hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Metro: Exodus (from Steam)

Bleh

Don't any of you have mobile fridges???

Quote Originally Posted by Badboy K View Post
    The fact is Epic will sell Metro game cheaper then Steam would. Customer wins

Another fact is Developers get more from Epic then from Steam. Developer wins

i mean it's a win-win situation for customers and developers, why so much hate for the trouble of installing yet another 39Mb game launcher?

i understand the community issue, but TBFH my gaming community is all on Discord since 2 years anyway.
    The Epic Store is an epic clusterfuck that makes it especially difficult to get refunds. You can't find anything there, have you seen how it looks? Zero ergonomics. No user reviews. Fks sake, wake up.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

it gets better Cosmin

there is no search functionality in the store.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post

i mean it's a win-win situation for customers and developers, why so much hate for the trouble of installing yet another 39Mb game launcher?

i understand the community issue, but TBFH my gaming community is all on Discord since 2 years anyway.
    The Epic Store is an epic clusterfuck that makes it especially difficult to get refunds. You can't find anything there, have you seen how it looks? Zero ergonomics. No user reviews. Fks sake, wake up.
    Have you ever dealt with Steam customer support?

https://www.pcgamer.com/valve-admits...working-on-it/

https://www.polygon.com/2018/10/19/1...ricing-reviews
    NcDot

Also, Exodus is NOT cheaper on Epic Store, compared to Steam, if you're in the EU.. It's 60/85€ on both platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamse View Post
    Also, Exodus is NOT cheaper on Epic Store, compared to Steam, if you're in the EU.. It's 60/85€ on both platforms.
    I think the issue here is that Steam demands 30% while epic takes 15% (or something around that number, might have been 13%)

phpBB : Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database

Quote Originally Posted by Armyofme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamse View Post
    I think the issue here is that Steam demands 30% while epic takes 15% (or something around that number, might have been 13%)
    But that still doesn't make it cheaper for the consumer? I've heard it was 10$ cheaper on Epic, compared to Steam, but that was only in the US for some weird reasoning, it would seem :S

Quote Originally Posted by Shaikar View Post
    Don't any of you have mobile fridges???
    we call them smartphones beer coolers

For a short time ...

Imagine the Epic store takes over Steam's position, do you actually believe in this day and age savings are still passed down to the consumers?

Nope. The publisher wins. Just because the publisher gets a bigger cut from Epic doesn't mean he passes it down to the developer.

It's not one game launcher. It's mutliples of them: UPlay, Origin, Epic, GOG etc. And everyone looking for cutting out the middleman, we'll likely see more of them than fewer. Which in turn means we'll likely see more shutting down again. Depending on the fact if and how those store also act as a DRM, you'll lose access to your game.

Also - and I'm not using one single feature of it, but just recollect what others mentioned elsewhere, Steam currently provides so much more than "just" a store:
    - Big picture
    - Linux client
    - VR

In all honesty: to me it feels like the times when consumers benefited from competition seem to long gone. These days, investors and corporations benefit from it.

I couldn't care less about me using Steam or Epic or Origin or UPlay. But I do very much care about having it all in ONE place.

Now consider that yesterday news popped up that Apple wants to offer a similar service, given it having a bit of success, I'm sure the Amazons and Googles will follow suit, adding even more stores.
    Last edited by Hel OWeen; January 31 2019 at 10:22:10 AM.

If a publisher doesnt want to use Steams integration, for whatever bening or nefarious purpose, then they can do that. The 30% for Steam buys much more than just a spot on the marketplace, and that alone is a massive advantage due to the userbase.

Dont like it, dont buy it. Now, if the launchers tried to snipe each other, or corrupt your system for analytics purposes, that would be a reason to get your pitchfork.

Personally, i trust Steam, most prominently because Valve isnt publicly traded and has a history of consumer relations that is, at the very least, acceptable.

Apparently the Metro Exodus devs/publisher didn't pay attention to what happened to Battlefield V after EA called gamers uneducated and toxic.

Question is - have you dealt with it? Because I've had no problems, ever. And besides those articles, I'm p. sure the general consensus is that they're not terrible at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    it gets better Cosmin

there is no search functionality in the store.

Apparently the Metro Exodus devs/publisher didn't pay attention to what happened to Battlefield V after EA called gamers uneducated and toxic.
    What, they proved exactly that that there is a bunch of complete idiots in the community right as they said?

Especially the BFV thing is proof of nothing beyond a shitton of gamers being reactionary retarded fucksticks.
    Last edited by Isyel; January 31 2019 at 05:11:20 PM.

Look at you dumb nerds

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    What, they proved exactly that that there is a bunch of complete idiots in the community right as they said?

Especially the BFV thing is proof of nothing beyond a shitton of gamers being reactionary retarded fucksticks.
    Dude. EA said "if you don't like this, then don't buy it". I suppose all those people who didn't buy it (sales were like below 60% of the BF1 ones) are retarded fucksticks? Fair enough, enjoy your balanced approach to game companies fuckery. I suppose you're interested in a 10 dollar red dot? It's available in COD BO IV, hurry before they run out.

Most users on steam have 2 games so big deal games hopping over to the epic store are a big deal since most people will have tried fortnite or one of the free games by this point.

To reiterate one the below point I made ...

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    For a short time ...

Imagine the Epic store takes over Steam's position, do you actually believe in this day and age savings are still passed down to the consumers?
    Passing the savings on

Somewhat more surprising is the fact that Metro Exodus is the first game to effectively pass on the savings from Epic's favorable revenue-sharing terms to the consumer. As of this writing, the rest of the limited selection of games available on both the Epic Games Store and Steam all list the same developer-set price on both platforms (save those that Epic temporarily offers for free on a rotating basis).

(Emphasis mine)

Source: https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/...s-games-store/

Now, this might set a new standard, but as of now, publisher were more than happy to keep the savings for themselves and not passing it down to the consumer.

Again, what savings? Granted, I used a cached view of Exodus on Steam, but since $ = € anyways, I don't see any savings in my Epic Store..?

Spoiler:

Just wondering if Americans are the only consumers they regard, cause I'm certainly not seeing any reason to go with Epic instead of Steam (Where I already have 95% of my +200 games)

Quote Originally Posted by morpheps View Post
    Fucks sake. I want my games in one location, not 20..

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    You (Isyel) are at the ranking top of all the other users in here that consistently just dishes out insults without any other content. You had it coming. Take it like a man and grow up.
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Just in case this isn't clear by now (and it really shouldn't be necessary to point out, you're all grownups) saying that people should be killed because of their political or religious convictions IS NOT FUCKING OK. Tempban handed out in the movie thread. Apply a minimum of self control ffs