hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Metro: Exodus (from Steam)

Metro: Exodus (from Steam)

not sure if corporate malfeasance material

So, Deep Silver is leaving Steam for Epic with it's biggest booty.
    Meanwhile people are scrambling to preorder it on steam.

https://www.pcgamer.com/metro-exodus...l-be-honoured/

Last edited by RazoR; January 29 2019 at 08:03:36 AM.

Fucks sake. I want my games in one location, not 20..

Don't worry, you'll only have to wait a full fucking year!

Oh wow there's a game I won't be touching until it's heavily discounted and on steam......

watched 15 minutes of the video:

another finely crafted and tuned single-player experience, now with railroaded cars!
    Last edited by RazoR; January 29 2019 at 01:08:03 PM.

Movember '11 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 sarabando's Avatar
    yeah no steam no sale sorry i have 388 games to play already its not like ive got nothing else to play first.

So do you guys that are bitching about wanting to have all games in one place also buy your food and other stuff at one store?

I mean i don't care where the game , i do care how much it costs though
    NcDot

Quote Originally Posted by Badboy K View Post
    So do you guys that are bitching about wanting to have all games in one place also buy your food and other stuff at one store?
    Games are games, food is food. If you are going to invent a strawman out of food and, say, PC parts i will answer with "can you buy games and movies from a single source"?

All these other stores do not provide a fraction of the steam's services. User reviews, forums, groups, workshop, broadcasting, online libraries? Origin has been around for a decade and it's still a little more than an advertising tool so excuse me if i snort at the notion that Epic one is created for convenience of customers and developers as they immediately slap denuvo onto the only SP AAA title they just got.
    Last edited by RazoR; January 30 2019 at 10:46:33 AM.

The fact is Epic will sell Metro game cheaper then Steam would. Customer wins

Another fact is Developers get more from Epic then from Steam. Developer wins

i mean it's a win-win situation for customers and developers, why so much hate for the trouble of installing yet another 39Mb game launcher?

i understand the community issue, but TBFH my gaming community is all on Discord since 2 years anyway.
    NcDot

With so many options for games today, platform exclusivity for a handful titles isn't enough for me to bother signing up for another store/launcher. 95% of what I want to play is on Steam or GOG, sales are frequent enough, and I don't play too many multiplayer games so I'm not missing out if I wait a few years for the prices to go down.

If the C&C remakes are actually good, or they remaster the Mass Effect series so I can finally play it, I might care enough to sign up for Origin.
    Last edited by Boltorano; January 30 2019 at 11:52:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boltorano View Post
    remaster the Mass Effect series so I can finally play it
    ?

With so many options for games today, platform exclusivity for a handful titles isn't enough for me to bother signing up for another store/launcher. 95% of what I want to play is on Steam or GOG, sales are frequent enough, and I don't play too many multiplayer games so I'm not missing out if I wait a few years for the prices to go down.

If the C&C remakes are actually good, or they remaster the Mass Effect series so I can finally play it, I might care enough to sign up for Origin.
    Acting as if it's some sort of effort.

LMAO.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Games are games, food is food. If you are going to invent a strawman out of food and, say, PC parts i will answer with "can you buy games and movies from a single source"?

All these other stores do not provide a fraction of the steam's services. User reviews, forums, groups, workshop, broadcasting, online libraries? Origin has been around for a decade and it's still a little more than an advertising tool so excuse me if i snort at the notion that Epic one is created for convenience of customers and developers as they immediately slap denuvo onto the only SP AAA title they just got.
    STFU you pirate most of your shit anyway.

Single player eh, does it being based in Russia make it more or less acceptable to fuck the stores off and get it via a Russian repack site?

?
    It's a 12 year old series, loved by enough people that I see references to it online almost every day. I just never got around to it when it was new, and 3 isn't available on Steam. Odds are good that it will be remastered sometime in the near future so I might as well wait.

?
    It's a 12 year old series, loved by enough people that I see references to it online almost every day. I just never got around to it when it was new, and 3 isn't available on Steam. Odds are good that it will be remastered sometime in the near future so I might as well wait.
    It holds up pretty well, you can even slap on some facelift mods. I don't expect it to get remastered until EA implodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Acting as if it's some sort of effort.

LMAO.
    It isn't, actually. But a small amount of inconvenience can dissuade people from doing a lot of things.

I've had my payment details stolen and email accounts ruined by a tsunami of spam. Every online marketplace you sign up for is another opportunity for that to happen again. My bank has never been difficult about fraudulent charges and I could just make a different email account for everything, but playing any particular game or saving a few bucks here and there is rarely enough motivation for me.

I mean i don't care where the game , i do care how much it costs though
    No, but when Iíve bought my food I store it in one fridge, not five different proprietary fridges that only accepts food bought in one store.

Fridge is your hard drive, m8.

Ok, five different proprietary doors leading into my fridge..

Quote Originally Posted by morpheps View Post
    Ok, five different proprietary doors leading into my fridge..
    well you have a freezer with it's own drawers, don't you?