hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1028 of 1029 FirstFirst ... 28528928978101810251026102710281029 LastLast
Results 20,541 to 20,560 of 20569

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

Quote Originally Posted by Mashie Saldana View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    One slight surprise was no general increase in level of capital gains tax, which tbh I was expecting to go up to c. 35-40%.

While this is incredibly valuable to me personally, I think it's morally wrong to tax capital gains in individuals less than income so rather disappointing the much forecast change didnt happen. The whole "it deters entrepreneurs" shit is fucking nonsense.
    I wish they just added capital gains to the normal income and taxed it accordingly.

Also a shame they didn't bump the tax free bracket and dropped the 40% bracket to make up for it. That way lower earners would be better off.
    Can't have that!

Its total dog shit, like I make good money and I have no fucking clue how mr average person can fucking live. Hell if i was stille arning what i was in my last salaried job, Id be fucked. totally and royally fucked. I made good money and i didnt even ahve any debt really.

One more thing about the Autumn Statement: the banking levy was reduced, because won't somebody think of the hardup bankers?

Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    One more thing about the Autumn Statement: the banking levy was reduced, because won't somebody think of the hardup bankers?
    There does appear to still be a sentiment of "if we look after big business, they will look after us" in the Conservative party, even after the markets fucked them for misbehaving. I mean obviously you can't make it harder to do business and expect growth *cough*brexit*cough* but once they can afford to operate they're interested in extracting profit, not investing unnecessary in infrastructure or the population.

As for electric vehicles having to pay Road tax in a couple of years being a regressive step, it was always going to have to happen to replace the revenue stream from ICE vehicles. Given that fuel duty is going up next year I would say they're stopping giving us the carrot for EV's and starting with the stick for ICE, it's still encouragement for adoption of EV's.

Given how things are going the main attraction of EV's from an economic stand point, electricity being cheaper than petrol, will have been eroded almost entirely by the time the majority of people adopt. It's already more expensive and that's before supply Is further squeezed by the increase in electric cars.

Houses with solar panels and off road parking to offset pricing and charge EV's are going to hold real value... After the probable crash next year due to interest rates and general inflation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    Just for the record, "sending a needy text" is never the right answer.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    obviously you can't make it harder to do business and expect growth *cough*brexit*cough*

the "normal island" effect

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    obviously you can't make it harder to do business and expect growth *cough*brexit*cough*

the "normal island" effect
    Single market for 5% growth but that would be betraying the will of the boomers. What is more annoying about it is we feel the pain while they are protected with triple lock and having paid off mortgage.

gunna miss these curb hot takes when twitters gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    at least we're not Greece.

Starmer continuing to work on his hillary Clinton impersonation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    at least we're not Greece.

Latest IPSOS poll from Scotland:

SNP on 51%
    Support for independence on 56%

Looks like there was a bump from the Supreme Court telling Sturgeon where to shove her referendum.

Great news!

The City is now so well run that the banks no longer need all those pesky regulations put in place after the 2008 crash.

But it will make UK great again and then the awesome boom will cause the CEOs immense wealth to trickle down. (The thing trickling down might just be some piss hitting your new cardboard box housing unit, but hey, at least it is golden and warm!)

Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Great news!

The City is now so well run that the banks no longer need all those pesky regulations put in place after the 2008 crash.
    Just in time for the taxpayer to kindly offer to underwrite mortgages next year as people come off their fixed rates and the energy price cap goes up! Aren't we jolly generous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    Just for the record, "sending a needy text" is never the right answer.

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    But it will make UK great again and then the awesome boom will cause the CEOs immense wealth to trickle down. (The thing trickling down might just be some piss hitting your new cardboard box housing unit, but hey, at least it is golden and warm!)
    By the time the piss gets to us, it's cold already. I could manage if it were warm at least, but maybe we could do something to warm the piss up a bit so we get warm piss? Please?

The above sentences may have been in frustration about anchoring.
    Tanks: theBlind[URBAD] (in my heart there will always be a place for [FAIL])
    Planetside2: [UBAD]theAngelic

Rishi Sunak asking a homeless man if he works in business:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...business-video

To be a little fair to Sunak, it's the kind of automatic question you ask when trying to awkwardly make conversation with a stranger.

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    To be a little fair to Sunak, it's the kind of automatic question you ask when trying to awkwardly make conversation with a stranger.

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    locking again cos you're all getting weird and being autists about tyres

I'm just saying that using a soup kitchen as a Christmas PR stunt is the more egregious crime.

If the tories actually did their fucking job he wouldn't need to be at a soup kitchen at christmas as there wouldn't be one for him to go to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    If the tories actually did their fucking job he wouldn't need to be at a soup kitchen at christmas as there wouldn't be one for him to go to.
    Yeah, all the poor should be toiling away in a mine instead of queuing for communist soup.

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    What makes you think the tories aren't doing their job just the way they always intended?

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    locking again cos you're all getting weird and being autists about tyres