hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: The Outer Worlds - Obsidian and OG Fallout guys give Bethesda the middle finger

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    I love Fallout. Should I get this? Should I buy it outright or get the Xbox Pass for PC?

Tapapapatalk
    Just get the pass, you lose nothing with it.

Can always buy it later on a sale or sth if mods become a thing.

With them now being a microsoft first party studio you also dont really have to feel guilty about not supporting them or anything if you dont buy it outright. :P
    Last edited by Isyel; October 28 2019 at 05:01:03 PM.

£1 for this game for a month is the sweetest deal you are gonna get. its a great deal of fun.

Im still early into it, squeezing every drop out of each area, so its taking a long time.
    Im finding you get shit loads of consumables, and i dont really consume any, so just throw them in a chest on my ship in my room, and my weapons/armour and mods go in the lockers downstairs on the ship.

I'd recommend tinkering with your fav weapons for a small reasonable cost increase each time, until you feel you dont want to spend 400bits per go. its a nice damage boost. I've got with a sniper, combat shotgun, frag launcher for lolz and an impact hammer 1hander melee.
    Im happy to have NPCs with me also, can give them a big heavy weapon and they have unlimited ammo. 600 dps for the win!

Bought,* played for half an hour.

It's great.
    *Xbox Pass, was going to play a few others from that as well anyway.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Hoo boy the ultrawide support of this is non-existent. Stretched videos, black bars, chopped vertical FOV, it has it all. Luckily there's a trainer that fixes the worst problems, but still. Been a while since I've seen a game this bad on 21:9.

Other than that the game seems great, enjoying myself so far!

I've decided how loot/weapons upgrades are handled feels bad.

i think to save on effort, its best to just skip whole tiers of weapons and do larger increment upgrades. its too painful otherwise to upgrade when you find a better item, and then tinker with it, and then mod it.

I love Fallout. Should I get this? Should I buy it outright or get the Xbox Pass for PC?

Tapapapatalk
    Get Disco Elysium instead. >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post

Tapapapatalk
    Or just get both.

scrapped my origin access basic in favour of microsofts offering, man their download servers are turd tier up here in Scandinavia.

i am getting barely 8 mbit here, on a 100 mbit link.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    Hoo boy the ultrawide support of this is non-existent. Stretched videos, black bars, chopped vertical FOV, it has it all. Luckily there's a trainer that fixes the worst problems, but still. Been a while since I've seen a game this bad on 21:9.

Other than that the game seems great, enjoying myself so far!
    oh. well shit.
    I'm guessing this is going to be horrible on my triscreen eyefinity then with how shitty eyefinity works in most non-racingsim games still in 2019.

Tapapapatalk
    Is it good? I've been hesitantly drooling over it.

i used to kickstart stuff before kickstart even started Donor Hayes DuSid's Avatar
    Unusual take, I think the game being too easy for specific playstyles is actually a good thing (?)

So, if you optimize and try hard, the game is probably too easy. Playing on hard, it's still almost hard to die unless I just completely flub something. However, this actually lets me do something I wouldn't have done in most older Obsidian RPGs, fight with different styles just for the giggles.

I literally have been melee rushing Monarch and it's great fun! Usually I'd try to stay on some out of the way rock miles away and just snipe the guy until he arrives and then rely on some automatic gun to finish the fight, but right now I'm rushing Mantid queens and other such foes and just wailing on them with a plasma sword.

I used heavy weapons on the run just to enjoy the more plain and straight forward approach.

Nothing requires me to super spec so hard that any other style of fighting is utterly useless, and nothing feels un-fun to try.
    "How fleeting are all human passions compared to the massive continuity of ducks."- Dorothy L.
    Sayers, Gaudy Night (1935)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post

Tapapapatalk
    Is it good? I've been hesitantly drooling over it.
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayes DuSid View Post
    Unusual take, I think the game being too easy for specific playstyles is actually a good thing (?)

So, if you optimize and try hard, the game is probably too easy. Playing on hard, it's still almost hard to die unless I just completely flub something. However, this actually lets me do something I wouldn't have done in most older Obsidian RPGs, fight with different styles just for the giggles.

I literally have been melee rushing Monarch and it's great fun! Usually I'd try to stay on some out of the way rock miles away and just snipe the guy until he arrives and then rely on some automatic gun to finish the fight, but right now I'm rushing Mantid queens and other such foes and just wailing on them with a plasma sword.

I used heavy weapons on the run just to enjoy the more plain and straight forward approach.

Nothing requires me to super spec so hard that any other style of fighting is utterly useless, and nothing feels un-fun to try.
    i pretty much have ignored armour all together, i just have set which gives me abit more hack, lockpick, and dialog to swap out

It's nice that combat just isn't the point to the game, rather a area you can avoid, or just wade through.
    Though a 700dps silent MK2 plasma modded Assaut rifle does turn that wade into a trot.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

i used to kickstart stuff before kickstart even started Donor Hayes DuSid's Avatar
    So Iím pretty meh at combat when compared to a combat focused guy, but with the leadership skill at 60 and SAM and Nyoka (corrosive and plasma damage), the fights are sometimes over before I realize we were in a fight. Nyoka has a 1600dps heavy machine gun and SAM has almost the same thing.

Meanwhile, Iím a derp with a 600 dps sniper rifle who just starts fights at a distance and then contributes to headshotting what I can.

Side note, Iím seeing lots of people online just unloading tons of ammo into mantid queens and robots. Use plasma/corrosive or electric damage to wipe them out instead, armour fucks shotguns up and many auto fire weapons. Corrosive just bypasses nearly all of it, electric is a specific weakness of robots and plasma seems to ignore half of all armour, but mantids resist it. TL;DR corrosive shotguns are fucking amazing.
    "How fleeting are all human passions compared to the massive continuity of ducks."- Dorothy L.

lol. the weapon mods pretty much spell out what they do....
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    And yet it's the most seen complaint I've seen for this game, that shotguns are broken weak and need to be less shit because a guy shot a robot and it didn't fall over.

Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    And yet it's the most seen complaint I've seen for this game, that shotguns are broken weak and need to be less shit because a guy shot a robot and it didn't fall over.
    Funny that. The first shotgun you pick up the game gives you a pop up that tells you that it won't do much against armored enemies.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

i do some excessive gurgling when my companions use 2hander melee against other NPCs and properly smash the shit out of someone into the next town as they go flying.

Also.
    the companion abilities make me guffaw each time.

Just caught Felix smoking on my ship. Im going to kick his fucking head in.

Last edited by Kraken; November 1 2019 at 06:06:59 PM.

So I’m pretty meh at combat when compared to a combat focused guy, but with the leadership skill at 60 and SAM and Nyoka (corrosive and plasma damage), the fights are sometimes over before I realize we were in a fight. Nyoka has a 1600dps heavy machine gun and SAM has almost the same thing.

Meanwhile, I’m a derp with a 600 dps sniper rifle who just starts fights at a distance and then contributes to headshotting what I can.

Side note, I’m seeing lots of people online just unloading tons of ammo into mantid queens and robots. Use plasma/corrosive or electric damage to wipe them out instead, armour fucks shotguns up and many auto fire weapons. Corrosive just bypasses nearly all of it, electric is a specific weakness of robots and plasma seems to ignore half of all armour, but mantids resist it. TL;DR corrosive shotguns are fucking amazing.
    Also robots have a weakspot that they usually hide, but that you can quite easily get to by crippling them in TDT.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'