hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 111 of 231 FirstFirst ... 1161101108109110111112113114121161211 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 4617

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JC
    It could give the winning party a renewed mandate to negotiate a better deal for Britain
    So you still think you can win a GC on a leave platform Jeremy ?
    The Lib Dems and the Greens aren't going to win a GE in a million years.

Given a choice between a Tory Hard Brexit and a Labour Soft Brexit, many remainers will vote for the latter.
    I wouldn't. And many/most leavers won't either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    ...i have no idea whats realy going on...

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    It could give the winning party a renewed mandate to negotiate a better deal for Britain

Given a choice between a Tory Hard Brexit and a Labour Soft Brexit, many remainers will vote for the latter.
    I wouldn't. And many/most leavers won't either.
    You'll end up with Tories then.

Don’t understand why he doesn’t just call for a public vote immediately after May’s deal is voted down. I fucking hate the clown.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    So since no-deal is the default, and the parliament can't pass anything else and now no one can fund preparations for no deal it will be chaos in less than 80 days.
    Nope.

[...]

In the case of a referendum the EU has already stated they will give us the extra time to run one. In the case of a revocation of article 50, the EU has already stated they will let us stay in as we were before 2016.
    I'm curious, have you a source for this? I haven't hard anything the like and that is a major decision affecting all EU countries.
    The European court of justice ruled that the UK government can revoke article 50.

Though because the exit date was legislated onto the statute books the UK parliament would have to pass an act to enable the UK government to do so.

As for sources, "UK can unilaterally revoke article 50" plus the name of your preferred media source into any search engine.
    I was interested in the bolded part. I'm aware of the ECJ ruling, but exactly there the EU representatives stated that, "The EU is worried that allowing a country to trigger Article 50 and then reverse the decision with no additional input could become a tool for those unsatisfied with the policies of Brussels."

That's why article 50 sure as fuck is going to get modified after this entire farce is over

MiM8

Yeah, Article 50 has loopholes and will be re-written. It isn't surprising that a process that hasn't ever been used will have some rough edges. (Ironically I understand that it was drafted by a Brit.)

But, mo politician in power will look at Brexit and think that triggering Art 50 is likely to be a win for them. It cost Camorham his job and May her sanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Don’t understand why he doesn’t just call for a public vote immediately after May’s deal is voted down. I fucking hate the clown.
    What would that achieve?

Quote Originally Posted by duckduck View Post
    What would that achieve?
    A second referendum you tool.

What would that achieve?
    Jeremy has no power. All he can do is talk. I don't see how him asking for a second referendum will actually advance the cause in any real way.

He's got to work to rule out no deal and May's deal and go from there. Those are things he can actually help with.

What would that achieve?
    Jeremy has no power. All he can do is talk. I don't see how him asking for a second referendum will actually advance the cause in any real way.

He's got to work to rule out no deal and May's deal and go from there. Those are things he can actually help with.
    What are you on about? After May’s deal is voted down there will be no other option.

He’s a fuckstain looking for power, if he actually gave a shit he’d bypass this election bollocks.

Djan itching for violent revolution
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

What would that achieve?

What are you on about? After May’s deal is voted down there will be no other option.

He’s a fuckstain looking for power, if he actually gave a shit he’d bypass this election bollocks.
    Djan I hope this isnt another "he'll have to X because no one could possibly be stupid enough to ever think about doing Y instead" assertion...?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    or are you just going to go with the classic anti-semitism when reality starts to bite?
    Not sure where you got your idea that I hate jews from, I am a big supporter of Israel and think Ken Livingstone and any Holocaust denier is scum.

Quote Originally Posted by theBlind View Post

"The damn EU didn't allow us to shoot or balls off because the international Jewish bankers told them so."
    Or, as an alternative
    "The damn EU did allow us to shoot or balls off because the international Jewish bankers told them so."
    Nothing wrong with international jewish bankers.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    What would that achieve?

Djan I hope this isnt another "he'll have to X because no one could possibly be stupid enough to ever think about doing Y instead" assertion...?
    You do realise that after the deal is voted down there will be a massive majority in the House for another ref.?

Arguing for an election that precedes that is the height of fuckwittery.

There doesn't need to be a VONC, House can do whatever the fuck it wants.

Yeah but don't be silly, those two parties don't need to win to sink Labour. If they peel off a few % in remainers, its extremely bad news for Labour

I thought we learned our lesson after 2016 to not underestimate the number of people who will vote out of spite.
    Last edited by mewninn; January 10 2019 at 07:18:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    I was urged to log into facebook half way in.

I don't think a great deal of David Lammy but that wasn't half bad.

It would have been helpful if they said this before the referendum though.

Quote Originally Posted by Siv View Post
    It would have been helpful if they said this before the referendum though.
    *they* (we) did, and have been saying it for years.

It was dubbed "Project Fear".
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.