hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 225 of 324 FirstFirst ... 125175215222223224225226227228235275 ... LastLast
Results 4,481 to 4,500 of 6463

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    I think we might be able to get the NRA to use russian money to arm the homeless so they can defend themselves against unconstitutional actions.
    meh

Officials who spoke to the Post claim internment isn’t on their agenda. “We’re not rounding people up or anything yet. You guys in the media get too ahead of yourselves.”
    That's very reassuring

Time to start reminding everyone of the Nuremburg principles, I guess.

The next D administration should not be weak like Obama was with the Republican war criminals in the Bush regime, who should have seen solitary in a federal pen for a long time.

I expect every one of these out of control DHS employees to be prosecuted for the crimes against individual constitutional rights they have, will or are currently perpetrating.

Defunding the DHS and dismantling this hoax of a welfare program is needed too.
    meh

No. 2, make sure that we bring in to the help with the stud—the teachers deal with the problems that come from home. The problems that come from home, we need… We have one school psychologist for every 1,500 kids in America today. It’s crazy. The teachers are required—I’m married to a teacher. My deceased wife is a teacher. They have every problem coming to them.

Make sure that every single child does, in fact, have three, four, and five-year-olds go to school. School! Not day care, school. We bring social workers into homes of parents to help them deal with how to raise their children. It’s not that they don’t want to help. They don’t know what— They don’t know what quite what to do. Play the radio. Make sure the television—excuse me, make sure you have the record player on at night. The phone—make sure the kids hear words. A kid coming from a very poor school—er, a very poor background will hear 4 million words fewer spoken by the time they get there.

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    No. 2, make sure that we bring in to the help with the stud—the teachers deal with the problems that come from home. The problems that come from home, we need… We have one school psychologist for every 1,500 kids in America today. It’s crazy. The teachers are required—I’m married to a teacher. My deceased wife is a teacher. They have every problem coming to them.

Make sure that every single child does, in fact, have three, four, and five-year-olds go to school. School! Not day care, school. We bring social workers into homes of parents to help them deal with how to raise their children. It’s not that they don’t want to help. They don’t know what— They don’t know what quite what to do. Play the radio. Make sure the television—excuse me, make sure you have the record player on at night. The phone—make sure the kids hear words. A kid coming from a very poor school—er, a very poor background will hear 4 million words fewer spoken by the time they get there.
    Video:

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...te-answer.html

Didn't watch the debate so I almost thought this was Donald Trump, except he isn't married to a teacher nor does he have a deceased wife. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by August View Post

Didn't watch the debate so I almost thought this was Donald Trump, except he isn't married to a teacher nor does he have a deceased wife. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to tell.
    This. Whats wrong with Biden? Cant hold his nerve on stage or has age claimed his brain?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Generational poverty is a complex topic, and a politician has to dance very carefully around it to avoid putting blame on people he wants to vote for him.

Hence word salad like this, where he advocates "putting the record player on at night" instad of pointing out that absentee parenthood is a problem of personal responsibility as well as wealth and income inequality.

Socioeconomic factors make it pretty difficult to pay rent and look after your kids for those living in poverty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Socioeconomic factors make it pretty difficult to pay rent and look after your kids for those living in poverty.
    Yes but haven’t you heard, someone making $350k is barely middle class.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/th...ass-2019-09-11

Now take all the child related expenses out of that...

The answer becomes clear!
    meh

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar

I want to know where $1.6 million is the median home price.

Also, 3 weeks vacation/year and $500/month on entertainment, lol.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post

I want to know where $1.6 million is the median home price.

Also, 3 weeks vacation/year and $500/month on entertainment, lol.
    The median in San Jose is 1.1 million now.

https://www.kiplinger.com/tool/real-...reas/index.php

1.6 would be certain smaller cities near here though, quite easily. Those aren't middle class areas by any stretch of the imagination, though.
    meh

It’s 1.3 mil in SF, 800k in NYC, 600k in Seattle.

In my neck of the woods 1.6 mil gets you something like this: https://www.trulia.com/p/wa/bainbrid...6#lil-mediaTab

Clearly this is a barely-middle-class property; anything less than a waterfront four bedroom with a city view is the slums.

In my neck of the woods 1.6 mil gets you something like this: https://www.trulia.com/p/wa/bainbrid...6#lil-mediaTab

Clearly this is a barely-middle-class property; anything less than a waterfront four bedroom with a city view is the slums.
    Median.

The median price in SF isn't 1.3, it's 800k. SJ is more expensive than SF now. The brogrammers ruined that city and all the cool people moved south or east.

I'd prolly look on the Queen Anne if I was going to move to your town. It's one of the few other places I'd want to live in the US, tbh.
    meh

Is it?

https://sf.curbed.com/2019/7/10/2068...francisco-2019

I grabbed the 1.3 figure from a Business Insider article; this says the median is 1.7.

Queens Anne is nice. Pretty happy living on my island though.

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post

Median.

The median price in SF isn't 1.3, it's 800k. SJ is more expensive than SF now. The brogrammers ruined that city and all the cool people moved south or east.

I'd prolly look on the Queen Anne if I was going to move to your town. It's one of the few other places I'd want to live in the US, tbh.
    arent you a brogrammer?

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post

Median.

arent you a brogrammer?
    More like a zefgrammer.

Is it?

https://sf.curbed.com/2019/7/10/2068...francisco-2019

I grabbed the 1.3 figure from a Business Insider article; this says the median is 1.7.

Queens Anne is nice. Pretty happy living on my island though.
    Yeah, those are single family home prices, and it looks like mine were through the whole market down to studio. You can squeeze those 2 kids into the studio, right? Bunk beds R fun!

Also: zefgrammer

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Lachesis VII again.
    meh