hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 338 of 425 FirstFirst ... 238288328335336337338339340341348388 ... LastLast
Results 6,741 to 6,760 of 8491

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

I'd rather Trump continue to insist it was no biggie. The alternative is war with Iran.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    I'd rather Trump continue to insist it was no biggie. The alternative is war with Iran.
    [Haliburtoning intensifies]

Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    So i heard Trump said none was hurt in the Iranian missile strike, in a "shocking" turn of events it is disclosed as not entirely correct.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...njury-pentagon
    Thirty-four US soldiers have been diagnosed with concussion or traumatic brain injury from an 8 January Iranian missile attack on their base in Iraq, the Pentagon has revealed.
    Michael Kaplen, the chair of the New York State Traumatic Brain Injury Services Coordinating Council and past president of the Brain Injury Association of New York State said that he was “shocked at the ignorant statement” made by Trump.

“To equate traumatic brain injuries as just a headache is insulting and disrespectful to the thousands of military service members suffering from the signature wound of the Iraq/Afghanistan conflict,” he said.

He added that the condition, also known as TBI, is a “life-altering” injury.
    This is just going back to old school. Everyone knows shell shock is just yellow-bellied cowardice and malingering.

Real heroes have bone spurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaikar View Post
    I totally expect him to claim that he served in the military in one way or another. IIRC he or his son claimed to have experienced sacrifice. It's not that much of an additional step.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post

TRAIN BY DAY JOE ROGAN PODCAST BY NIGHT, ALL DAY

Oh god.
    That face when a stoner meathead cage fighting commentator has a better platform for communicating ideas than the DNC and the major networks

He had Tulsi Gabbard on too
    https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...bernie-sanders

Popular podcaster and comedian Joe Rogan said that he will most likely vote for Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) in the upcoming Democratic presidential primary, saying the White House hopeful has been “insanely consistent his entire life.”

TRAIN BY DAY JOE ROGAN PODCAST BY NIGHT, ALL DAY

Oh god.
    That face when a stoner meathead cage fighting commentator has a better platform for communicating ideas than the DNC and the major networks

He had Tulsi Gabbard on too

Popular podcaster and comedian Joe Rogan said that he will most likely vote for Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) in the upcoming Democratic presidential primary, saying the White House hopeful has been “insanely consistent his entire life.”
    Bigots4bernie

Lel.

I’ve criticized Rogan plenty, but in this case his overlap/appeal to right-leaning audiences might actually be helpful.

Edit: oh Jesus Christ.

https://www.hrc.org/blog/hrc-preside...paign-response

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/24/polit...ent/index.html

The decision to highlight Rogan's support has divided opinion among Democrats and activists, particularly online, where it has sparked a heated debate over whether Sanders should have aligned himself with Rogan in any form or context.
    Sanders' strategic targeting of young, unaffiliated and working class voters often takes him to places, and onto platforms -- like Twitch -- that most Democratic candidates rarely venture. But that practice, when it brings a figure like Rogan into the political spotlight, also carries the risk of alienating parts of a liberal base that, especially in the Trump era, has become increasingly cautious about the company it keeps -- and what that signals to marginalized communities.
    Last edited by Lachesis VII; January 25 2020 at 03:12:42 AM.

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaikar View Post
    I totally expect him to claim that he served in the military in one way or another. IIRC he or his son claimed to have experienced sacrifice. It's not that much of an additional step.

Tapapapatalk
    his son, at Arlington cemetary of all places;

In his new book Triggered: How the Left Thrives on Hate and Wants to Silence Us, Mr Trump Jr describes visiting the US war cemetery where 400,000 ex-soldiers lie outside of Washington DC on the eve of his father's inauguration.

His moment of reflection came as the president-elect laid a wreath on the Tomb of the Unknowns.

"As we drove past the rows of white grave markers, in the gravity of the moment, I had a deep sense of the importance of the presidency and a love of our country, " wrote Mr Trump Jr, 41.

"In that moment, I also thought of all the attacks we'd already suffered as a family, and about all the sacrifices we'd have to make to help my father succeed - voluntarily giving up a huge chunk of our business and all international deals to avoid the appearance that we were 'profiting off of the office.'"

He later adds: "Frankly, it was a big sacrifice, costing us millions and millions of dollars annually. Of course, we didn't get any credit whatsoever from the mainstream media, which now does not surprise me at all."
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-50338236

Lel.

I’ve criticized Rogan plenty, but in this case his overlap/appeal to right-leaning audiences might actually be helpful.

The decision to highlight Rogan's support has divided opinion among Democrats and activists, particularly online, where it has sparked a heated debate over whether Sanders should have aligned himself with Rogan in any form or context.
    Sanders' strategic targeting of young, unaffiliated and working class voters often takes him to places, and onto platforms -- like Twitch -- that most Democratic candidates rarely venture. But that practice, when it brings a figure like Rogan into the political spotlight, also carries the risk of alienating parts of a liberal base that, especially in the Trump era, has become increasingly cautious about the company it keeps -- and what that signals to marginalized communities.
    Well what did you expect from corporate attack dog CNN? Or the HRC who doesn't care how many feudal billionaire lordships there are as long as LGBTQ people get their chance at the reins of power?

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post

Bigots4bernie
    Hes pretty left if you pay attention. The only incorrect thought he has is that trans people born as biological males should not be allowed in women's sports.

Bigots4bernie
    Hes pretty left if you pay attention. The only incorrect thought he has is that trans people born as biological males should not be allowed in women's sports.
    That's not exactly an uncommon nor irrational position to take.

Bigots4bernie
    This is bait

MI8m8

Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post

Bigots4bernie
    This is bait

MI8m8
    I don't troll, or I'm too stupid to not know the difference.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...d&cmpId=google

Senator Bernie Sanders has jumped to the lead in Iowa over Pete Buttigieg and Joe Biden, while support for Elizabeth Warren has slipped, according to a New York Times/Siena poll released on Saturday.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Amy polling at 8%? That's...not terrible. It will probably rise to ~10% after the first caucuses.

That said, she has spent a lot of time in Iowa, so I expected more.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Amy polling at 8%? That's...not terrible. It will probably rise to ~10% after the first caucuses.

Why do you expect her polling numbers to rise after her first loss?
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar

Other people will lose more and drop out, I guess. Worked for Cheeto.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

Process of elimination. She’s aiming to be the last centrist standing by simply not conceding.

Lel.

What a bunch of fucking morons. HRC = Hillary Rodham Clinton?
    meh