hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 49

Thread: Metro: Exodus (from Steam)

  1. #1
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    30,922

    Metro: Exodus (from Steam)

    not sure if corporate malfeasance material

    So, Deep Silver is leaving Steam for Epic with it's biggest booty.
    Meanwhile people are scrambling to preorder it on steam.

    https://www.pcgamer.com/metro-exodus...l-be-honoured/


    Last edited by RazoR; January 29 2019 at 08:03:36 AM.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    December 15, 2011
    Location
    The Establishment
    Posts
    1,459
    Fucks sake. I want my games in one location, not 20..

  3. #3
    Bamse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 18, 2012
    Location
    Vikingcountry of Denmark
    Posts
    410
    Don't worry, you'll only have to wait a full fucking year!

  4. #4
    Armag3ddon's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,215
    Oh wow there's a game I won't be touching until it's heavily discounted and on steam......

  5. #5
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    30,922
    watched 15 minutes of the video:

    another finely crafted and tuned single-player experience, now with railroaded cars!
    Last edited by RazoR; January 29 2019 at 01:08:03 PM.

  6. #6
    Movember '11 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 sarabando's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Basingstoke England
    Posts
    2,741
    yeah no steam no sale sorry i have 388 games to play already its not like ive got nothing else to play first.

  7. #7
    Badboy K's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    1,505
    So do you guys that are bitching about wanting to have all games in one place also buy your food and other stuff at one store?

    I mean i don't care where the game , i do care how much it costs though
    NcDot

  8. #8
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    30,922
    Quote Originally Posted by Badboy K View Post
    So do you guys that are bitching about wanting to have all games in one place also buy your food and other stuff at one store?
    Games are games, food is food. If you are going to invent a strawman out of food and, say, PC parts i will answer with "can you buy games and movies from a single source"?

    All these other stores do not provide a fraction of the steam's services. User reviews, forums, groups, workshop, broadcasting, online libraries? Origin has been around for a decade and it's still a little more than an advertising tool so excuse me if i snort at the notion that Epic one is created for convenience of customers and developers as they immediately slap denuvo onto the only SP AAA title they just got.
    Last edited by RazoR; January 30 2019 at 10:46:33 AM.

  9. #9
    Badboy K's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    1,505
    The fact is Epic will sell Metro game cheaper then Steam would. Customer wins

    Another fact is Developers get more from Epic then from Steam. Developer wins

    i mean it's a win-win situation for customers and developers, why so much hate for the trouble of installing yet another 39Mb game launcher?

    i understand the community issue, but TBFH my gaming community is all on Discord since 2 years anyway.
    NcDot

  10. #10

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Embracing Mediocrity
    Posts
    2,860
    With so many options for games today, platform exclusivity for a handful titles isn't enough for me to bother signing up for another store/launcher. 95% of what I want to play is on Steam or GOG, sales are frequent enough, and I don't play too many multiplayer games so I'm not missing out if I wait a few years for the prices to go down.

    If the C&C remakes are actually good, or they remaster the Mass Effect series so I can finally play it, I might care enough to sign up for Origin.
    Last edited by Boltorano; January 30 2019 at 11:52:01 AM.

  11. #11
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    30,922
    Quote Originally Posted by Boltorano View Post
    remaster the Mass Effect series so I can finally play it
    ?

  12. #12

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    12,267
    Quote Originally Posted by Boltorano View Post
    With so many options for games today, platform exclusivity for a handful titles isn't enough for me to bother signing up for another store/launcher. 95% of what I want to play is on Steam or GOG, sales are frequent enough, and I don't play too many multiplayer games so I'm not missing out if I wait a few years for the prices to go down.

    If the C&C remakes are actually good, or they remaster the Mass Effect series so I can finally play it, I might care enough to sign up for Origin.
    Acting as if it's some sort of effort.

    LMAO.

    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Badboy K View Post
    So do you guys that are bitching about wanting to have all games in one place also buy your food and other stuff at one store?
    Games are games, food is food. If you are going to invent a strawman out of food and, say, PC parts i will answer with "can you buy games and movies from a single source"?

    All these other stores do not provide a fraction of the steam's services. User reviews, forums, groups, workshop, broadcasting, online libraries? Origin has been around for a decade and it's still a little more than an advertising tool so excuse me if i snort at the notion that Epic one is created for convenience of customers and developers as they immediately slap denuvo onto the only SP AAA title they just got.
    STFU you pirate most of your shit anyway.

  13. #13
    Skeptic's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 7, 2011
    Posts
    534
    Single player eh, does it being based in Russia make it more or less acceptable to fuck the stores off and get it via a Russian repack site?

  14. #14

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Embracing Mediocrity
    Posts
    2,860
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Boltorano View Post
    remaster the Mass Effect series so I can finally play it
    ?
    It's a 12 year old series, loved by enough people that I see references to it online almost every day. I just never got around to it when it was new, and 3 isn't available on Steam. Odds are good that it will be remastered sometime in the near future so I might as well wait.

  15. #15
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    30,922
    Quote Originally Posted by Boltorano View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Boltorano View Post
    remaster the Mass Effect series so I can finally play it
    ?
    It's a 12 year old series, loved by enough people that I see references to it online almost every day. I just never got around to it when it was new, and 3 isn't available on Steam. Odds are good that it will be remastered sometime in the near future so I might as well wait.
    It holds up pretty well, you can even slap on some facelift mods. I don't expect it to get remastered until EA implodes.

  16. #16

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Embracing Mediocrity
    Posts
    2,860
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Acting as if it's some sort of effort.

    LMAO.
    It isn't, actually. But a small amount of inconvenience can dissuade people from doing a lot of things.

    I've had my payment details stolen and email accounts ruined by a tsunami of spam. Every online marketplace you sign up for is another opportunity for that to happen again. My bank has never been difficult about fraudulent charges and I could just make a different email account for everything, but playing any particular game or saving a few bucks here and there is rarely enough motivation for me.

  17. #17

    Join Date
    December 15, 2011
    Location
    The Establishment
    Posts
    1,459
    Quote Originally Posted by Badboy K View Post
    So do you guys that are bitching about wanting to have all games in one place also buy your food and other stuff at one store?

    I mean i don't care where the game , i do care how much it costs though
    No, but when Iíve bought my food I store it in one fridge, not five different proprietary fridges that only accepts food bought in one store.

  18. #18
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    30,922
    Fridge is your hard drive, m8.

  19. #19

    Join Date
    December 15, 2011
    Location
    The Establishment
    Posts
    1,459
    Ok, five different proprietary doors leading into my fridge..

  20. #20
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    30,922
    Quote Originally Posted by morpheps View Post
    Ok, five different proprietary doors leading into my fridge..
    well you have a freezer with it's own drawers, don't you?

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •