hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 97 of 133 FirstFirst ... 4787949596979899100107 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 2645

Thread: Kerbal Space Program - Build Heaps Of Fail and Launch Them Into Space

Banned
    Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    I like how I can now adjust the thrust ratio of engines so as to make landing on low-gravity bodies a much smoother experience.
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

Quote Originally Posted by Rakshasa The Cat View Post
    I like how I can now adjust the thrust ratio of engines so as to make landing on low-gravity bodies a much smoother experience.
    Indeed, IMO its probably the most significant change in the update. Helps with a ton of designs, Can finally do assymetric designs without having to use mods or adding parts for ballast.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post
    Indeed, IMO its probably the most significant change in the update. Helps with a ton of designs, Can finally do assymetric designs without having to use mods or adding parts for ballast.
    That is very interesting to know I had not seen any info in the patch notes, this should allow for much safer Mun landings for my lander designs (moar thrust = better).

"Kerning is serious business"
    And having an image that does not cause Autism attacks even more so.

Just to show how big of a difference throttling can make. Did a test, large SRB with just probe core throttled down to 35% reached 125 km apoapsis and all across the sea east of KSC compared to 100% large SRB that just reached 72 km up

Hiro Cor

Am yet to play after latest patch, but from looks of it I'm rather glad I managed to abuse the transmissions pre-patch since it now seems you *have* to return to get the full science? I can get *to* the planets. Getting back... not so much!

Banned
    Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by tgl3 View Post
    Am yet to play after latest patch, but from looks of it I'm rather glad I managed to abuse the transmissions pre-patch since it now seems you *have* to return to get the full science? I can get *to* the planets. Getting back... not so much!
    Why are you playing this game?
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

Because I will *eventually* get back from the planets. Just not today.
    Still, update looks nice. Need to try it!

Because I will *eventually* get back from the planets. Just not today.
    Still, update looks nice. Need to try it!
    There is plenty of science to gain even with transmission. If Mun alone is not enough you have Minimus biomes now too. Not to mention recovery from Minimus is trivial considering the gravity.
    Hiro Cor

big diiiiiiiiick Movember 2012Donor Dark Flare's Avatar
    this gave me a chub:

Quote Originally Posted by Amantus
    whats tyhe appear of a shnitifuck cu nt eve onlio9ne corpotraTION DICKOLHEAD FUCKIN AS

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Flare View Post
    this gave me a chub:

source!

Launched the new science module and a 3 man capsule last night and sent it to the Mun using my general purpose launch vehicle. I now have a science base in orbit only needs a fuel depot and some way to refuel a multi use Muner lander..

I was very happy with both the performance of my launcher and the games performance I usually have quite a lot of lag when launching it but the performance optimisations seem to have done well.

Quote Originally Posted by Corwyna View Post
    Just to show how big of a difference throttling can make. Did a test, large SRB with just probe core throttled down to 35% reached 125 km apoapsis and all across the sea east of KSC compared to 100% large SRB that just reached 72 km up

So throttling has exactly the same effect on thrust and fuel consumption as if you'd done it manually with the controls during flight? I got some kind of patching error when I tried to play a few days ago and haven't had a chance to try it yet.
    i heard you're ideas and their definately good

Quote Originally Posted by dpidcoe View Post
    So throttling has exactly the same effect on thrust and fuel consumption as if you'd done it manually with the controls during flight? I got some kind of patching error when I tried to play a few days ago and haven't had a chance to try it yet.
    Basically yes. The advantages with throttling are if you want to build asymmetric ships and balance the thrust, and throttling SRBs, which obviously you couldn't do before. But otherwise, yea, a conventional liquid rocket gets no advantage than before.

big diiiiiiiiick Movember 2012Donor Dark Flare's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalif View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Flare View Post
    this gave me a chub:

source!
    was just on the KSP reddit, no link to craft last time I checked
    Quote Originally Posted by Amantus
    whats tyhe appear of a shnitifuck cu nt eve onlio9ne corpotraTION DICKOLHEAD FUCKIN AS

Quote Originally Posted by Loganbacca View Post
    Basically yes. The advantages with throttling are if you want to build asymmetric ships and balance the thrust, and throttling SRBs, which obviously you couldn't do before. But otherwise, yea, a conventional liquid rocket gets no advantage than before.
    And another big bonus is adjusting maximum output of the engine for times when you need fine control. Extreme example would be hover, more common fine tuning burn, landing, ...
    Hiro Cor

And another big bonus is adjusting maximum output of the engine for times when you need fine control. Extreme example would be hover, more common fine tuning burn, landing, ...
    You can adjust it on the fly?
    i heard you're ideas and their definately good

You sure can. 100% throttle and off.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Yes for the liquid engines, no for the SRBs, they can be adjusted only in VAB/SPH.
    Hiro Cor

Launched refueling craft and sent it to the Mun, used up all the cargo fuel trying to adjust orbit to attach to existing science craft don't get this orbital maneuvering for docking, more youtube and I have also installed MechJeb.

Illectro/Scott, I was just watching interstellar 31 and you're still complaining about not being able to remap your joystick for atmospheric plane use. What I've done is set up "docking" mode as plane mode, because I don't actually use it for docking. The only downside is that you can't trigger stages in docking mode, but that isn't an issue for most planes.
    Skill training online: Daesis Wrack
    Everything else: Cosmic Osmo