hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1019 of 1029 FirstFirst ... 1951991996910091016101710181019102010211022 ... LastLast
Results 20,361 to 20,380 of 20569

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Pages of nonsense about reparations. Nothing about the insanely successful Labour party conference and all the awesome policy announcements coming out of it. Keep on FHCing FHC....
    Yes, let's talk about Starmer's announcement that Labour is now a centrist party.
    Which is the only way they're ever getting elected.

See; Blair, Corbyn

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    Pages of nonsense about reparations. Nothing about the insanely successful Labour party conference and all the awesome policy announcements coming out of it. Keep on FHCing FHC....
    Feel free to start a conversation on it yourself instead of blaming others for not starting it for you
    I did, but you ignored this and kept on living some reparations fantasy that apparently should only apply to the UK, can't be quantified and if you were paying any attention at all can't be afforded. So it's not going to happen, some countries may get things back from British museum, that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Siv View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    Feel free to start a conversation on it yourself instead of blaming others for not starting it for you
    I did, but you ignored this and kept on living some reparations fantasy that apparently should only apply to the UK, can't be quantified and if you were paying any attention at all can't be afforded. So it's not going to happen, some countries may get things back from British museum, that's it.
    Nothing in the last 5 pages from you r.e. labour party conference. Can't find it in your post history. Maybe I'm blind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Siv View Post
    I swear labour should ban fringe meetings at the party conference, for some insane reason a labour MP attacked his colour when you have the open goal of him trashing the pound in a week.

Other than that I think Starmer has done ok and come out with some solid if not exciting policies.
    Literally one page back.

Yes, let's talk about Starmer's announcement that Labour is now a centrist party.
    While announcing a tonne of solid centre left policies like nationalisation of the trains as franchises end, a state owned energy company competitor, free breakfast club for all children, etc etc.

Obviously this wont cut it for the "Labour never had an antisemitism problem, that was just a Israeli conspiracy and Corbyn did nothing wrong" crowd
    Starmer also said a lot of things while running for leader, and dropped them soon after.

Still, at least the big poll lead means that I can vote with my conscience next time without risking letting the Tories in.

While announcing a tonne of solid centre left policies like nationalisation of the trains as franchises end, a state owned energy company competitor, free breakfast club for all children, etc etc.

Obviously this wont cut it for the "Labour never had an antisemitism problem, that was just a Israeli conspiracy and Corbyn did nothing wrong" crowd
    Starmer also said a lot of things while running for leader, and dropped them soon after.

Still, at least the big poll lead means that I can vote with my conscience next time without risking letting the Tories in.
    doubt.jpg
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

The Led by Donkeys lads have hit the nail on the head once again.

https://kamikwasi.tax/

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    at least we're not Greece.

Everyone knows if you fuck with pensions or house prices you become as popular as public lice at an orgy.

I'm in the process of attempting to move house, I already have a mortgage application in so I don't have to worry about 7%+ rates but it appears that the market is almost certainly going to crash leaving me in negative equity.

I could wait a year and buy cheaper but pay much, much more in interest.

What interesting times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    Just for the record, "sending a needy text" is never the right answer.

I fucking hate living in interesting times.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    Everyone knows if you fuck with pensions or house prices you become as popular as public lice at an orgy.

I'm in the process of attempting to move house, I already have a mortgage application in so I don't have to worry about 7%+ rates but it appears that the market is almost certainly going to crash leaving me in negative equity.

What interesting times.
    I'm in this position too

I almost have enough for a deposit and was looking to buy next year, but its looking likely that I'll just keep saving until interest rates go back down

Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post

What interesting times.
    I'm in this position too

I almost have enough for a deposit and was looking to buy next year, but its looking likely that I'll just keep saving until interest rates go back down
    Just wait a year. You'll be able to move into a house for free after the neutron bombs kills off most people.

Interesting times indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    I fucking hate living in interesting times.
    "may you live in interesting times"

There's hope, Truss and her lakey may be the shortest gov ever
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...mpetence-dives
    Does a population have informed consent when that population is not taught the inner workings of its monetary system, and then is drawn, all unknowing, into economic adventures?

Two years before they have to call an election - & it's hard to imagining Tory backbenchers voting themselves out of a job in the meantime. I reckon Truss is going to give us a front row seat for seeing what damage a government that doesn't care about winning the next election can do. Up next, finding out if they really are just planning to fund it all through high interest borrowing, or if they're planning massive cuts to the public sector beyond the "efficiency savings" they've told departments to make.
    Last edited by Lancehot; October 2 2022 at 08:57:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    Two years before they have to call an election - & it's hard to imagining Tory backbenchers voting themselves out of a job in the meantime. I reckon Truss is going to give us a front row seat for seeing what damage a government that doesn't care about winning the next election can do. Up next, finding out if they really are just planning to fund it all through high interest borrowing, or if they're planning massive cuts to the public sector beyond the "efficiency savings" they've told departments to make.
    According to what Kwarteng was apparently telling City types at a champagne reception on the evening of his not-a-budget, it wil be cuts.

The real question is how many PMs will UK see in the next two years before the next election?

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    The real question is how many PMs will UK see in the next two years before the next election?
    Does Alexander Boris dePfeiffel Johnson's "Triumphant" return 3 months before the GE count and one more?
    technology canít solve economic and political problems

Government: We will drown all the kittens.
    Commentariat: This is a disaster! How can you drown all the kittens?
    Government: We have heard your concerns. We will spare one of the kittens.
    Commentariat: U-Turn! What a bunch of beta wusses.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    Government: We will drown all the kittens.
    Commentariat: This is a disaster! How can you drown all the kittens?
    Government: We have heard your concerns. We will spare one of the kittens.
    Commentariat: U-Turn! What a bunch of beta wusses.
    Maybe this is why the Number 10 cat shuns Truss?