hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Division 2 : ALL ABOARD THE LIVE SERVICES FAILTRAIN!

The Division 2 : ALL ABOARD THE LIVE SERVICES FAILTRAIN!

so it's releasing today, but not on steam because Epic decided to bring the console cancer to PC

reviews don't look too awful and it looks like they learned a lot from the Division.

so, anybody dived in yet ? i haven't despite hundreds of hours in the last one because fuck launches of games like this, better wait a few days.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

got it free with my gpu along with dmc5 and resi remake, but ive not actually played it yet (or any of the others)

Worth a bash after a week of patches maybe?
    never played the old one

11h in, level 20, solid so far.

If you like Div1 you will really like this one I think.

Will report back from endgame because that is what really counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    got it free with my gpu along with dmc5 and resi remake, but ive not actually played it yet (or any of the others)

never played the old one
    well, if you don't want it i would not mind taking your code...

its a cover-shooter-loot-skinner-box, but the gameplay system is quite well designed and the loop is fun if you like the sort of thing.

the story elements where a complete mindfuck, you had silly side missions that where not silly, you had a "HUFF BLUFF SERIOUS SHIT!" main questline that petered out into nothing and so forth.

but the game was fun, for me anyway.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilabi View Post
    11h in, level 20, solid so far.

If you like Div1 you will really like this one I think.

Will report back from endgame because that is what really counts.

It's a piece of shit with a horrible story and boring ass gameplay.

So nothing has changed from the first.

No, something has. I lasted for about half a mission in the open beta only, while i did a couple in division 1. Never been so bored with a game in my life.

Anthem was genuinely about a metric fuckton more entertaining than this clinical slow utterly devoid of any creativity by the numbers shitnugget.

It's actually been a while since a game has made me genuinely pissed off, and this has successfully achieved that.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post

No, something has. I lasted for about half a mission in the open beta only, while i did a couple in division 1. Never been so bored with a game in my life.

Anthem was genuinely about a metric fuckton more entertaining than this clinical slow utterly devoid of any creativity by the numbers shitnugget.

It's actually been a while since a game has made me genuinely pissed off, and this has successfully achieved that.
    ah, so it's a 9.5/10, gotcha.
    Viking, n.:

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post

Oh Issy, never change.

never played the old one

its a cover-shooter-loot-skinner-box, but the gameplay system is quite well designed and the loop is fun if you like the sort of thing.

the story elements where a complete mindfuck, you had silly side missions that where not silly, you had a "HUFF BLUFF SERIOUS SHIT!" main questline that petered out into nothing and so forth.

Id pass it over but its amd rewards so tied to my amd rewards redeeming account or some absolte awful shit. im never gonna play resident evil for example

Christ.

never played the old one

Id pass it over but its amd rewards so tied to my amd rewards redeeming account or some absolte awful shit. im never gonna play resident evil for example
    no worries Duck, it's fine.

i am still trying to work out what is the least shitty way to actually pick up this title, on one hand the epic store is pure fucking cancer, on the other hand the ubi store is like 10% more expensive for some asinine reason and then there's the backing infrastructure the shit is going to run on, ubi's servers are shit, but usually up and nobody knows how long Epic's storefront is actually going to exist if it flops versus steam.

it's two nasty shit sandwiches and neither of them has bacon mixed in.
    Viking, n.:

Quote Originally Posted by Izo Azlion View Post
    Christ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    Oh Issy, never change.

What? Am I not allowed to dislike a game? Fucking hell y'all lose your shit over every second game coming out and call it the worst thing ever over and over and over and keep posting endless videos how things are shit. Get genuinely angry when people are enjoying games and yell at them, complain how friends playing them are idiots etc.

But Oh no awful isyel doesn't like a game let's collectively REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Just fuck you. Genuinely.

I mean, if you got it for free give it a go. You might well like it, plenty of people do.
    Last edited by Isyel; March 15 2019 at 08:42:50 PM.

we love you too buddy.
    Viking, n.:

okay, the new rifle category is basically the best thing added so far, please tell me there's a Semi auto M16 in here.
    Viking, n.:

M8, I just liked your over the top angry rant.

And then you managed to best that just a few posts down. Just loving it man.

okay, the new rifle category is basically the best thing added so far, please tell me there's a Semi auto M16 in here.
    M16A2 burst but it is pretty bad. Lightweight M4 is in as semi iirc.

Is it more fun than D1 Kilabi? still playing with Scratch etc?

not a fan of the front hand guard on that one, but if it's semi auto that's good enough for me.

burst fire was never not bad, both in the game, and in real life, i hope they haven't made too many guns burst fire because the M16A2 is a dissapointment and half tbh, a grey Mk.17 two levels lower is flat out better in every way that matters.

edit : dodge rolling has i-frames in it, that's new.
    Last edited by Liare; March 16 2019 at 01:15:35 PM.
    Viking, n.:

Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    Is it more fun than D1 Kilabi? still playing with Scratch etc?
    Yes and yes.

Worth it so far. Hitting 30 in around 1h I guess.

Think the M16 is the only burst fire i used so far. But only Rifles I tried were a Mk17 and the M1 so canīt say for sure.

there's a proper design derp in the game i noticed, the side missions are quite well fleshed out and well made, some of them being on par or better than story missions.

but only the story stuff is replayable.
    Viking, n.: