hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 131 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3181121128129130131
Results 2,601 to 2,607 of 2607

Thread: Kerbal Space Program - Build Heaps Of Fail and Launch Them Into Space

Attempting to build a big minimus manufacturing base using USI and planetary base systems (the flat bottomed ones). I have all the bits in place including a karibou rover but can't for the life of me figure out the remote logistics thing. It'd be impossible to connect the mining outposts up over 2km. I've added QMs and stores to everything but can't understand what I'm missing. Anyone know how this is supposed to work?

Quote Originally Posted by friznit View Post
    Attempting to build a big minimus manufacturing base using USI and planetary base systems (the flat bottomed ones). I have all the bits in place including a karibou rover but can't for the life of me figure out the remote logistics thing. It'd be impossible to connect the mining outposts up over 2km. I've added QMs and stores to everything but can't understand what I'm missing. Anyone know how this is supposed to work?
    I haven't built anything big using the logistics system yet, but I recall seeing a toggle in the right click menu of the relevant parts to turn logistics mode on and off. Do you have that turned on for all if the relevant parts?

Do your mining outposts have at least a Duna logistics module directly attached to them? That's how I got planetary logistics working for my moon base.

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Ass ass ass.

The guide seems to suggest you need a Logistics module for planetary logistics, but can use a pioneer module or karibou rover as a local logistics extender (standard range is 150m, extended is 2000m). I'm trying to get the latter approach to work. Failing that I'll try the logistics module and just resort to planetary logistics.

This took altogether far too long to build but it now has a fully working USI production line with two mining outposts so I can finally build shit on Minmus very...very slowly.

heh, good old eva pipe connection base building technique.

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Ass ass ass.

Pretty nice base nonetheless, well done.