hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 339 of 425 FirstFirst ... 239289329336337338339340341342349389 ... LastLast
Results 6,761 to 6,780 of 8491

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...d&cmpId=google

Senator Bernie Sanders has jumped to the lead in Iowa over Pete Buttigieg and Joe Biden, while support for Elizabeth Warren has slipped, according to a New York Times/Siena poll released on Saturday.
    Buttkrieg4president

MI8m8

Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...d&cmpId=google

Senator Bernie Sanders has jumped to the lead in Iowa over Pete Buttigieg and Joe Biden, while support for Elizabeth Warren has slipped, according to a New York Times/Siena poll released on Saturday.
    Buttkrieg4president

MI8m8
    I mean he is a veteran...

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    I think my version sounds more apropos.

In 1992, HRC endorsed a presidential candidate for the first time, Bill Clinton.
    :thinking:
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    They did endorse Clinton over Sanders in 2016.

This despite the fact that Sanders was leading gay pride marches in Burlington in the ‘80s while Clinton didn’t get on board with same-sex marriage until 2014 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...bernie-sanders

Popular podcaster and comedian Joe Rogan said that he will most likely vote for Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) in the upcoming Democratic presidential primary, saying the White House hopeful has been “insanely consistent his entire life.”
    Bigots4bernie
    Hes pretty left if you pay attention. The only incorrect thought he has is that trans people born as biological males should not be allowed in women's sports.
    Ho ho, not with a fucking barge pole.

This despite the fact that Sanders was leading gay pride marches in Burlington in the ‘80s while Clinton didn’t get on board with same-sex marriage until 2014 or so.
    Really makes you think about entities who only exist to gloss over defects in our society and make the affluent feel good about themselves while reducing their tax burden.
    Last edited by erichkknaar; January 25 2020 at 03:33:04 PM.
    meh

Really makes you think about entires who only exist to gloss over defects in our society and make the affluent feel good about themselves while reducing their tax burden.
    Right, that’s most liberal organizations though. Fighting the good fight to ensure that our ruling class is suitably diverse.

Why can't we have a party that makes powerful people the least powerful I'm sure that would be a likely thing to happen that we can reasonably expect to happen
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Why can't we have a party that makes powerful people the least powerful I'm sure that would be a likely thing to happen that we can reasonably expect to happen
    And yet...

Really makes you think about entires who only exist to gloss over defects in our society and make the affluent feel good about themselves while reducing their tax burden.
    Right, that’s most liberal organizations though. Fighting the good fight to ensure that our ruling class is suitably diverse.

The HRCs vision of equality achieved

First i thought the impeachment trial in senate would be dull because Republicans would not allow any new witness/testimony. Bolton made it interesting again.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/27/u...t-witness.html

Now if i understand it correctly even if the Republicans don't call Bolton to testify the presiding Judge still can do. And that will be interesting in itself to see how John Roberts the Supreme Court Justice will handle that.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/27/o...witnesses.html

beep boop

Bloomberg's candidacy is just so weird. He'd be a legit candidate if he'd started when all the others did, but now he's basically just pissing money into the wind and not really achieving much, from what I've seen every voter he's got could fit into the supporters of people who'd left the field because they just didn't have enough support to carry it off.

Theres two options: He is more scared of Bernie than of Trump/Biden, so hes splitting the vote on purpose; or, to give him the benefit of the doubt, hes trying to push the overton window just by virtue of being there. Kinda like how Hillary had to pretend to move left when it was her vs Bernie, hoping that this happens in the other direction if hes there so that its a Biden/Warren ticket or Biden/Dark Horse (more probable) instead of Bernie/Warren.

I think Warren is a shoehorn in for vice either way, since its the first female democratic vice president and they can go say "see, we didnt push the radfem Im With Her again, but we are still progressive!". That, and she has that unelectable wet paper bag charisma that my middleschool arts teacher had, so i dont see a way in which she gets first placing. (For context, my middle school arts teacher was a 70 year old catholic nun, no joke)

Idk, i am not hopeful that Trump wont get a second term for a host of factors (not least of which that he will get away with all his criminal behaviour), so id rather see Bernie get the nomination as a real alternative.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; January 28 2020 at 10:23:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Theres two options: He is more scared of Bernie than of Trump/Biden, so hes splitting the vote on purpose; or, to give him the benefit of the doubt, hes trying to push the overton window just by virtue of being there. Kinda like how Hillary had to pretend to move left when it was her vs Bernie, hoping that this happens in the other direction if hes there so that its a Biden/Warren ticket instead of Bernie/Warren.

I think Warren is a shoehorn in for vice either way, since its the first female democratic vice president and they can go say "see, we didnt push the radfem Im With Her again, but we are still progressive!". That, and she has that unelectable wet paper bag charisma that my middleschool arts teacher had, so i dont see a way in which she gets first placing.

Idk, i am not hopeful that Trump wont get a second term for a host of factors (not least of which that he will get away with all his criminal behaviour), so id rather see Bernie get the nomination as a real alternative.
    Bloomberg is in it to force a brokered convention and prevent Sanders from being the nominee. No other purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Theres two options: He is more scared of Bernie than of Trump/Biden, so hes splitting the vote on purpose; or, to give him the benefit of the doubt, hes trying to push the overton window just by virtue of being there. Kinda like how Hillary had to pretend to move left when it was her vs Bernie, hoping that this happens in the other direction if hes there so that its a Biden/Warren ticket instead of Bernie/Warren.

I think Warren is a shoehorn in for vice either way, since its the first female democratic vice president and they can go say "see, we didnt push the radfem Im With Her again, but we are still progressive!". That, and she has that unelectable wet paper bag charisma that my middleschool arts teacher had, so i dont see a way in which she gets first placing.

Bloomberg is in it to force a brokered convention and prevent Sanders from being the nominee. No other purpose.
    He's dumping a ridiculous amount of money into ads, but I think he's too egotistical to realize that he could help Sanders by splitting the centrist vote

I think that if Sanders gets up he'll need a vice that draws in both women and African americans. An issue I see with a Sanders/Warren ticket is a lack of African American participation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    I think that if Sanders gets up he'll need a vice that draws in both women and African americans. An issue I see with a Sanders/Warren ticket is a lack of African American participation.
    Can we stop perpetuating the myth that Sanders lacks support among people of color, or that people of color dislike progressive policy positions?

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/watch/pol...m_npd_ms_fb_ma

Anyone who’s spent any time on the ground working for Sanders knows that he’s plenty popular with people of all races and ethnicities. And he has more female supporters than male supporters (can’t find the stat right now but it’s about 55% female to 45% male).

Didn't realise it's a myth. Not following it closely enough to be up on all the toos and fros. My impression was that Biden had real draw with black voters.

Have you seen anything about participation though?

Reading into it, it seems to be a young / old split. So perhaps a better way of putting it is for Sanders to win the presidency he needs high youth voter participation and in places where he isn't just going to win harder.

The more I look at it, the more I feel that we're going to get 4 more years of Trump.