hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 552 FirstFirst 123451252102502 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 11032

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

  1. #21
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    19,826
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Interesting. And also frightening that you all seem to agree that there has been this gap for some time and brexit "just" clearly and openly revealed it. That is something I wasn't aware of. At least I can't remember having heard/read/seen any reports mentioning it prior to brexit. And I do tend to follow news in general.

    Thanks for pointing that out to me.
    You never heard of Thatcher? The class divide in Britain has always been there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  2. #22
    Donor Pattern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    7,031
    A decade or so of big society - were all in it together *austerity* pushed the whole thing over the edge. Or the lies. The other 30-40% are just people who would always vote for the white nationalist option.

  3. #23
    Meester's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 25, 2011
    Posts
    1,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post

    You never heard of Thatcher? The class divide in Britain has always been there.
    Keckers: 'Free the masses from the bourgeoisie!'

    Everyone else: - 'But Stalin, Lenin, Khmer Rouge?'

    Keckers: - 'Not real communism.
    Last edited by Meester; October 26 2018 at 08:16:40 PM.

  4. #24

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    13,067
    There was an attempt.

  5. #25
    Meester's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 25, 2011
    Posts
    1,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    There was an attempt.
    At communism? Several.

  6. #26
    Approaching Walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8, 2013
    Posts
    9,056
    I think we can all agree the best form of government is rule by a philosopher king. Too bad Elizabeth has no power.

  7. #27
    Lachesis VII's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20, 2011
    Location
    Egghelende
    Posts
    5,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    I think we can all agree the best form of government is rule by a philosopher king. Too bad Elizabeth has no power.
    You think William is much of a philosopher?

  8. #28
    Approaching Walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8, 2013
    Posts
    9,056
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    I think we can all agree the best form of government is rule by a philosopher king. Too bad Elizabeth has no power.
    You think William is much of a philosopher?
    As a philosopher (queen) Elizabeth could name her heir instead of being bound by parliament though.

  9. #29
    Lachesis VII's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20, 2011
    Location
    Egghelende
    Posts
    5,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    I think we can all agree the best form of government is rule by a philosopher king. Too bad Elizabeth has no power.
    You think William is much of a philosopher?
    As a philosopher (queen) Elizabeth could name her heir instead of being bound by parliament though.
    Yes, but would she?

    We all know the future state will be run not by philosopher kings, but by philosopher AI.

  10. #30
    Sandzibar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    5,730
    I say we trust the puters. Cant be worse than the human pondscum we usually have to listen to.

    You didnt see Skynet lying about achievable goals, and constantly kicking the can down the road.

  11. #31

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    2006
    Posts
    5,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    I say we trust the puters. Cant be worse than the human pondscum we usually have to listen to.

    You didnt see Skynet lying about achievable goals, and constantly kicking the can down the road.
    All I can think of is the comments in the code of the first AI to achieve a leadership position.

    //ToDo: Figure out why this works

    //Don't remove this function. It doesn't seem to do anything but if you remove it the evil_boolean gets flipped to true.

    // drunk, fix later

    // I'm sorry.

    Catch (Exception e) {
    //who cares?
    }

    // I don't know why I need this, but it stops it trying to kill all the poor
    x = -x;

    // Remove this if you wanna be responsible for the end of humanity

  12. #32
    Donor Spawinte's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    6,513
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    Let's try this again.

    Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Making a new thread solves what exactly? All the guys from the last thread are here. Brain-dead moderation as usual.

  13. #33
    Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Posts
    17,109
    It's that or start infraction spamming, I'd rather a gentle hint than do that.

    But thanks for your input it will be duly noted.



    Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    anything soviet is of evil

  14. #34
    Varcaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 15, 2011
    Posts
    21,012
    The troubles fhc edition incoming

  15. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    5,555
    realtalk, I think most users here (and on the greater FHC) align pretty easily

    maybe

    well actually maybe not so easily

    but at least we're not Smuggo

  16. #36
    Donor Sparq's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Strayastan
    Posts
    9,827
    Trust in Friend Computer to dispatch the troubleshooters to handle TREASON.

  17. #37
    Sp4m's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 5, 2013
    Posts
    6,270
    WE DONT NEED TWO THREADS THIS STUPID SHIT HAS TO STOP

  18. #38

    Join Date
    May 11, 2011
    Posts
    560
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp4m View Post
    WE DONT NEED TWO THREADS THIS STUPID SHIT HAS TO STOP
    You just need to get behind them and believe it in strongly enough and it will be magical.

  19. #39

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Pizza delivery van
    Posts
    6,993
    brexit means brexit mate!

  20. #40
    Sandzibar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    5,730
    we brexited out of the old thread into this newer stronger more stable one spam.

    so get with the programme or be deported.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •