hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 301 of 408 FirstFirst ... 201251291298299300301302303304311351401 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,020 of 8154

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

They went with the fudge: https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-circumstances

Manuel Cortes, the TSSA’s general secretary, described the outcome of the meeting as, “Labour’s latest Brexit fudge”, adding that the party’s “unicorn demands” for a Brexit deal, would “in effect make us a rule-taker colony of Brussels”.

“That’s the naked truth and we have missed an opportunity to tell it to voters like it is. We face a stark choice – a no-deal economic crash, vassalage or the best option, no Brexit at all,” he said.
    Quite right ...

Yet more evidence of the Corbyn/Milne clique's complete and utter incompetence. This is going to cost Labour dearly ...

(Friend of mine just whatsapped me to tell me he burned his Labour membership whatever. As he said he would do. He used to be a Corbynista back in the day, poor thing. Pretty active in the party as well (mostly thankless jobs). He's not the only one who said he would do this either. Who's going to pound those streets for Corbyn now, in the comming elections? While you internet lefties discuss the latest dialectics on a spaceships serious business forum.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    ...i have no idea whats realy going on...

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Seumas Milne
    I'm not going to bother researching him, because I've gotten the drift from this thread, but I'd be wary of giving anyone who's parents lacked the foresight to give their offspring a name that wouldn't create a deep seated hatred of other people, power.
    Two word description: Stalinist anti-Semite. Nuff said ...

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    Seumas Milne
    I'm not going to bother researching him, because I've gotten the drift from this thread, but I'd be wary of giving anyone who's parents lacked the foresight to give their offspring a name that wouldn't create a deep seated hatred of other people, power.
    Now there's an oxymoron if ever I've seen one...

I think that's three words.

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    Seumas Milne
    Why? Stalin was plenty anti-Semitic

Edit: or did you tautology?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Seumas Milne
    You're off-message there. The memo that Tory Party Central Office sent to you clearly said to refer to him as a Trotskyite.

Lmao, still going at it in circles? Jesus Christ I hope you get paid for this you lot.

I mostly post while at work so... yes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Seumas Milne
    You're off-message there. The memo that Tory Party Central Office sent to you clearly said to refer to him as a Trotskyite.
    Except he is not. He's written article after article defending Stalin, Stalinism, containing anti-Semitic tropes a plenty. Here you have a guy who minimises both the Holocaust and the Holodomor. And he's Corbyn's 'brain'.

Remember the whole hubbub about the working definition of anti-Semitism? That had Seumas Milne's fingerprints all over it. He 'redefined' it, primarily because he has been denying Israels' right to exist ever since he got back from a student trip (Oxford BTW, he's never done a hard day's Labour in his life, the very definition of a champagne Stalinist) to the middle east and Palestine. By rights he (and many of his hard left fellow travelers) should have been expelled from the Labour party by now. But his main fellow traveler is leader of the party, so there's that ...

Nice foreword BTW, Corbyn ... I notice that you send Long-Bailey out to put the fire out ... again ...

Let's at least be honest: the Corbyn/Milne clique have destroyed Labour's reputation with the Jewish community. And that's because they've been peddling anti-Semitic tropes ever since they started out on their political career. It's disgusting ...

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    Seumas Milne
    No it's not. Stalin persecuted the Jews after WW2. The doctor's plot didn't come to fruition because he died before he could finish it. And he always denied that the Holocaust was anything special.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    I mostly post while at work so... yes?
    Likewise

Nice foreword BTW, Corbyn ... I notice that you send Long-Bailey out to put the fire out ... again ...
    And is Tony Blair also anti-Semitic as he's one of dozens of people who have praised Hobson?

Last edited by Rodj Blake; May 1 2019 at 11:57:09 AM.

Ah yes, the current shadow cabinet is plotting their future roles in the politburo of the united soviets of great britain and northern ireland, obviously the most in demand position is Gen Sec of Pogroms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

And is Tony Blair also anti-Semitic as he's one of dozens of people who have praised Hobson?

Is that praise? Really? Sort yourself out cultist.

https://michaelrosenblog.blogspot.co...how-about.html

Still doesn't make that praise. More cultist whataboutism to defend the indefensible.

Gordon Brown also quoted Hobson in the house at one point or another:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...c/13/labour.uk

He also wrote a foreword for an edition of The Wealth of Nations, which is by modern standards an incredibly racist piece of work.

EDIT: The Fabian Society also used him as inspiration in a 2010 essay by Stuart White, http://www.nextleft.org/2010/11/cleg...iberalism.html
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    Gordon Brown also quoted Hobson in the house at one point or another:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...c/13/labour.uk

He also wrote a foreword for an edition of The Wealth of Nations, which is by modern standards an incredibly racist piece of work.

EDIT: The Fabian Society also used him as inspiration in a 2010 essay by Stuart White, http://www.nextleft.org/2010/11/cleg...iberalism.html
    Tell me, at what point will you guys finally admit that Corbyn, and certainly Milne, have a history of using and endorsing anti-Semitic tropes. Or that the old hard left of Labour have, and have had an issue with the Jews.

Seriously, what will it finally take to admit to that. Corbyn already has you know ...

I'm not sure where I denied that?

Simply pointing out that the latest stick everyone is using to beat one man has previously been used in a very different manner when it suits.

I try to stay out of this thread as much as possible because it's just round after round of shitflinging. I just thought the context was interesting.

Plus if I want to be called a 'cultist' I can find other, much more fun places to be called that. Some of them serve alcohol.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Still doesn't make that praise. More cultist whataboutism to defend the indefensible.
    The point is that people praise the likes of Dickens (Oliver Twist), Thackeray (White Squall), Shakespeare (Merchant of Venice), and others all the time without mentioning the anti-Semitic content. But for some reason it's different when Corbyn does it.