hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them

Thread: Has anyone gone for a wisdom tooth removal?

Has anyone gone for a wisdom tooth removal?

Guys have anyone gone for a wisdom tooth removal, i 'm thinking of getting it but quite afraid.

I had all of mine out, when I was 18, under general anesthetic. Was sore for a week or so - no problem.

Wouldn't fancy someone pulling them out while I was conscious - if that's a thing.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Well, why doesn't OP ask the dentist in his homepage?
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Well, why doesn't OP ask the dentist in his homepage?
    Dude other then the dentist response , the people response also matters.

I had a wisdom tooth removed once. Wasn't impacted, just really tight against the back of my mouth so it had decayed somewhat (couldn't get the old brush all the way round the back). It was a rather simple extraction. Dentist numbed my mouth and set about pulling it. She remarked that it was rather tight so I glanced over and she was bracing her foot on the side of the chair for leverage. She got the bugger out though.

Prepare thyself for blood oozing, OP. For hours and hours.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    I had a wisdom tooth removed once. Wasn't impacted, just really tight against the back of my mouth so it had decayed somewhat (couldn't get the old brush all the way round the back). It was a rather simple extraction. Dentist numbed my mouth and set about pulling it. She remarked that it was rather tight so I glanced over and she was bracing her foot on the side of the chair for leverage. She got the bugger out though.
    About the same for me on 2. That cracking sound tho....send pleasant shivers down my spine...yeh pleasant.
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Movember '11 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 sarabando's Avatar
    id not bother with it unless they are giving you trouble, which mine gave me so buckle up and enjoy the ride.

SO i was about 24 and my jaw had been aching for about three weeks until one day i wake up in agony. My wisdom teeth had erupted with the lower one tearing open my lower left gum like a cunt. The glorious NHS took one look at me and said they need to come out and referred me to a second dentist for an assessment which takes THREE FUCKING MONTHS!. Because i have dental anxiety i can't have any work done while awake ( i nearly took my dentists finger off last time i had an extraction) so this guy refers me to a private hospital in basingstoke who have a spot for me in days. Heres where it gets good, i go in i get ready im nervous AF as ive never had any surgery in my life at all or ever been under an anesthetic. The DR is great he friendly and reassuring all the nurses get all dreamy eyed when they mention him, 10/10 would do a cocaine fueled evening of debachery with. So now im relaxed and i get wheeled in to the theater and dosed up with drugs and slip into the arms of oblivion.
    Next thing i know im concious, like my eyes are closed its dark but i know im awake. then i hear a nurse scream "doctor hes awake!" then the pain hit me and i apparently started thrashing around on the table. This GOAT MFer grabs the drugs and hits me with a horse sized dose of fuck off juice and im down for the count sleeping for nearly 72 hours.

TLDR Fatties need more drugs before surgery and the NHS sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by sarabando View Post
    id not bother with it unless they are giving you trouble, which mine gave me so buckle up and enjoy the ride.

SO i was about 24 and my jaw had been aching for about three weeks until one day i wake up in agony. My wisdom teeth had erupted with the lower one tearing open my lower left gum like a cunt. The glorious NHS took one look at me and said they need to come out and referred me to a second dentist for an assessment which takes THREE FUCKING MONTHS!. Because i have dental anxiety i can't have any work done while awake ( i nearly took my dentists finger off last time i had an extraction) so this guy refers me to a private hospital in basingstoke who have a spot for me in days. Heres where it gets good, i go in i get ready im nervous AF as ive never had any surgery in my life at all or ever been under an anesthetic. The DR is great he friendly and reassuring all the nurses get all dreamy eyed when they mention him, 10/10 would do a cocaine fueled evening of debachery with. So now im relaxed and i get wheeled in to the theater and dosed up with drugs and slip into the arms of oblivion.
    Next thing i know im concious, like my eyes are closed its dark but i know im awake. then i hear a nurse scream "doctor hes awake!" then the pain hit me and i apparently started thrashing around on the table. This GOAT MFer grabs the drugs and hits me with a horse sized dose of fuck off juice and im down for the count sleeping for nearly 72 hours.

TLDR Fatties need more drugs before surgery and the NHS sucks.
    Horrifying

I just knew bando was going to turn up in this thread with a horrific story about surgery.

You're like a lightening rod for medical mishaps
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Movember '11 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 sarabando's Avatar

Had mine removed a few years ago. Totally painless, I was under anesthetic the whole time so I have a gap in my memory from being in the chair until I woke up stumbling to the car with my brother to drive me home. Never had much pain or bleeding, filled the prescription but my meds are still sitting in the cabinet unused and probably expired by now. Most annoying thing was using the little syringe to clean out the spaces where your teeth were until they filled in a few weeks later.

I kept my teeth and made earrings out of the two best looking ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaztick View Post
    I kept my teeth and made earrings out of the two best looking ones.
    metal af

Got three of mine removed last year at 31. They gave me some excellent pills to take that made me loopy as a motherfucker, Halycon I think? I vaguely remember the whole thing but was so out of my mind that I didn't care about what was going on. At some point after the operation they left me alone in the room with my teeth. I got bored, picked them up and started trolling around their office showing them to everyone while drooling blood all over the floor. They got me out of there pretty quick.

Overall not the worst experience I've had at a dentist, that award goes to having teeth pulled as a child.