republican votes to convict and maybe even some Democrats.

"The jury is ready to vote," Coons told the managers, according to a senior House Democratic aide. "People want to get home for Valentine‘s Day."
    I wish I had any expectations and thus surprise left for how dumb some of these motherfuckers are.

Hahaha great job burgers

McConnell voted "not guilty of incitement of insurrection". Then, 10 minutes later, explained how Trump was guilty: "Trump is practically and morally responsible for provoking the events. No question about it.

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Noone apart from the Im with Her brigade thought he was actually going to lose surely

murica

Quote Originally Posted by evil edna View Post
    surely
    I dont think anybody sane would have possibly thought he was gonna lose this.

Aka i'm sure some of the lunatics who somehow still believe 'the system' works (after all the bullshit of the last couple years) are now shocked. But only them really.
    Last edited by Isyel; February 14 2021 at 12:01:56 AM.

Craven cunt bag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    at least we're not Greece.

Its not that surprising. While voting for impeachment could have helped GOP get rid of Trump and pretend he never existed, Trump and Trumpism departure would lose them a lot of votes and cause a lot of them to be primaried by Q-ers and caused other MAGAhatters to again stop voting. By openly and publicly swearing their allegiance to Trump they hope to ride Trumpism to retake both houses in 2022. Which they can do easily.

Again, for GOP it was simple
    a) do the "right" thing and excise Trump and Trumpism -> high risk of major fraction in the party, much lower chances of retaking control in 2022
    b) stand by Trump, win in 2022, who cares what lunatic runs for president in 2024, its distant future, and besides what's the worst thing that could happen

I mean in all honesty, the impeachment wasn't ever going to hurt the Dems, not attempting it was lunacy, and it can be used as a tool now. It was always going to be that way, and Coons is a retard but he was operating off the already foregone conclusion that Republicans made so clear before the trial even occurred. Why that is shocking but the idea of the system working is seems a little silly.

Also Lief is just either trolling or actually gone full retard with his youtube links, but considering his past posting he honestly might believe Joe Biden and Donald Trump were 45k votes away from each other, while saying that and mentioning 330 million people live here.

What fun the Senate tackles next is bound to delight us all.