hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 495 of 712 FirstFirst ... 395445485492493494495496497498505545595 ... LastLast
Results 9,881 to 9,900 of 14224

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

  1. #9881

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    5,879
    Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    I have seen no evidence of the Conservatives wanting to stop people getting the help they need.
    You've clearly not been paying attention then.

  2. #9882
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    17,426
    Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    I have seen no evidence of the Conservatives wanting to stop people getting the help they need.
    I'm going to step out the political wrangling and point scoring mode for this. I would like you to take this actually seriously. You say you have "seen no evidence".

    You don't remember the time that IDS refused to release the statistics on the number of suicides that the "bedroom tax" caused because, and I quote from memory here "they might cause disturbance"?

    You haven't heard anything about what people who have to claim disability go through?

    You haven't had any experience of being unemployed in the last few years?

    Try speaking with people who have to actually interact with the Conservative idea of the welfare state. You might get more evidence than you can bear to hear. I don't care if you come back here with what you find. I don't care if it doesn't change your view on brexit. I don't care if you don't want to "admit you were wrong" to me. But go find out because believe me when I say that this is for your benefit and understanding: that you need, need to understand the reality of conservatism in the post-80s world.

    Edit: as relevant now as it was prescient then:

    “If [the Conservatives are] re-elected on Thursday, I warn you. I warn you that you will have pain – when healing and relief depend upon payment. I warn you that you will have poverty – when pensions slip and benefits are whittled away by a government that won’t pay in an economy that can’t pay… I warn you not to be ordinary. I warn you not to be young. I warn you not to fall ill. I warn you not to get old.
    Are you ordinary? Will you ever get ill? Will you ever get old?

    Maybe think about how much use the likes of Johnson and Rees-Mogg will have for you the moment hey can't fuck another day's work out of you.
    Last edited by Malcanis; November 13 2019 at 08:22:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

  3. #9883

    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    2,746
    To bring another piece of evidence to the discussion (as if Meester will actually listen, but oh well), I had to take my young son to hospital on Monday night because he woke up with a very nasty bout of croup. The "shit, he can barely breathe" variety. He woke up at 11pm, we got him to the hospital around half past midnight and we finally saw a doctor and got him some medicine at 6.30am. We sat in the waiting room for six hours. We took a while to get him to the hospital because originally there was going to be an ambulance to come look at him, only to have that change to "can you please take him to the hospital".

    It's very fucking terrifying as a parent when your child can't breathe, it's even more terrifying experiencing having to wait all night for treatment. That's the Tory NHS for you. So, Meester, don't sit there and make stupid fucking claims like that, because if you haven't seen any evidence, then you haven't been fucking looking.

  4. #9884
    Totally Not Larkonnis's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25, 2012
    Posts
    1,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Things we've learned about Johnson this week:

    He doesn't know how to mop a floor

    He doesn't know how to make a cuppa.

    Twat.
    And you and the plebs are all talking about this rather than the potential Russian influence in our elections.

    Boris knew exactly what he was doing when he fucked up that cuppa.


  5. #9885
    Paradox's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 24, 2011
    Location
    Deepest Darkest Devonshire
    Posts
    8,598
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Things we've learned about Johnson this week:

    He doesn't know how to mop a floor

    He doesn't know how to make a cuppa.

    Twat.
    And you and the plebs are all talking about this rather than the potential Russian influence in our elections.

    Boris knew exactly what he was doing when he fucked up that cuppa.
    hahaha ok m8

    him failing to mop a floor was also a master stroke was it?

    I'm quite happy to talk about Russian influence in our elections. How much did they Pay Arron Banks to set up the leave.eu campaign again?

    How much Russian money is laundered through Farage's not-even-a-party brexit party?


    Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

  6. #9886
    Totally Not Larkonnis's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25, 2012
    Posts
    1,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post

    I'm quite happy to talk about Russian influence in our elections. How much did they Pay Arron Banks to set up the leave.eu campaign again?

    How much Russian money is laundered through Farage's not-even-a-party brexit party?
    You're talking about it on an irrelevant spaceships forum.

    Nobody else is... That's the point.


  7. #9887
    Paradox's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 24, 2011
    Location
    Deepest Darkest Devonshire
    Posts
    8,598
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post

    I'm quite happy to talk about Russian influence in our elections. How much did they Pay Arron Banks to set up the leave.eu campaign again?

    How much Russian money is laundered through Farage's not-even-a-party brexit party?
    You're talking about it on an irrelevant spaceships forum.

    Nobody else is... That's the point.
    ah well on this we agree


    Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

  8. #9888

    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    2,746
    Maybe we'd be talking about it more if the government hadn't suppressed the report into it. You'd almost think the Tories have something to hide. It must be all that personal responsibility they like to talk about.

  9. #9889

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    5,879
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Things we've learned about Johnson this week:

    He doesn't know how to mop a floor

    He doesn't know how to make a cuppa.

    Twat.
    And you and the plebs are all talking about this rather than the potential Russian influence in our elections.

    Boris knew exactly what he was doing when he fucked up that cuppa.
    I refer you to my earlier comments on Russian influence.

  10. #9890

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    13,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post

    I'm quite happy to talk about Russian influence in our elections. How much did they Pay Arron Banks to set up the leave.eu campaign again?

    How much Russian money is laundered through Farage's not-even-a-party brexit party?
    You're talking about it on an irrelevant spaceships forum.

    Nobody else is... That's the point.
    Yawn.

    Lazy irrelevant points from a lazy irrelevant internet tryhard as usual.

  11. #9891
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    21,647
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post

    You're talking about it on an irrelevant spaceships forum.

    Nobody else is... That's the point.
    I assume its been mentioned on BBC breakfast or something at some point since I've heard it crop up amongst people door knocking.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

  12. #9892

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    5,879
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post

    I'm quite happy to talk about Russian influence in our elections. How much did they Pay Arron Banks to set up the leave.eu campaign again?

    How much Russian money is laundered through Farage's not-even-a-party brexit party?
    You're talking about it on an irrelevant spaceships forum.

    Nobody else is... That's the point.
    There has been plenty of talk about this, but it is obvious that the current government doesn't want us to look into it, so they're blocking scrutiny at every turn. And the leave voting public is A-OK with that, so ... what can you do ...

    As far as the Brexiteers and the Tory party are concerned, it's perfectly fine if the Russians poison people on the streets of Salisbury, basically bankroll their otherwise insolvent party, and skew elections in their favour.

    :shrug:
    Nonononono. You're doing it wrong. It's Corbyn who supports the Russians.

  13. #9893
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    21,647
    I doubt there is anything any 'English' party could do in Scotland which would be of much use this election cycle. Which is probably why Labour are getting Corbyn's tour out of the way early.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

  14. #9894
    Djan Seriy Anaplian's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    4,961
    From the grau:

    We have received a briefing from the monarch of UK psephologists, Prof Sir John Curtice of Strathclyde University, about what might happen in the election, and the short version is this: while there are many imponderables in play, it seems a toss-up between a Boris Johnson majority and a hung parliament.

    Curtice said it was “pretty much a binary contest” between the two. And what of a Labour majority? The answer will not be welcomed by Jeremy Corbyn:

    The chances of a Labour majority are as close to zero as it is possible to be.

    He said the issues for Labour included Corbyn’s personal unpopularity with voters (although he also noted that Johnson was “the most unpopular new prime minister in polling history”), and the fact that they had lost both remain and leave votes through a middle-ground approach to Brexit. Cutice said:

    Where they have demonstrated Blairite moderation is the one issue on which you shouldn’t demonstrate Blairites moderation, as it won’t get you anywhere.

    The current Tory lead of about 10 percentage points would most likely be enough for Boris Johnson, Cutice said.

    With a 10-point lead, however you look at it, if that was to transpire in the ballot box it would be highly likely the Conservatives would win a majority of a size that would be sufficient to get the withdrawal treaty through.

    But given the likelihood the Tories will lose a “fair chunk” of seats in Scotland and to the Lib Dems, Johnson needed to keep the lead above about six or seven percentage points:

    If it get below that, the odds are beginning to swing in favour of a hung parliament. So be aware: just because the Tories are ahead in the polls, it doesn’t mean to say that Boris is going to get a majority.

    The key battle in northern Tory target seats, he said, would be for the Conservatives to hang on to gains made by Theresa May in 2017, and for the Lib Dems to take seats from Labour. Curtice said: “Boris Johnson would love the Liberal Democrats to go up.”

  15. #9895
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    21,647
    I don't think a conservative majority is particularly likely, 40% is probably about as high as their polling is going to go, in 2017 I think they managed 42% after the UKIP vote collapsed. We'll have a hung parliament but no idea which way it will hang.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

  16. #9896
    Liare's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    14,325
    Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    What makes you think that the Conservatives do not recognise the welfare state for those unable to get a leg up? You think there are no working class Conservatives that never were poor? Not everything in the welfare system can be kept going just by throwing money at it. There are probably parts of the welfare system that do need chucking, not because of out of some maliciousness but because they do not work and the money can be better spent elsewhere. I have seen no evidence of the Conservatives wanting to stop people getting the help they need. Its the same kind of argument claiming that Boris will sell the NHS to Donald Trump when foreign companies already supply it. Its not true, its a deliberate lie.
    i wish my reality distortion field was this powerful, it's literately overriding 150 years worth of history.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

    Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

  17. #9897
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    21,647
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post

    Labour absolutely bombing in Scotland.

    While the Tories are making a hash of it since they began, Corbyn isn't do much better above borders either.
    Well yeah, it is impossible to have a set of policies in Westminster which outperform the SNP, that's literally the point of the SNP.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

  18. #9898
    Djan Seriy Anaplian's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    4,961
    Priti Patel has a very strange body shape.

  19. #9899
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    21,647
    What's her skull shape? I bet she's a fan of phrenology.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

  20. #9900
    Djan Seriy Anaplian's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    4,961
    Quite an aesthetically pleasing, angular visage positioned on top of the Michelin Man.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •