hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 321 of 344 FirstFirst ... 221271311318319320321322323324331 ... LastLast
Results 6,401 to 6,420 of 6871

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    I still think that Trump will win in 2020. The GOP have nailed their colours to the mast: they're openly and avowedly indifferent to the law now, so the electoral fraud and voter suppression will be dialed up to Russian standards, combined with the fact that reality is now a partisan issue, so 35% of the country really and literally wouldn't change their intention if Trump shot a dude in public.

Change my mind.
    But what about those checks and bal..... Ah, nevermind.

I still think that Trump will win in 2020. The GOP have nailed their colours to the mast: they're openly and avowedly indifferent to the law now, so the electoral fraud and voter suppression will be dialed up to Russian standards, combined with the fact that reality is now a partisan issue, so 35% of the country really and literally wouldn't change their intention if Trump shot a dude in public.

Change my mind.
    The US economy is going to make a swing for the worse. Impeachment is going to, at the least, park a lot of GOP voters on their couch come November. Dem primaries are going to finally settle on a candidate, and they'll finally swing behind that candidate. No more 'yes, but Hillary?' nonsense this time round, when/if the opponent is still Trump. Trump's on a (terminal) decline (I hope), and is going to fuck up something major, and undeniable in the time remaining (I mean, it's gonna happen). His tax returns will come out. It's not about changing the voting intention of 35% of US voters, it's about them not voting, and the rest coming out to vote. And if the GOP ladle on the voter suppression and electoral fraud, that's going to piss off a lot of people enough to come out to vote.

In other words: I doubt he's going to be reelected.

Put your money where your mouth is then. Bet on it.

If the candidate is anyone but Sanders I'm betting on trump reelection

https://www.unibet.eu/betting/sports/filter/politics

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Apparently, Trump and his supporters have such terrible plumbing and low-fiber diets that they have to flush the toilet 15 times.

If you have to flush the toilet more than three times, you need to step back and think about your life.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump said on Friday he has directed his environmental regulators to find answers to what he said is a big problem - water-conserving showers, faucets and toilets.

“We have a situation where we’re looking very strongly at sinks and showers and other elements of bathrooms,” Trump told a meeting of small business leaders at the White House. “You turn the faucet on in areas where there’s tremendous amounts of water ... and you don’t get any water,” he added.

He said the Environmental Protection Agency was looking “very strongly at my suggestion.”

The fixtures “end up using more water,” Trump told the roundtable where U.S. officials also reviewed his agenda of slashing regulations such as those on efficient light bulbs. “People are flushing toilets 10 times, 15 times, as opposed to once,” he said.

EPA spokesman Michael Abboud said his agency is working with other departments so consumers have more choices in water products.
    Okay, but why change regulations--

Due to concerns about shrinking U.S. water supplies, the federal government has regulated faucet and showerhead water flow since at least 1994, when Democrat Bill Clinton was president.
    It was not the first time that Trump has emphasized water issues. In September, his EPA accused California’s cities of violating clean water laws by allowing human waste from homeless residents to enter waterways.

San Francisco Mayor London Breed accused Trump of “taking swipes” at her city for “no reason other than politics.” It was the latest clash between the Republican president and Democratic officials in the state.
    Ah, of course.

Also in September, Trump’s EPA repealed the 2015 Waters of the United States rule that had expanded protections for wetlands and shallow streams, but which farmers, miners and manufacturers decried as overreach.

Water-conserving fixtures may be a good idea in desert regions, Trump told the business leaders. “But for the most part, you have many states where they have so much water that it comes down. It’s called rain. They don’t know what to do with it,” Trump said.
    I...what?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1YA2LF
    Last edited by Nordstern; December 7 2019 at 08:18:08 PM.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Water-conserving fixtures may be a good idea in desert regions, Trump told the business leaders. “But for the most part, you have many states where they have so much water that it comes down. It’s called rain. They don’t know what to do with it,” Trump said.
    I...what?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1YA2LF
    I think that's literally mad old man yells at clouds.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post

Change my mind.
    The US economy is going to make a swing for the worse. Impeachment is going to, at the least, park a lot of GOP voters on their couch come November. Dem primaries are going to finally settle on a candidate, and they'll finally swing behind that candidate. No more 'yes, but Hillary?' nonsense this time round, when/if the opponent is still Trump. Trump's on a (terminal) decline (I hope), and is going to fuck up something major, and undeniable in the time remaining (I mean, it's gonna happen). His tax returns will come out. It's not about changing the voting intention of 35% of US voters, it's about them not voting, and the rest coming out to vote. And if the GOP ladle on the voter suppression and electoral fraud, that's going to piss off a lot of people enough to come out to vote.

In other words: I doubt he's going to be reelected.

The US economy is going to make a swing for the worse.

Yep, agreed this is going to hurt Trump some, although it's by no means a lock that it'll actively help the democrats.

Impeachment is going to, at the least, park a lot of GOP voters on their couch

I think you mean that the treasonous, blatantly unconstitutional coup attempt is going to energise the GOP machine and their base to stand up and Save America. We have seen it proved time and again that they're beyond shame, contemptuous of any "fake news" reality that they don't like, and couldn't give less of a shit about process, precedence, electoral law, or indeed any law other than "niggers indoors by sundown, keep browns out, put the mudpeople in camps and let them rot". Trump has demonstrated himself to be criminal, stupid, utterly corrupt, in thrall to the Russians, openly contemptuous of democracy, even more contemptuous of the law, and it hasn't done anything other than embarrass him about 0.1% as much it has embarrassed his opposition for being unable to land a glove on him.

Dem primaries are going to finally settle on a candidate, and they'll finally swing behind that candidate.

Bold assertions, which should - if you're honest - be prefaced by "I hope..."

Trump's on a (terminal) decline (I hope), and is going to fuck up something major, and undeniable in the time remaining

He's "fucked up something major" approximately twice a month for the last 3 years. He's done literally thirty things that would wreck any normal presidency already. How can you not realise that this is his actual modus operandi by now? The scandals don't really hurt him because he starts a new one the moment the last once starts to bite. But somehow the 31st will magically be the one that does the trick?

Barth, after 4 years of Trump, you're still trying to pretend that the game is played by the old rules. It's not. Those rules are now, at best, like those cute things that parliament does with the Black Rod and the mace and whatever. A picturesque bit of colourful theatre that a lot of people are still nostalgically attached to, no longer has any actual bearing on outcomes. It's beyond sentimental to think otherwise.
    Last edited by Malcanis; December 7 2019 at 10:37:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

It's incredible to live in a time when people actively have very different perceptions of the same reality.

And to think that even now, 3 years after it started and no evidence was ever produced, vast swathes of the populace still believe in the "russia hacked the election" and "trump is in thrall with the Russians" conspiracy theories. Or, who was Seth Rich? The guy that uploaded the DNC dirty emails to Wikileaks, and not ze Ebil Rusmen.

This is a bad omen for our future.

the treasonous, blatantly unconstitutional coup attempt is going to energise the GOP machine, their base and anyone with firing neurons to stand up and Save America.
    Fixed, and seconded.

"no evidence was ever produced"

https://www.justice.gov/storage/report.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.

Ass ass ass.

trump 2020 lets go

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by evil edna View Post
    trump 2020 lets go
    hard brexit with uk becoming us vassal let's go
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

both are more likely than you think.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by Ruri View Post
    "no evidence was ever produced"

https://www.justice.gov/storage/report.pdf
    I had already downloaded and read that file - I looked again. There is no credible evidence that:

1. Russia hacked the election (the election machines, or what?).
    2. Trump is or has ever acted "in thrall" with Russia.

https://www.npr.org/2019/03/24/70638...sian-collusion

Look how stupid you look, the phony report you yourself posted discredits your own argument.

3. Seth Rich DID NOT leak the DNC files.

Even though the FBI and CIA claim it was GRU (Russia) that did it under Guccifer 2.0 pseudonym, both Julian Assange and Kimdotcom, among others, have claimed or alluded that the emails were not hacked and instead the entire database was backed-up in an USB drive by an insider (Seth Rich) who then uploaded it. The entire Muller report investigation is suspect due to the proven bias him and his agents have in their ongoing treasonous and seditious actions aimed at subverting the legitimately elected government (Trump). If you look at the document, all the actual "evidence" (pages 38 - 41) is blacked out, so we have to take it on faith that people proven to be biased and to have motive to lie, published a truthful report.

https://twitter.com/KimDotcom/status/865699156278484992

In any case, the entire Russia hack narrative was an attempt at deflection from the fact that the leaks proved that the Democratic National Committee itself stole the election by preventing the democratically elected Bernie Sanders from being the D candidate, which they gave to Hillary through super delegates.

I guess if you accept the narrative that Russia hacked the election, then it did so by making public derogatory information about the DNC and Hillary, not by doing any actively malicious action (like hacking election machines). The truth was brought to light through crime (allegedly) and somehow THAT is the evil - in upside down world.

If you claim that Trump committed treason, the burden of proof is on you. And honestly, if that was the case, he would have been indicted immediately even before assuming office. And to think, even with the illegal FISA wiretapping of Trump during the election by Obama (to be revealed soon), they never managed to find any legitimate evidence of crime or they would have gone after him full force via parallel construction.

Also, you should make this Trump treason evidence public as it may have great value in the kangaroo impeachment bullshit.

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    hahaha snowflake

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    hahaha snowflake
    our supermod, everyone

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    hahaha snowflake
    our supermod, everyone
    Is showing he is grounded in the thing we "normal" people would call reality, and is showing admirable restraint in not drop-kicking Neo in the teeth's (with a ban ofc).....

A Ban for breaking what rule?

Here is some common sense testimony against the "impeachment" by Jonathan Turley, a George Washington University law professor, where he talks about the danger in changing (lower rigor) the definition of "crimes" to fit the current needs, that would later come back and ruin government in the future, and asking for decent people to act morally and not on what is momentarily convenient:

I hear his testimony was not shown on propaganda narrative media.

Quote Originally Posted by Neoo Gabriel View Post
    A Ban for breaking what rule?

Here is some common sense testimony against the "impeachment" by Jonathan Turley, a George Washington University law professor, where he talks about the danger in changing (lower rigor) the definition of "crimes" to fit the current needs, that would later come back and ruin government in the future, and asking for decent people to act morally and not on what is momentarily convenient:

You mention propaganda narrative media yet link Fox News. You're such a bad at this.
    [marquee][/marquee]

Quote Originally Posted by Neoo Gabriel View Post

As with everything else, you not hearing has to do with willfull ignorance and not reality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmu5FDJYSTk
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKajcnvetaY
    https://www.cbsnews.com/video/turley...ce-to-impeach/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO4OlpJRvX0

etc etc

Also this is the guy that thought Clinton should be impeached for lying about an affair. But impeaching Trump for abusing the power of the presidency for personal gain and at the same time undermining the next election is apparantly a dangerous precedent....

Something changed this guy in the last 20 years or maybe it was just the inhabitant of the white house that did.

Stfu Neoo lmao

fucking meester of the us thread
    Last edited by Isyel; December 8 2019 at 11:23:29 AM.

The light bulb - they got rid of the light bulb that people got used to. The new bulb is many times more expensive and - I hate to say it - it doesn't make you look as good.

Of course, being a vain person, that's very important to me. It's like - it gives you an orange look. I don't want an orange look. Has anyone noticed that? So we'll have to change those bulbs in at least a couple rooms where I am in the White House. ...

We have a situation where we're looking very strongly at sinks and showers. And other elements of bathrooms - where you turn the faucet on, in areas where there's tremendous amounts of water, where the water rushes out to sea because you could never handle it - and you don't get any water. You turn on the faucet and you don't get any water. They take a shower and water comes dripping out, very quietly, dripping out.

People are flushing toilets 10 times, 15 times, as opposed to once. They end up using more water. ...

You go into a new building, or a new house or a new home, and they have standards where you don't get water. You can't wash your hands practically, so little water comes out of the faucet. And the end result is you leave the faucet on and it takes you much longer to wash your hands. ...

For the most part, you have many states where they have so much water, it comes down -- it's called rain. They don't know what to do with it. ...

A lot of things we do are based on common sense. ... If I didn't get elected you wouldn't have a steel industry. ... We weren't going to have a steel industry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.