hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1026 of 1029 FirstFirst ... 2652692697610161023102410251026102710281029 LastLast
Results 20,501 to 20,520 of 20569

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

  1. #20501

    Join Date
    May 11, 2011
    Posts
    860
    Braverman is the new home secretary, after resigning from the position of home secretary last week due to her incompetence leading her to break the ministerial code.

  2. #20502

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Hollandistan
    Posts
    8,157
    Quote Originally Posted by Siv View Post
    Braverman is the new home secretary, after resigning from the position of home secretary last week due to her incompetence leading her to break the ministerial code.
    Normal Island
    Schopenhauer:

    All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

  3. #20503

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Hollandistan
    Posts
    8,157
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    The important thing is markets are okay with one of their own as PM.
    The takeover of Albion by GoldmanSachs is now complete
    Schopenhauer:

    All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

  4. #20504

    Join Date
    May 31, 2011
    Posts
    6,555
    :fat grin:


  5. #20505

    Join Date
    July 3, 2014
    Posts
    6,295
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    The important thing is markets are okay with one of their own as PM.
    The takeover of Albion by GoldmanSachs is now complete
    This is a mix of funny and sad, not elected in the position ( I mean no general election to endorse him as a leader )


  6. #20506
    Donor Pattern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    7,205
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    at least we're not Greece.

  7. #20507
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    24,405
    The entire media environment is hostile to even the thought of a labour government, this isn't really surprising.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

  8. #20508
    Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    19,125
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    Unfortunately there is hope, but it first requires 2 years of the tories comprehensively failing to get to grips with inflation / stagflation at the cost of ordinary people, to prove these voters wrong.

  9. #20509

    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    3,195
    The budget hasn't happened yet, so it currently sits in that "all things to all people" zone, even with the messaging from Hunt. Things are very likely to hit the ground with a nasty bump over the next few weeks.

  10. #20510
    Donor Pattern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    7,205
    I also have a feeling that this has a lot to do with Starmer. Starting to get the feeling that he's the Hilary Clinton of British politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    at least we're not Greece.

  11. #20511
    Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Mails Tegg > пошел ты на хуй
    Posts
    5,281
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    Unfortunately there is hope, but it first requires 2 years of the tories comprehensively failing to get to grips with inflation / stagflation at the cost of ordinary people, to prove these voters wrong.
    from now until the next general it will be populist changes ONLY, (with a hidden punching of the public woven into them) followed by an election win, followed by a total battering again



    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    locking again cos you're all getting weird and being autists about tyres

  12. #20512
    Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    19,125
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    I also have a feeling that this has a lot to do with Starmer. Starting to get the feeling that he's the Hilary Clinton of British politics.
    He doesnt sit in that "arrogant and out of touch not-quite-human" uncanny valley. Hilary was so much worse than just boring, she totally lacked humility and wouldnt engage with criticism of her constructively.

  13. #20513
    Donor Pattern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    7,205
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    I also have a feeling that this has a lot to do with Starmer. Starting to get the feeling that he's the Hilary Clinton of British politics.
    He doesnt sit in that "arrogant and out of touch not-quite-human" uncanny valley. Hilary was so much worse than just boring, she totally lacked humility and wouldnt engage with criticism of her constructively.
    Maybe not the "out of touch not-quite-human" uncanny valley" part. But if you add the rest with shrill and nasally then you have something approaching the first impressions of some people who have only just started paying attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    at least we're not Greece.

  14. #20514

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Pizza delivery van
    Posts
    8,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    I also have a feeling that this has a lot to do with Starmer. Starting to get the feeling that he's the Hilary Clinton of British politics.
    He doesnt sit in that "arrogant and out of touch not-quite-human" uncanny valley. Hilary was so much worse than just boring, she totally lacked humility and wouldnt engage with criticism of her constructively.
    Or something close to a narcissism

  15. #20515

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    6,794
    The BoE has today warned that we may be entering the longest recession since records began.

    Meanwhile, recent polling suggests that the public trusts Sunak more than Starmer when it comes to the economy.

  16. #20516

    Join Date
    May 11, 2011
    Posts
    860
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    The BoE has today warned that we may be entering the longest recession since records began.

    Meanwhile, recent polling suggests that the public trusts Sunak more than Starmer when it comes to the economy.
    The only people to pull our economy out of the mess caused by the current governments fiscal responsibility policy, is the current government using their fiscal responsibility policy.

  17. #20517
    tulip's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    2,320
    Quote Originally Posted by Siv View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    The BoE has today warned that we may be entering the longest recession since records began.

    Meanwhile, recent polling suggests that the public trusts Sunak more than Starmer when it comes to the economy.
    The only people to pull our economy out of the mess caused by the current governments fiscal responsibility policy, is the current government using their fiscal responsibility policy.
    On the other hand the channel migrant issue is fucking hammering public confidence apparently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    Just for the record, "sending a needy text" is never the right answer.

  18. #20518

    Join Date
    May 11, 2011
    Posts
    860
    Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Siv View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    The BoE has today warned that we may be entering the longest recession since records began.

    Meanwhile, recent polling suggests that the public trusts Sunak more than Starmer when it comes to the economy.
    The only people to pull our economy out of the mess caused by the current governments fiscal responsibility policy, is the current government using their fiscal responsibility policy.
    On the other hand the channel migrant issue is fucking hammering public confidence apparently.
    as it should, they did Brexit to 'control our borders', they've had 12 years with it being a flagship policy where numbers have just got worse and worse. The refusal to organise and fund proper processing is leaving a situation where applicants are left waiting for months to get their cases heard and this is expensive. The Rwanda solution is an another incredible waste of money and not resolving the issue.

    If this government actually organised a route for applicants to be fairly heard, we wouldn't see small boat crossings, costs would be lower and we would actually uphold our responsibilities.

  19. #20519
    Shaftoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Ships
    Posts
    2,033
    Quote Originally Posted by Siv View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Siv View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    The BoE has today warned that we may be entering the longest recession since records began.

    Meanwhile, recent polling suggests that the public trusts Sunak more than Starmer when it comes to the economy.
    The only people to pull our economy out of the mess caused by the current governments fiscal responsibility policy, is the current government using their fiscal responsibility policy.
    On the other hand the channel migrant issue is fucking hammering public confidence apparently.
    as it should, they did Brexit to 'control our borders', they've had 12 years with it being a flagship policy where numbers have just got worse and worse. The refusal to organise and fund proper processing is leaving a situation where applicants are left waiting for months to get their cases heard and this is expensive. The Rwanda solution is an another incredible waste of money and not resolving the issue.

    If this government actually organised a route for applicants to be fairly heard, we wouldn't see small boat crossings, costs would be lower and we would actually uphold our responsibilities.
    This is precisely it.

    The conservatives are ideologically opposed to building any permanent infrastructure to deal with immigration. Small boats is a "temporary" problem that will sort itself out when they hit the right deterrent, apparently

  20. #20520

    Join Date
    May 11, 2011
    Posts
    860
    The bots are evolving but fell down on this forum having useful information.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •