hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 985 of 1003 FirstFirst ... 485885935975982983984985986987988995 ... LastLast
Results 19,681 to 19,700 of 20045

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

In his speech to the CBI today, The First Lord of the Treasury the Rt.Hon. Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson has put himself on a par with Moses, spoken about how great a day out Peppa Pig World is, and lost his place.

He also impersonated a car.
    Last edited by Rodj Blake; November 22 2021 at 11:33:26 AM.

I genuinely think people were just rallying round the flag during the covid crisis. The general public are stupid but not stupid enough to miss quite how bad the tories are.

My boomer parents are always sympathetic of whoever is in power, especially if they have a blue rosette. But their opinions are definitely shifting against the tories.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    I genuinely think people were just rallying round the flag during the covid crisis. The general public are stupid but not stupid enough to miss quite how bad the tories are.

My boomer parents are always sympathetic of whoever is in power, especially if they have a blue rosette. But their opinions are definitely shifting against the tories.
    Chatting to my neighbor who is in a similar boat, Blue Essex set etc.
    I asked him "Would you won't vote tory in the next election" - "probably".

Need to figure out how to keep these people away from the Tories. Most, expecialy older people are difficult to crowbar from their entrenched "Gordon Brown Stole My Pension" views. Sadly.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

The general public are stupid but not stupid enough to miss quite how bad the tories are.
    No, they definitely are.

I'd say we're more cynical than just stupid. The Tories benefit more from that, since if everyone already assumes they're crooks, they're not surprised when they turn out to be. So long as they can keep the idea that there's no better alternative to them going, they can pretty much do what they want - or at least not face any great electoral harm for their transgressions.
    Last edited by Lancehot; November 22 2021 at 11:39:22 AM.

A lot of people don't follow the news that closely and end up deciding that all politicians are as bad as each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post

Need to figure out how to keep these people away from the Tories. Most, expecialy older people are difficult to crowbar from their entrenched "Gordon Brown Stole My Pension" views. Sadly.
    That's the crux.

I live in a safe Tory seat. Everyone's fed up of Boris, even his staunchest defenders. But they all reckon if the Tories got someone good in they'd vote Tory again, because "can you imagine what it would've been like under Labour?"
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post

That's the crux.

I live in a safe Tory seat. Everyone's fed up of Boris, even his staunchest defenders. But they all reckon if the Tories got someone good in they'd vote Tory again, because "can you imagine what it would've been like under Labour?"
    So basicly bi-politics USA?
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    That's the crux.

So basicly bi-politics USA?
    That's what FPTP usually gets you, yeah.

Looks like downing Street is now briefing against Johnson. I wonder what stupid cunt we'll up with as prime minister next
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Looks like downing Street is now briefing against Johnson. I wonder what stupid cunt we'll up with as prime minister next
    Dishy Rishi, Pob the Prime Minister, or Glorious Volksfuhrer Patel are my three bets.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    In his speech to the CBI today, The First Lord of the Treasury the Rt.Hon. Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson has put himself on a par with Moses, spoken about how great a day out Peppa Pig World is, and lost his place.

I had the 'speech' on in the background of playing TW:WH2 and (amongst the usual terrible ammounts of bullshit, soundbites and bluster) i had to stop the game to make sure i wasn't hearing things. Alexander de Pfeffel Johnson is a tit. If this is an act, hes lost the confidence of those in the CBI. If it's real, he's lost the confidence of the CBI. He's either lost himself to his persona or he just doesn't give a shit anymore. It could be hes had enough of the PM game and is looking to retire on a nice little (!) nest egg from parliament and continuing back handers for influence, but no-one in the cons could look at his performance and say 'yes, this is the leader we need'. What an embarrassment.

On top of the social care bill, loss of the northern HS2 line, inflation, continued privitisation of the NHS, corruption and facepalming u-turns, how the fuck do people keep voting for these morons.

I perhaps think we should introduce a questionnaire prior to elections where people must demonstrate they are at least slightly aware of what the fuck is going on in the world around them and how the parliamentarians effect their lives before being able to vote, as the current system is an utter dumpsterfire.

Also watched V for vendetta at the weekend. Oh my, the parallels are a bit worrying.
    Shitting up eve for .... well, longer than most of you scumbags.

I know a few people who work for the CBI and I can assure you he never had their confidence. The didn't forget 'fuck business' from the brexit campaign.

I should just jump on the band wagon. Fuck the poorer and less fortunate

Sell off social housing (if they cant afford it just get a better job), I dont have it so they shouldnt!

Fuck the NHS, I can afford private healthcare!

Fuck the social system, its just for jobless leaches of our society.

Fuck foreigners, they only exist to serve.

We just need to go with it, stop resisting. /s

What a joke! I'ma ctually planning on leaving the UK again. If i get my visa's I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Equium Duo View Post

Sell off social housing (if they cant afford it just get a better job), I dont have it so they shouldnt!

What a joke! I'ma ctually planning on leaving the UK again. If i get my visa's I'm gone.
    come to portugal mate, the wine is cheap and plentiful
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

Dishy Rishi, Pob the Prime Minister, or Glorious Volksfuhrer Patel are my three bets.

Pls no Patel

After having worked in her department for 2 months, I can tell you that it would be awful.

Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post

come to portugal mate, the wine is cheap and plentiful
    I would but theres not much fo my industry there, I was actually in Majorca in september, I would move there if I could lol.

They don't even have that level of ideological nuance. It's 'fuck everyone who isn't in on the grift'. It's almost soviet in nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post

Pls no Patel

After having worked in her department for 2 months, I can tell you that it would be awful.
    I think it would only be worth mentioning if there was any competence shown by her. She seems dangerously stupid and is only in her position due to her loyalty to Johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post

I did particularly like him praising the British creative industries while also planning to kneecap all non stem courses as they don't deliver skills needed for the economy.