hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 444 FirstFirst 1234561353103 ... LastLast

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

One thread for Meester and CE (so they can take back control), the other thread for everyone else.

That would work.

Putting the regular shitters on ignore does wonders. it is quite rare for people to quote them at all..

Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    There was an attempt.
    At communism? Several.
    Ok I lol'd
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-b...-idUSKCN1MA0DU

Have you gotten those 350 Million pounds/week to the NHS yet?

LONDON (Reuters) - Britain’s decision to leave the European Union has cost the government 500 million pounds a week, wiping out for the moment any future savings from stopping payments to the bloc, according to a study published on Sunday.
    Public finances have been dented by 26 billion pounds a year, the equivalent of 500 million pounds a week and a figure that is growing, the group said here.
    During the 2016 referendum campaign on EU membership, supporters of leaving the EU claimed that Britain would benefit because it would no longer be sending 350 million pounds a week to the bloc.

With the stellar outlook for a good brexit deal that 500M ounces of sterling silver will soon turn into a bigger number.

It's not about money anymore because that can be measured, brexiters instead now like unquantifiable metrics like sovereignty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Gotta pawn them crown jewels to pay for the blue passports made in France.

My Granddad recently got moved into an old people's home and I was going through some of his stuff while we tidied up his house. He had a box of old documents which included passports. They were clearly black, not blue.
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    My Granddad recently got moved into an old people's home and I was going through some of his stuff while we tidied up his house. He had a box of old documents which included passports. They were clearly black, not blue.
    Yeh I was looking at my Dad’s old one the other day and it too was black. Why the fuck wasn’t that fact circulated? I hate our press sometimes.

You thought that your Grandad had a black passport, but if you look at it closely, it will be very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very dark blue.

I'll leave it on the windowsill for a year or so and see if it gets bleached to a patriotic blue.

You need to wear the glasses just right amount of rose tinting to see it.

BREAKING NEWS: CHANCELLOR TO ANNOUNCE NEW BREXIT 50P ON TODAY'S BUDGET.

Breaking news: May appoints Baldrick as the new head of Brexit. He has extensive experience about cunning plans and turnips.

Also with some luck both Sweden and Germany might be without government during the last possible time for accepting a brexit deal on the national level which is required from all member states should such a deal surface. Sweden is locked after the last elections without any foreseeable way to form a majority government, and Merkel is looking kinda shaky hanging in there...

As per our constitution, there's always a goverment in Germany, if only a executive*) one. That was the case from the election September 2017 'til the new coalition came to life in March 2018.

*) Is that the right term? In German it's "geschäftsführend", meaning" in power until the new one has officially been formed".

Most countries have such backup-systems, but just about in all cases that backup system has a mandate to only take care of the day-to-day stuff and not do any decisions/legislation.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/business-45991505
    ...pledges another £1bn for the MoD this year and next "to boost our cyber capabilities...
    A new shipment of robes and wizard hats on their way to GCHQ then.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    You thought that your Grandad had a black passport, but if you look at it closely, it will be very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very dark blue.
    In fact, if you actually do 5 minutes of internet research, you'll see your home office (or whomever) referred to is as 'the old dark blue passport' in a FAQ published in 1991 when you changed to the red ones.
    meh