hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 346 of 392 FirstFirst ... 246296336343344345346347348349356 ... LastLast
Results 6,901 to 6,920 of 7828

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

“We have free movement of persons.”

Yeah no we don’t. Emigrating as an American is not an easy process.

Keep all the fatties on their continent

Quote Originally Posted by evil edna View Post
    Says member of fattest Nation in Europe who's trying to isolate themselves.

Solid laugh.

isyel burning edna

is this the opposite day?

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by evil edna View Post
    Says member of fattest Nation in Europe who's trying to isolate themselves.

Solid laugh.
    EU: "Keep the fatties off the continent."
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

other- bernie

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    other- bernie
    thanks for clarifying that

bernie winning is the only thing that can save "muh democracy" in the eyes of the world
    forget the policies - he is literally the only unbent candidate with a mind of his own

They couldn't get any slander to stick so its back to the media blackout I guess
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    The cost of universal healthcare and affordable education is (hundreds of) thousands of administrative overhead positions becoming exposed for the leeches that they are. As well as a reshuffle, if not collapse, of the credit industry.

Of course they are going to shill as hard as they can, they know which side their bread is buttered on.

That said, if a progressive gets elected, i fully expect the overhaul that gets past congress to be even more inefficient than before due to horse trading.
    So now we're blaming 'the (hundreds of) thousands of administrative overhead positions'? As well as 'the credit industry'?

Sorry to break it to you, but this is basically Bernie's own fault/problem. He knows his plans look massively expensive to your average tax payer (who expects to be paying for it), so he doesn't want to put a number on it. As that would scare them even more.

So, even though I think it'd be totally worth it (it's time the US dealt with this, and turns into a proper welfare state. If it has money for the military-industrial complex, it should have money for this), you can't really blame everyone else for putting a number on it then, can you?

Let's at least try to be honest about this: Bernie's weak point on his policy plans is that they are expensive, but he won't say how expensive. He has been dancing around the costing for years now. Now that's great for the people who'll benefit from those policies (which I would argue would be everyone, but OK), but not so much for those that would have to pay for it all.

And if that would be the 1%, but that's not what Joe middle class tax payer thinks, now, is it?

It's the difference (at least on the surface) between Warren and Bernie. At least Warren's policies are costed (more or less).
    But they will happily pay for the bombs we drop on innocent victims around the world.
    Yes, why is that?

The only two parties they can vote for are stuffed with hawks.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

American hegemony, economic included, is built on force projection. Problem is it got redirected from the common people long ago and snuffed the american dream out.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    American hegemony, economic included, is built on force projection. Problem is it got redirected from the common people long ago and snuffed the american dream out.
    Explain how 'economic force projection' in the US was ever directed 'from', or even 'toward' the 'common people', or what it even means (outside of a military context).

Or, indeed, how, beyond 'frontierism' (i.e., oppressing/exterminating the natives) 'the American dream' was ever more than a pipedream/propaganda exercise; one that only looked valid in comparison to the prevalent class-based oppression in Europe at that time.

Otherwise I'm going to point to Bezos and Suckerberg and claim (erroneously obviously) that the 'American dream' is still very much alive and kicking.

Not that I want it but... B-man wont be allowed to win by the forces that be. Its just not going to happen. If he doesnt drop dead due to legit health-reasons before the race is over sadly.
    Trump will get 2nd term behind the economy being strong and he going free from impeachment.

Also Biden... he has gone of the rails a bit hasnt he?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    economy being strong
    wonder if it crashes in 2024 when it will be the next dem's problem or earlier

Everyone having minimum wage jobs doesn't make an economy strong.

Its just creates a statistic that the unscrupulous can use to convince the ignorant that the economy is strong.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    economy being strong
    wonder if it crashes in 2024 when it will be the next dem's problem or earlier
    The US (and Trump) can count itself lucky if this bubble doesn't burst before November, frankly ...

Also Biden... he has gone of the rails a bit hasnt he?
    Who the fuck cares about Biden? Hillary has leapt right over the edge.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Hillary Clinton criticized the campaign of her former Democratic presidential rival Bernie Sanders in a new documentary in which she says he was an ineffective U.S. senator who accomplished little because “nobody liked him.”

Clinton also weighed in on the dispute between Sanders and 2020 Democratic presidential rival Elizabeth Warren centering around the electability of women, saying Sanders demonstrated “a pattern” in how his campaign attacked women rivals.

The criticism, made in a Hulu documentary to be shown at the Sundance Film Festival on Saturday and an interview promoting it, revealed lingering bitterness toward Sanders after he mounted an unexpected Democratic primary challenge to Clinton in 2016. Clinton backers blame Sanders’ supporters for tarnishing her with vitriolic criticism that helped put Republican Donald Trump in the White House.

“He was in Congress for years. He had one senator support him. Nobody likes him, nobody wants to work with him, he got nothing done. He was a career politician. It’s all just baloney and I feel so bad that people got sucked into it,” Clinton says in the documentary, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

Asked recently by the magazine if that assessment still holds, Clinton said, “Yes, it does.”

Sanders said in a statement that “my focus today is on a monumental moment in American history: the impeachment trial of Donald Trump. Together, we are going to go forward and defeat the most dangerous president in American history.”

Clinton did not commit to endorsing and campaigning for Sanders should he win the nomination this year, citing a competitive Democratic field, but she criticized his campaign as having a culture of insult and attack.

“I will say, however, that it’s not only him, it’s the culture around him. It’s his leadership team. It’s his prominent supporters. It’s his online Bernie Bros and their relentless attacks on lots of his competitors, particularly the women,” Clinton told the Hollywood Reporter.

When she was asked about the dispute over whether Sanders told Warren in a private conversation that a woman could not beat Trump, Clinton pointed out that she got 3 million more votes than Trump in the 2016 presidential election.

Clinton called the dispute part of a pattern with Sanders, noting he had attacked her as being unqualified despite her experience, including as secretary of state and a U.S. senator.

She encouraged voters “to elect a president who’s going to try to bring us together, and not either turn a blind eye, or actually reward the kind of insulting, attacking, demeaning, degrading behavior that we’ve seen from this current administration.”
    Still touting those 3 million votes while Trump is touting his victory.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm

"nObOdY lIkEd HiM!"

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    “We have free movement of persons.”

Yeah no we don’t. Emigrating as an American is not an easy process.
    I have a relative who emigrated to Thailand. Family friends went to live in Argentina for two years. The process wasn't hard.