hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Command and Conquer: Hell March V2 edition

Hype train to 11 for me at least! I hope they throw into the map editor tools. Had so many hours in red alert 1 snd 2 creating maps for fun
    Red alert 2 was fun in lan games somehow much more than Starcraft when it came to resource management.

Generals with zero hour was just insane although the more serious minded players banned superweapon general sadly
    I loved my owerpowered alpha auroras...

Tiberian sun was fun too but way more slowpaced and tactical compared to the other cnc titles.

Although the campaign mode was lord of the rings level while red alert 2 was austin powers wich I kind of loved that Westwood went with different styles in the cnc and ra series.

The gdi and nod story somehow felt like it could be turned into a epic story like babylon 5 that spans 10-50 years or at least a movie trilogy.
    Hopefully with frank klepackis amazing music.

Petroglyph does have experience working on rts games the past few years so this project feels like it has great potential.
    Im praying for modern and stable netcode and maybe Lan support although its not a deal breaker for me.

Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    DETRUISEZ TOUS, C'EST UNE OBLIGATION
    I always wondered what she was saying.

content:

An update got posted to reddit last month.

Fellow Command & Conquer fans,

We are approaching the conclusion of our pre-production phase, having achieved several of our key milestones since our last Reddit post. During March we delivered our first playable campaign mission (GDI Mission 1), which included multiple samples of the remastered art running at 4k. This was accompanied by a more complete Visual Target image, which helps the dev team align around our goals for the artistic fidelity. We are now in the middle of getting Multiplayer up and running for the first time, along with dozens of art assets iterating towards their finalized look. Last week we showed many of these items to the Community Council, and continue to receive fantastic feedback via their contributions.

With that in mind, today we wanted to share a glimpse of the pre-production work with all of you here in the C&C community. And this is the first time anyone outside of EA or the Community Council has seen work from the Remaster. In this spirit, we felt it appropriate to start with one of the first assets you see in Command & Conquer - the classic Construction Yard.

Now, if you’ve been reading our previous posts, our primary goal with the visual approach is to maintain the authenticity of the original in-game asset. It’s worth calling out that if there’s a conflict between the in-game asset, cinematic asset, or UI portrait, we’re always going to side with the in-game asset. That being said, if there are opportunities to pull in details from the cinematic footage to enhance an asset, we’ll do our best to incorporate those details. A good example here would be the blue pattern / texturing on the Con Yard door (Inspired by the classic Con Yard unpacking cinematic).

As always, we are eager to hear your thoughts in the comments, and looking forward to sharing more details about the visual approach down the line.

Cheers,

Jim Vessella

Jimtern
    https://www.reddit.com/r/commandandc...5x&sh=9a1387c0

I like C&C series because of the story and goofy setting, despite crappy mechanics which I always hated.

Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    I like C&C series because of the story and goofy setting, despite crappy mechanics which I always hated.
    I dont think Nod and GDI had/have very good vs parity. unlike in RA2 where you can capabily play against each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    I dont think Nod and GDI had/have very good vs parity. unlike in RA2 where you can capabily play against each other.
    they always had a hard time balancing MP it's incredibly hard to do asymmetric play with only two factions, that's why Blizz abandoned that approach with Starcraft, notice how it's been 3+ factions for their RTS games ever since. Should also be remembered that RA2 was a game made after people had had a decade to figure out how to best put together MP skirmish for RTS titles, before that point the internet wasn't even really ubiquitous enough to foster the kind of competative community that would even be able to develop such knowledge.