hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them

Thread: Advice on supplement program?

Advice on supplement program?

I am looking at a few different options, just wanted some input. I just hit 51, still work out daily. Looking for I guess a combo of a testosterone boost, with strength and endurance/recovery increase to maintain my regimen. Has anyone tried bdg performance labs, the first thing that came up when I search this seems to fit just want some more input from the gurus before I buy lol. Any other options you guys subscribe to? I want something effective as well as safe of course.

Go see a doctor and get your testosterone levels checked. See if you can find one that does a lot of HRT stuff for men. Getting proper testosterone supplementation will hold of the worst effects of getting old(er).

The other big thing is creatine. If you cycle it correctly it is basically like putting a turbo on your performance.

macros > micros > supplements

I take WPI when my macros permit it, leucine because it boosts the effect of protein as you age without extra calories, and creatine. You don't really notice creatine while you're taking it, but by god you'll notice it once you first start, because your body will probably have next to none of it.
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

>responding to a marketing bot
    >over hyping creatine like 17 year olds with their first gym membership

You don't need to cycle creatine, the only performance boost you might be able to quantify is slight increase in resilience to fatigue at the brink of muscular failure and better scores on memory tests. It's really good for bumping you up into free shipping when ordering whey powder though.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

I hit muscular failure all the time, because I'm old and unfit lol
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    loving the bot replying to bot action here

I think this is the fascinating bit on classic forums - the bots are really getting smarter.

All I take is Fish Oil, vitamin D (especially if you aren't getting much sunlight), creatine, and whey protein. I would also say add a multivitamin, but I haven't seen a lot of good science for them. A salad or smoothie with leafy greens and vegetables is 10x better than a multivitamin anyhow. Also it is very satiating. I've found eating more vegetables makes cutting significantly easier for me as well.