hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 580 of 671 FirstFirst ... 80480530570577578579580581582583590630 ... LastLast
Results 11,581 to 11,600 of 13415

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    And what will you do if Brexit is not a huge success? Will you have a tiny, tiny spark of introspection, or will it be the gay fencing liberal elite reeeeemoaners?
    Don't be silly. Brexit will be a success no matter the outcome. Meester will never ever put down any particulars to specify what is a success/failure if his past posting is anything to go by.

If brexit is a success by ANY reasonable measure (that being the UK being in a better economic situation in let's say 2030 than it would have been if it had remained in the EU) then I will change my mind about it.

Unfortunately there is no physical possibility of that ever happening.

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Then say you want Brexit to be successful.

And what will you do if Brexit is not a huge success? Will you have a tiny, tiny spark of introspection, or will it be the gay fencing liberal elite reeeeemoaners?
    As far as I can tell it has been successful. We have left the EU, that was the main objective. No more kumbaya neverland which never existed in the first place. Any success built upon that is just the cherry on top. If one cites economics as the sole reason for Brexit then one is delusional

Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post

As far as I can tell it has been successful. We have left the EU, that was the main objective. No more kumbaya neverland which never existed in the first place. Any success built upon that is just the cherry on top. If one cites economics as the sole reason for Brexit then one is delusional
    Leaving the EU was the end in itself?

It wasn't the means to achieve something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post

Leaving the EU was the end in itself?

That's like saying that the point of voting is putting an x in a square. Total idiocy.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post

That's like saying that the point of voting is putting an x in a square. Total idiocy.
    Well since everything hinged on Leaving the EU then Leaving the EU was clearly the main goal.

As for voting, why cannot someone understand that yes putting an x into a square is indeed the main reason why people actually vote?

Well since everything hinged on Leaving the EU then Leaving the EU was clearly the main goal.

As for voting, why cannot someone understand that yes putting an x into a square is indeed the main reason why people actually vote?
    But what's the 'everything that hinged on leaving the EU'?

Perhaps we can use an example you may understand:

Q: Why do you play Football?
    A1: To put more balls in the back of the oppositions net than our own.
    A2: To win the game / have fun / get paid.
    Last edited by Kai; February 16 2020 at 03:44:06 AM.

Everything you can think of.

A3: To play football.

If brexit is a success by ANY reasonable measure (that being the UK being in a better economic situation in let's say 2030 than it would have been if it had remained in the EU) then I will change my mind about it.

You say by any reasonable measure but then you give the UK economy as the only one. You know there's more measures than that, don't you? How about an outcome observed in several countries: worse economy but greater overall happiness?

Mega groan.

I mean, it's not unreasonable to think that you aren't actually capable of explaining why you do the things you do, because you yourself don't know...

It's just kinda sad.

You won't explain why leaving the EU is a good thing, because as soon as you give reasons, they can be argued against. So you just say that leaving is, in and of itself, good, without justification, and call yourself the winner.

It's just kinda sad to be so devoted to something and so incapable of defending it. Shit, Christian apologists can do a better job defending their faith than you can defending Brexit.
    Quarantined and loving life.

Quote Originally Posted by August View Post

You say by any reasonable measure but then you give the UK economy as the only one. You know there's more measures than that, don't you? How about an outcome observed in several countries: worse economy but greater overall happiness?
    Alright let's cut to the end of this argument right now: How many European countries would you rather live in than Bahrain?

This is just sad
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post

This is just sad
    It does demonstrate why none of the rational arguments worked though.

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Psure it's not
    There have been no changes at our airport for UK travellers. New staff members were being trained yesterday, leading to longer queues at the passport control than usual. Sadly, this tweet has taken on a life of its own. For further reference: https://news.schiphol.com/brexit-and...e-at-schiphol/. ^Mayen

Guess you are now another dumb one.

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Implying any of the people like him do...
    People like me have now made our future or lack of future outside the EU which is more than you lot have managed to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Well chin up, perhaps we'll get a nice war soon. Then you can break out the party hats.
    Didn't stop the ones in Yugoslavia, Iraq, Afghanistan. Didn't stop the Russians in Crimea but I must admit another war that isn't in the Middle East might make a nice change.

The fact is is that you lot are absolutely terrified of a Brexit success because ultimately that would be the end of you lot as any kind of power in society. If it succeeds then your lies will be shown to the whole world and you will become misanthropes to it like Japanese soldiers in the jungle fighting a war that has long since ended.
    What "lot" do you think you're referring to, precisely?
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

I can think of free coke and hookers for all. If Brexit doesn't deliver them, I'm holding you personally responsible.
    Last edited by Rodj Blake; February 16 2020 at 10:35:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steckersaurus View Post

I mean, it's not unreasonable to think that you aren't actually capable of explaining why you do the things you do, because you yourself don't know...

It's just kinda sad.

You won't explain why leaving the EU is a good thing, because as soon as you give reasons, they can be argued against. So you just say that leaving is, in and of itself, good, without justification, and call yourself the winner.

It's just kinda sad to be so devoted to something and so incapable of defending it. Shit, Christian apologists can do a better job defending their faith than you can defending Brexit.
    Hint all Meester cares about is 'owning the libs'.

It's all he's ever cared about. That he is on the winning side and that the people he sees as 'against' him are on the losing side.

He will accept almost anything to ensure that he is on the winning side, because that is all that matters to him.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Quote Originally Posted by Steckersaurus View Post

It's just kinda sad.

Hint all Meester cares about is 'owning the libs'.

It's all he's ever cared about. That he is on the winning side and that the people he sees as 'against' him are on the losing side.

He will accept almost anything to ensure that he is on the winning side, because that is all that matters to him.
    Conservatives the world over put party before country, and only care about their side winning, putting this consideration over the well being of the society they live in, and the people that live around them. They should be marginalized, ignored and cut out of civil society. Why would anybody hire anyone exhibiting such ingrained racism?
    meh

Alright let's cut to the end of this argument right now: How many European countries would you rather live in than Bahrain?
    I don't get it. I'm neither Muslim nor able to speak Arabic and there are several European countries I'd pick before Bahrain. I'd also rather live in Brazil, ranked 72nd in gdp/capita, before living in all the EU countries in the top 10 of gdp/capita, Norway, Ireland, Iceland, and Denmark. Does that prove my point that there are other measures than economic? Or does it prove your point? I'm not sure what your post is about.

I don't get it. I'm neither Muslim nor able to speak Arabic and there are several European countries I'd pick before Bahrain. I'd also rather live in Brazil, ranked 72nd in gdp/capita, before living in all the EU countries in the top 10 of gdp/capita, Norway, Ireland, Iceland, and Denmark. Does that prove my point that there are other measures than economic? Or does it prove your point? I'm not sure what your post is about.
    This piqued my curiosity: why Brazil? Is it the weather? The Carnival? The corruption? The crime?
    nevar forget

Carnival, Corruption and Crime is some fantastic alliteration.

The Brazilian tourist board should have a chat with you.