hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 221 of 305 FirstFirst ... 121171211218219220221222223224231271 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,420 of 6083

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

Y
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruri View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    I don’t know that we’ll ever be able to prove the truth of the leaded-gas-made-Boomers-crazy meme.
    We don't need solid evidence, they're unstable enough to believe anything!
    I sometimes think introducing old people to computers was a mistake. My MIL sends me texts with fucking emojis in it. My wife texts me in normal sentences like a normal person.
    https://thebaffler.com/latest/twilig...uncles-burmila

Also, in more Darkest Timeline news,

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...003_story.html

Nearly a week before the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration publicly backed President Trump over its own scientists, a top NOAA official warned its staff against contradicting the president.
    Someone else who should be punished with Jail time when we free this county from the fascist assholes who have stolen power here.
    meh

I don’t know that we’ll ever be able to prove the truth of the leaded-gas-made-Boomers-crazy meme.
    I sometimes think introducing old people to computers was a mistake. My MIL sends me texts with fucking emojis in it. My wife texts me in normal sentences like a normal person.

Yeah i know a few dozen people like that in Holland. Used to be your crazy uncle drunk at a birthday party. Now it is everywhere online and offline. They also don't need to be drunk anymore to spout their insanity. I allways like when they say 'everybody agrees'. In the past i would look up their Facebook drivel, havent logged on to facebook in near 5 years now, and he/she got 4 likes on such a post. Yeah ok uncle Bob everybody agrees with you.
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post

Yeah i know a few dozen people like that in Holland. Used to be your crazy uncle drunk at a birthday party. Now it is everywhere online and offline. They also don't need to be drunk anymore to spout their insanity. I allways like when they say 'everybody agrees'. In the past i would look up their Facebook drivel, havent logged on to facebook in near 5 years now, and he/she got 4 likes on such a post. Yeah ok uncle Bob everybody agrees with you.
    I straight deleted my account not that long ago, all their horrid practices around data added to the human suffering it's caused both directly (to the content moderators who are paid slave wages to watch videos of shit like cats being tortured for hours a day and who actually develop PTSD because of it) and indirectly (providing a platform for incredibly destructive propaganda that's designed to spread viral ideas regardless of their veracity) finally convinced me to cut it out of my life.

Started on it back when it was just for college kids, then when my mum joined up and started posting cat photos I was still like "oh this is cute and fun now." Looking back, it's obvious now that any platform with weak or little moderation will eventually devolve into a conspiracy-theory fever swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.

Ass ass ass.

I mean Usenet proved that 30 years ago.

Something something Noam Chomsky and Manufactured Consent.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    So we're building a wall to keep out peaceful brown people, but we're inviting violent brown people to Camp David?
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

That’s what Camp David is for.

Back when it had a cooler name.

meh

Soon people will be nostalgic for the days when our world leaders stood around doing weird stuff at Bohemian Grove (not).

Quote Originally Posted by Spaztick View Post
    Soon people will be nostalgic for the days when our world leaders stood around doing weird stuff at Bohemian Grove (not).
    I mean, in hindsight, it's a lot better then the nincompoops we have now.
    meh

Is it? It seems the difference is just a matter of pretense and sophistication. You get a pass for killing or screwing people if its hidden behind a wall of nice platitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    Is it? It seems the difference is just a matter of pretense and sophistication. You get a pass for killing or screwing people if its hidden behind a wall of nice platitudes.
    Than what we have now? Vastly better...
    meh

Trump could eventually be worse, but he's yet to tally up a million-plus dead in the ME.

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    Trump could eventually be worse, but he's yet to tally up a million-plus dead in the ME.
    Give them time to implement the final solution to the southern border problem and the gays as well...
    meh

Say what you want but we sure as hell aint talking about Epstein anymore... Neither here or on any political side, funny that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Say what you want but we sure as hell aint talking about Epstein anymore... Neither here or on any political side, funny that.
    epstein who?

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Is there something we're supposed to talk about?

I thought we already agreed that it smelled like bullshit and yeah his "suicide" means nothing will happen to anyone who deserves it.

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    You (Isyel) are at the ranking top of all the other users in here that consistently just dishes out insults without any other content. You had it coming. Take it like a man and grow up.
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Just in case this isn't clear by now (and it really shouldn't be necessary to point out, you're all grownups) saying that people should be killed because of their political or religious convictions IS NOT FUCKING OK. Tempban handed out in the movie thread. Apply a minimum of self control ffs

I'd vote for her (if I lived in New Mexico).

Ad looks like a trailer to a spy flick or something. Maybe that works.

"She was betrayed by her country, now she has a score to settle. . . . with the President."
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

She actually does though. Cheney could have gotten her killed.