hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 289 of 583 FirstFirst ... 189239279286287288289290291292299339389 ... LastLast
Results 5,761 to 5,780 of 11646

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

  1. #5761
    Dorvil Barranis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    5,901
    Wait, how did that double post only include the quote on one post? This is getting odd.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang


  2. #5762
    Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24, 2011
    Location
    Putting owls in your Moss
    Posts
    9,920
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    Wait, how did that double post only include the quote on one post? This is getting odd.
    The forum butt posted

  3. #5763
    Lachesis VII's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20, 2011
    Location
    Egghelende
    Posts
    6,044
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    How does one Butte dial a phone pw?
    Makes No sense to me.
    Phone is open, No need for pw. How do you txt or app and send by accident. Pr stunt again


    Verstuurd vanaf mijn LENNY2 met Tapatalk
    Siri, and similar services. They’re actually quite easy to trigger accidentally, I’ve done some fucking around and found that if I talk about returning someone’s phone call enough, my iPhone will sometimes call back the last number I spoke with. This explains the journalist who’d spoken with Rudy that night getting a call from him mid-conversation.

    “Butt-dial” is a holdover from the long-ago when mobile phones had buttons.

    These folks don’t think to secure their phones before having sensitive discussions.

    Also lolbuttedial

  4. #5764

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Hollandistan
    Posts
    7,499
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    How does one Butte dial a phone pw?
    Makes No sense to me.
    Phone is open, No need for pw. How do you txt or app and send by accident. Pr stunt again


    Verstuurd vanaf mijn LENNY2 met Tapatalk
    Siri, and similar services. They’re actually quite easy to trigger accidentally, I’ve done some fucking around and found that if I talk about returning someone’s phone call enough, my iPhone will sometimes call back the last number I spoke with. This explains the journalist who’d spoken with Rudy that night getting a call from him mid-conversation.

    “Butt-dial” is a holdover from the long-ago when mobile phones had buttons.

    These folks don’t think to secure their phones before having sensitive discussions.

    Also lolbuttedial
    Ah Yes siri and alexa .
    I dont use it, forgot about it.
    The ye 'ol Butte dialing happened to me in days of yonder.

    Verstuurd vanaf mijn LENNY2 met Tapatalk
    Schopenhauer:

    All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

  5. #5765
    Joe Appleby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    in front of the class
    Posts
    15,509
    Google Assistant is also quite hyperactive. Anytime you say OK it activates waiting for you to say OK Google.

    But since it's the US, it's Siri.

    Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

  6. #5766
    Joe Appleby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    in front of the class
    Posts
    15,509
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    We just had a poster call (not ironically IMO, given how often he does it) for literal mass hangings of anyone who supports smaller government.
    I don't really know where to start. So I'll keep it to one issue I have with that sentence.

    "anyone who supports smaller government" and racists is now synonymous? Because I'm fairly certain that Erich's comments were aimed at racists.

    For someone who complains about the way people here argue, you aren't showing yourself to be better.

    Or does "anyone who supports smaller government" equal racist in your mind? I wouldn't think so and I do wholeheartedly hope and believe it doesn't. Which makes this all the more aggravating.

    Also historically speaking, racists were never champions for smaller governments.

    Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

  7. #5767
    Liare's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    14,481
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    There's like a million Alistair posts with some extremely snide insult about someone's age lol
    Yep, there is. And it was wrong to do so tbqh. People can learn...
    There's a fairly consistent pattern here, where you don't accept that some subclass of crappy behaviour should actually be considered a real problem until you get it done to you.
    Also fairly consistent, that you and others here think engaging in those behaviors to anyone right of them is justifiable and should be encouraged. Civility is not a thing when it comes to folks you disagree with politically. You have all made that very clear.

    We just had a poster call (not ironically IMO, given how often he does it) for literal mass hangings of anyone who supports smaller government. And another, one of our resident unironic Communists, who openly supports discrimination, racism and sexism and ageism because older white males apparently all deserve it, because apparently we're all to blame for every single social ill today and ever.

    Stereotyping "those people" you so clearly hate is ok when it's you folks who do it.

    And this place loves it all. It never calls them out. But I dismiss a few of you kids once in a while when you're talking out your asses, and I'm the worst thing on FHC. Well, to be fair, the worst thing left outside the diminishing circle jerk of far-leftists on this now mostly dead forum.

    Honestly, I wish you all get exactly the kind of government you all pretty much seem to want. Good luck, and god speed!

    P.S. Save the insults, I've been coming here materially less and less, for good reason, and I think I've had my fill finally.

    Good luck with the Revolution!
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    conservatism, a infantile disorder tbh.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

    Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

  8. #5768
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    21,796
    Behold, the snowflake generation! Equality looks like oppression to the privileged.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

  9. #5769

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Pizza delivery van
    Posts
    7,477
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Behold, the snowflake generation! Equality looks like oppression to the privileged.
    Global warming should soon melt the snowflakes

  10. #5770
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    21,796
    Global warming will unfairly target the planet's most oppressed demographic, conservative white males born between 1955 and 1970. Yet another horror they will be required to endure. Wind turbines will blot their previously unblemished views of the horizon, their lawns will wilt under the unrelenting sun while they are punished with draconian hosepipe bans, their dodge pick up trucks will be taxed into oblivion and they will have to find a way to fit their golf clubs into the boot of a Nissan leaf.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

  11. #5771
    Donor Spaztick's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    No Longer up High Sierra's Ass
    Posts
    10,615
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Global warming will unfairly target the planet's most oppressed demographic, conservative white males born between 1955 and 1970. Yet another horror they will be required to endure. Wind turbines will blot their previously unblemished views of the horizon, their lawns will wilt under the unrelenting sun while they are punished with draconian hosepipe bans, their dodge pick up trucks will be taxed into oblivion and they will have to find a way to fit their golf clubs into the boot of a Nissan leaf.
    The lack of charcoal grilling equipment would drive them to suicide first.

  12. #5772

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Hollandistan
    Posts
    7,499
    Whomever says its Big Government that is wastefull has clearly never worked for a Fortune 500 company.
    Big companies are just better at hiding waste.

    Bring in the AI overlords.

    Verstuurd vanaf mijn LENNY2 met Tapatalk
    Schopenhauer:

    All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

  13. #5773
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    21,796
    Any organisation over 200 people is going to be wasteful. If you want to see real waste work in construction on literally any single project of any size.

    Everyone seems hates big government unless the big government is arresting black people or splitting up migrant families.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

  14. #5774
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    17,536
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Any organisation over 200 people is going to be wasteful. If you want to see real waste work in construction on literally any single project of any size.

    Everyone seems hates big government unless the big government is arresting black people or splitting up migrant families.
    Or interfering in who can and can't get married.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

  15. #5775
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    21,796
    Congrats CIA for taking over Bolivia just as they started considering nationalising their lithium mines.

    That's very legal and cool.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

  16. #5776
    Donor Pattern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    7,127
    But what's wrong with just wanting to pay less taxes?

    #dogwhistle

  17. #5777
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    15,656
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Congrats CIA for taking over Bolivia just as they started considering nationalising their lithium mines.

    That's very legal and cool.
    The same lithium required for EV batteries? Their fault for putting their country in such a valuable resource...

    Also, aren't the CIA/Deep State busy trying to bring down Trump?
    meh

  18. #5778
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    21,796
    The very same lithium, they were drawing up plans to deal with international markets directly as sellers instead of through western corporate entities.

    The CIA/deep state are everywhere at everytime. Lizard men don't need sleep.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

  19. #5779
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    15,656
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    The very same lithium, they were drawing up plans to deal with international markets directly as sellers instead of through western corporate entities.
    Rookie mistake.
    meh

  20. #5780
    Liare's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    14,481
    not really considering how badly Venezuela was handled.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

    Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •