hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them

Thread: the fucking [friday]+[saturday] thread

the fucking [friday]+[saturday] thread

just got home from my part time job, apparently one of the Mexican places has decided that the best way to serve pulled pork is so wet that it slushes all over the place, and that the best way to package that shit is at the bottom of the bag so it gets squished during transport, so my luggage compartment now stinks of pulled pork and the upholstery is wet with that shit.

i have complained to management, and spend the last hour or so with a bucket of soapy water cleaning up the metal parts underneath, of course it's not restricted to the luggage compartment either, one of the rear seats basically got soaked because it was a large order and i didn't have the space in the back, the bag in question was SUPPOSED to be dry goods only by the way (ie, salads without garnish, sealed sodas), or so they claimed but the massive grease stain makes a obvious lie of that.

so i may just end up resigning within the next couple of days depending on the outcome here, regardless tomorrow is going to be spend on cleaning detail on that seat and the upholstery, i don't have the stuff to do it on hand now and could not find it on the way home at 8pm, hopefully i can get the fucking stench out, i am half tempted to basically hand the problem over to a professional but i can't afford it out of my own pocket and doubt my employer, or the fucking restaurant, is going to pay it either.

so yea, that's another weekend completely fucked.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Sodium bicarbonate is your friend
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

You run deliveries with your own private car or something? Sounds like a strange gig if they don't cover that sort of stuff.

that sucks mate

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    I should be home.now but I keep stopping to post. I'm in need of a mega poo. so much so that I'm tempted to leave slurry across one of these gardens and deal with the wiping later. gonna toss a coin

phoneposting

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    You run deliveries with your own private car or something? Sounds like a strange gig if they don't cover that sort of stuff.
    That's the gig economy, m8. Hire a bunch of "independent contractors" (who are entirely dependent on the service), and don't insure them. Uber, Lyft, Amazon, and food delivery services all do this.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Passed Living in the UK test, yay.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Passed Living in the UK test, yay.
    Awesome mate!!

welcome to the gig economy, it's not "that" bad tho, they cover milage+service costs on the car as part of the package and the wages are "good enough" per danish standards, not great but the fact it's not some sales job makes up for it. the thing iis i don't know if they do cover it, it's a 8 month old company at this point and i suspect it's the first time they've had this sort of shit happen.

i kept the reciept for the cleaning supplies and asked if i should just punt it their way, the reasonable thing to happen would be they or the resturant cover it, otherwise i basically paid to go to work friday, and that is going to lead to a resignation, i don't need the gig that bad and there are alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    That's the gig economy, m8. Hire a bunch of "independent contractors" (who are entirely dependent on the service), and don't insure them. Uber, Lyft, Amazon, and food delivery services all do this.
    we're actually full on employees per danish law, but it's the same principle, except the more regulated labour market means the buttfucking seen in the UK and US doesn't happen, i can't get a "zero hour" week for exsample, if they are obliged to provide a minimum of 1 shift a week and if they dont, they're obliged to pay out as if they did.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

My boiler finally packed in after I managed to coax it back to life with some funny valve configurations. 3.5k quote from british gas (local firms all seem fucking useless, have been chasing two of them for a quote all week) but at least I can do 0% over 2 years. My roof has started leaking again, had my roofer up having a look today, may need new beams which won't be cheap. On the plus side I can take the opportunity to get a bigger skylight in my loft and convert it into a man cave.

Why is your account nuked?

2012 pfft

Quote Originally Posted by kyrieee View Post
    Why is your account nuked?

2012 pfft
    I'm sure a regular poster can fill you in on the details.

Separation is one helluva drug
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?