hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Meetup] MAKS 2019

[Meetup] MAKS 2019

A couple of comrades expressed their interest so here it goes.

MAKS 2019 will take place from 27th august (tues) to 1st september (sun). Couple of first days probably gonna be press ones but it's not like there are no beers/parks/museums in moskau or something.
    I can tidy up my flat to lodge from 2 to 8 people, depending on your tolerance of bedrolls on carpets and sharing beds

Alternatively/additionally i will be at my banging summer retreat in seliger pine woods on 23-25 aug and that is also a part of russian™ culture® i could share.

So, fixed events so far:
    23 afternoon - transfer to camp alcohol
    hilarity
    26 morning - my glorious return to moskau
    27 tula in general and state museum of weapons in particular (2 hours away on a train, should b ez)
    28 tour de moscou (more museums with less weapons)
    29 MAKS
    30 Kubinka and/or Alabino (tanks!)
    31 BBQ in Izmailovsky park

googledicks arrival schedule

Buxwise the biggest expense will be actually traveling and maks/kubinka tickets (each around 20), rest is extremely scalable.
    23-26 leg is 70$ for lodging, meals and transportation, (fancy) alcohols extra. Goodo beer is 5 dollas in moscow restaurants.
    Last edited by RazoR; March 21 2019 at 07:11:10 PM.

lol

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    I would love to go to Moscow tbh. But how are the process acquiring visa these days? Last time I went to Russia it was a ballache

Fancomicidolkostümier- ungsspielgruppenzusammenkunft
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    I would love to go to Moscow tbh. But how are the process acquiring visa these days? Last time I went to Russia it was a ballache
      Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    But islamism IS a product of class warfare. Rich white countries come into developing brown dictatorships, wreck the leadership, infrastructure and economy and then act all surprised that religious fanaticism is on the rise.
    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    walrus isnt a bad poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    also i like walrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    Yer a hoot

Banned
    I wish I could go!!! MAKS is on my bucket list
    https://i.imgur.com/Rvz5b6l.gif
    Careful not head hit on rock!
    laughs in Slovenian
    http://i.imgur.com/FCT2R1h.png

Read as MARS 2019...

I will look into the logistics of it.

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    This is a real concern

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    The dude that's depicted (Frode Berg) received classified documents about the Russian navy, that he paid for by funds from the Norwegian intelligence service. It's pretty much in the open that Berg was recruited for espionage. What's unclear is how aware he was of the tremendous risks involved. He claims he was just given the money and told to meet a guy, pay the money and get some documents. It reeks of incompetence, so it wouldn't come as a surprise to me that he's telling the truth. Either way it's a huge embarrassment and a broken clock is still right twice a day.

edit: More people have come fourth in public with stories of the intelligence services trying to recruit them. FSB knowing about this off course, it has resulted in some very uncomfortable interviews when they went back to Russia + travel bans.
    Last edited by helgur; February 1 2019 at 03:43:49 AM.

P.S.: Buxwise the biggest expense will be actually travelling and maks tickets, rest is extremely scalable.
    Is there a website offering tickets for the 2019 event, the official site points me to sites where I can attend MAKS from anywhere between 2013 and 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post

P.S.: Buxwise the biggest expense will be actually travelling and maks tickets, rest is extremely scalable.
    Is there a website offering tickets for the 2019 event, the official site points me to sites where I can attend MAKS from anywhere between 2013 and 2016
    So my mate is going to ask a mate about the price but they wont run out of tickets if you worry about that.

21 aug to 1sep flights from manchester to moskow. £240. notbad Tempting. Always wanted to see the motherland

Movember '11 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 sarabando's Avatar
    i have just started writing a book set in Moscow, its a sign. Man i am really fucking tempted.

Quote Originally Posted by sarabando View Post
    i have just started writing a book set in Moscow, its a sign. Man i am really fucking tempted.
    It is the 2nd Millennium. To be a man in such times is to be one amongst untold millions. It is to live in the cruelest and most bloody regime imaginable. These are the tales of those times. Forget the power of technology and science, for so much has been forgotten, never to be re-learned. Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for in the grim dark future there is only Rossiya.

Russia even has fucking tech priests

Life has been hard indeed before 2000.

Shut up I just realized

Banned
    I'm changing my status to: maybe
    https://i.imgur.com/Rvz5b6l.gif
    Careful not head hit on rock!
    laughs in Slovenian
    http://i.imgur.com/FCT2R1h.png

Will see if I can get cover and check if I'm allowed on Monday.

Pro: at least it's not hamburg
    Contra: it's russia

thinking.png

Movember '11 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 sarabando's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparq View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sarabando View Post
    It is the 2nd Millennium. To be a man in such times is to be one amongst untold millions. It is to live in the cruelest and most bloody regime imaginable. These are the tales of those times. Forget the power of technology and science, for so much has been forgotten, never to be re-learned. Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for in the grim dark future there is only Rossiya.
    its really bad as my 30k White scars are space slavs XD