hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Pasta

  1. #1
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    18,311

    Pasta

    Gimme some tips to stop cooked pasta sticking together when stored after cooking please.

    I tried rinsing the pasta and then mixing in a bit of oil but not much luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  2. #2
    NoirAvlaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, laaaa
    Posts
    5,045
    Stop cooking it so much. Buy nicer pasta.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    18,311
    It doesn't seem to make a different if I cook it al dente tbh.

    Does different pasta make a difference? I just buy cheap lidl shit because carbs are carbs who gives a shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  4. #4
    NoirAvlaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, laaaa
    Posts
    5,045
    Yeah good pasta is much better to cook with, I only found this out when my Italian friend cooked pasta and it was amazing.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

  5. #5

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    12,184
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    It doesn't seem to make a different if I cook it al dente tbh.

    Does different pasta make a difference? I just buy cheap lidl shit because carbs are carbs who gives a shit.
    Ugh. No love for proper food, depressing. Get some proper shit. This so far is like the most LOLUK thread I've seen in a while. :P

    Better pasta does a lot to both the flavor and the mouth feel of it.

    And it doesn't stick together nearly as much when stored.
    Last edited by Isyel; March 19 2019 at 07:23:17 PM.

  6. #6
    FatFreddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    14,557
    Defining cultural superiority via how sticky your cooked pasta gets in the fridge

    never change you al dente-brained bastard
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

    M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

  7. #7

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    12,184
    Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddy View Post
    Defining cultural superiority via how sticky your cooked pasta gets in the fridge

    never change you al dente-brained bastard
    Yes this is the core of the issue.

    Who are you exactly to make this comment you judgy turbo nerd tho. :P
    Last edited by Isyel; March 20 2019 at 10:16:08 AM.

  8. #8
    Donor
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    16,599
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Gimme some tips to stop cooked pasta sticking together when stored after cooking please.

    I tried rinsing the pasta and then mixing in a bit of oil but not much luck.
    Let cool to room temperature and toss with olive oil. If that doesn't work you're over cooking it shave a minute off until you see proper results.

  9. #9
    Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Posts
    16,953
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Gimme some tips to stop cooked pasta sticking together when stored after cooking please.

    I tried rinsing the pasta and then mixing in a bit of oil but not much luck.
    Let cool to room temperature and toss with olive oil. If that doesn't work you're over cooking it shave a minute off until you see proper results.
    your username sounds like a pasta
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    anything soviet is of evil

  10. #10
    Donor
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    16,599
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Gimme some tips to stop cooked pasta sticking together when stored after cooking please.

    I tried rinsing the pasta and then mixing in a bit of oil but not much luck.
    Let cool to room temperature and toss with olive oil. If that doesn't work you're over cooking it shave a minute off until you see proper results.
    your username sounds like a pasta
    Which makes me the expert by default.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Hollandistan
    Posts
    7,123
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    Yeah good pasta is much better to cook with, I only found this out when my Italian friend cooked pasta and it was amazing.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Good pasta actually made with eggs that needs to be kept cooled, before preparation, and not have a shelf life untill 2052 makes a huge difference.
    Schopenhauer:

    All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

  12. #12
    Duckslayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 23, 2017
    Posts
    1,403
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Gimme some tips to stop cooked pasta sticking together when stored after cooking please.

    I tried rinsing the pasta and then mixing in a bit of oil but not much luck.
    Dry pasta has no egg white in it, and becomes much stickier. Get some fresh pasta. Its immense, and cooks in about 1/5th the time of dry duram wheat only pasta.

    Fuck the haters.

  13. #13

  14. #14
    NoirAvlaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, laaaa
    Posts
    5,045
    I made pasta the other day. Would recommend.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    SteeleResolve's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    AKA Pubbie McLemming
    Posts
    3,404
    Copy









































    Pasta

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •