hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them

Thread: Prototypes and combat

Prototypes and combat

So I have been playing around with prototypeing and I have noticed that the prototypes usually have better stats than the tech level they are the prototype for (ie, T2P has better fitting than T2, T3P has better damage than T3, etc).

This would lead me to believe that currently the best items in the game are T4P items..

Now I prototyped a medium AC and it cost me about 1Mil NIC all up (T2P, also I have no skills or standings so this it top cost). There is NO WAY im going to be putting 4-6Mil NIC worth of T1 damage guns on my mech right now (and that's not why I did it) but given how easy NIC is to come by in this game, someone has probably done something like this with T3P or T4P by now.

Has anyone crunched the numbers on T4P stuff? How much does each item actually cost to prototype? T4 items can be horribly expensive on their own, so its possible T4P stuff isnt actually that much more..

Has anyone seen people using prototype gear on their bots/mechs?
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    but given how easy NIC is to come by in this game, someone has probably done something like this with T3P or T4P by now.
    There isn't enough epi from the market rofl.

Quote Originally Posted by Gix Tyrionn View Post
    There isn't enough epi from the market rofl.
    I don't even know where to begin telling you how retarded you are. And I've had a lot of practice at telling people on the internet they are retarded.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

As I understand it, the problem with trying to use T4P items is the build times and costs involved. At the higher end the mats required scale very very high, and while you can bring that down with relations and extensions Your still talking about 5-10mil a module. I'd do it for say a MK2 reveler (T4P medium miners yo) but not for combat bots.

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    I don't even know where to begin telling you how retarded you are. And I've had a lot of practice at telling people on the internet they are retarded.
    NOU

If it wasn´t for the whole alt-mayhem already you could make money with them i think. If you specialize in building prototypes you can provide a steady supply of the for eager industrialists to RE them or for some people to actually fit them.
    Should be possible to make money with that if it wasn´t for the age-old problem of corp-intern production and everyone into it having an alt anyway. Will be interesting how this works out the next few weeks/month.