hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them

Thread: Missiles > All ???

Missiles > All ???

So, I trained lasorz and lazor spider bots, but the problem is with any range the lasers seem to hit the ground quite often. A long range weapon system simply isn't that effective in such hilly terrain as is typical. I hear that medium lasers with good skills can reach up to around 800km, but that isn't much use without perfect terrain. Missiles on the other hand do less damage, but are going to hit more frequently because of their flight path. In most situations, it seems the advantages of missiles greatly outweigh the better range of lasers which is largely unuseable.

What am I missing?
    Hi.

Are you positioning yourself correctly? Don't shoot uphill and LOS obstacles are something even missiles have to deal with for the most part.
    Are you using a light/assault? If so, you have to deal with being short and having shit gun angles. Jumping into a mech mitigates this.

Come back to us when you're researched all the kinks out of your weapons platform and gathered enough first-hand experience to mitigate everything out that's humanly possible.

Missiles also have a higher chance of not hitting as far as I can tell.. Hit chance of a 'gun' is size v dispersion v distance so with good skills you can have a 100% chance to hit at some quite good ranges.. For missiles it seems to 10% - skills with the damage being reduced by size.

I have already decided that Pelistal is going to be my next bot type (after Nuimqol) as I should already have good missile skills by the time I get to cross train.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Missiles also have a higher chance of not hitting as far as I can tell.. Hit chance of a 'gun' is size v dispersion v distance so with good skills you can have a 100% chance to hit at some quite good ranges.. For missiles it seems to 10% - skills with the damage being reduced by size.
    Both turrets and missiles need a skill to reduce size's effect on targets. Missiles its a direct damage decrease vs smaller size guns its a miss chance. With the skill maxed for missiles you can reduce it entirely to 0.

The formula is something along the lines of hit size/dispersion with range being a separate factor.
    I don't remember the numbers med turrets offhand but with the skill maxed for turrets you'll still get a 25% miss chance mech vs a light bot with an evasion mod equipped. Not really a problem because one of your guns missing will still=instapop.

As for the complaints with sniper turrets, there is a reason red mechs are getting a buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Gix Tyrionn View Post
    there is a reason red mechs are getting a buff.
    There are no Red bots only YELLOW....

Quote Originally Posted by Tailn View Post
    There are no Red bots only YELLOW....
    What color are the kernels and plasma they drop?

discussion from perp forms and Zooms response at the end pointing here.

Original colours before plasma and kernels were introduced were Yellow, Green and Blue.

You linked the dev saying they weren't yellow. GJ

Try learning to read numpty

Quote Originally Posted by DEV Zoom
    around yellow-orange-red.

Just like Nuimqol are not only blue but also cyan
    Nuimqol were originally blue no one is recolouring that are they.

my emphasis

Try learning to spot a dev troll..

It really doesn't matter if you say yellow or red as everyone know which bots you are talking about.. What I find a bit sad is that the devs went to the trouble of naming them only to have the players call them by colour because its easier.. Its going to make immersion difficult..
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Thelodica are not plain yellow
    Yeah I think I read it. First five words agree with me and you have to pick and choose halves of sentences to keep your nitpicking working.