Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    Boris is now claiming that crashing out of the EU without a deal is 'closest to what he people voted for' in the referendum.

Basically belying everything he's ever said during the referendum campaign and the last two years.

He truly has no shame. Whatsoever.

On the other side of the fence, Chris Matheson argues that there is no left-wing justification for Brexit, while failing to write of the implications this has on the position of the leader of his own party.

Polls show that if Jezza doesn't change tack on Brexit very shortly after May's deal get's voted down, he, and the Labour party, will be in trouble.
    I thought Jezza's position is that if they can't pass a VONC after May's deal is voted down, they will go for a second referendum instead?
    That's basically it, yes.
    Remind me: when has Jezza, personally, ever said that he'd get behind another referendum?

Ohh, right, never.

It's not Starmer's position, or the position adopted at the conference that I'm talking about. It is Jezza's position ...
    Yes, the position that Corbyn says he supports.
    No, that's the position Corbyn's spokesperson says he supports, everytime after, in an interview, he contradicted it, again. Name me one interview in which Corbyn has spelled out: vote down May's plan -> VONC -> second referendum. Just one ...

Here you go:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Corbyn
    But if under the current rules we cannot get an election, all options must be on the table. Those should include Labour’s alternative and, as our conference decided in September, the option of campaigning for a public vote to break the deadlock.
    sauce required
    ctrl+c

-> www.google.com

ctrl+v
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

I think that was from a Guardian Opinion piece he wrote in November or December.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Has there ever been a british politician so universally hated? (genuinely dont know)

I'm with Meester: give us the no deal hard brexit! I want cheap holidays and some good opportunities for exploitation!
    Last edited by Approaching Walrus; January 7 2019 at 03:36:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    I think that was from a Guardian Opinion piece he wrote in November or December.
    You mean this one? The one entitled: "Labour could do a better Brexit deal. Give us the chance." In which Jezza spends 90% of the text arguing for any thing but a referendum. In which he in fact never uses the word 'referendum' (excluding the Guardian supplied summary).

Give me a break.

If anyone here really thinks that Jezza will not need to be dragged kicking and screaming to support a 2nd referendum, then they are as bloody delusional as Meester is.

A referendum supported by 70% of Labour voters BTW. By 80+% of Labour members too. And yes, by the majority of the PLP. You know, those very voters and members he always maintained should be determining Labour policy.

And then, when he really can't do anything else, he'll probably support the 2nd referendum in the same way as he did the first one.

Some champion that one ... not at all a crypto-Brexiteer ... shuuurly not ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    ...i have no idea whats realy going on...

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post

Has there ever been a british politician so universally hated? (genuinely dont know)

I'm with Meester: give us the no deal hard brexit! I want cheap holidays and some good opportunities for exploitation!
    Thatcher was fresh out of support by the time she left, and surely hated more passionately by some ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    ...i have no idea whats realy going on...

But if under the current rules we cannot get an election, all options must be on the table. Those should include Labour’s alternative and, as our conference decided in September, the option of campaigning for a public vote to break the deadlock.
    I really don't think that's him saying what Barth was asking for. He's couched it in so many weasel words about it just being one option - "all options", "should include", "the option of..". No one with more than half a brain cell can think he genuinely believes in the party's policy - he can't even bring himself to say "I want another referendum", let alone which way he'd campaign in such a referendum. He's still stuck on the "Labour could negotiate a better deal" fantasy for fuck's sake

Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    I really don't think that's him saying what Barth was asking for. He's couched it in so many weasel words about it just being one option - "all options", "should include", "the option of..". No one with more than half a brain cell can think he genuinely believes in the party's policy - he can't even bring himself to say "I want another referendum", let alone which way he'd campaign in such a referendum. He's still stuck on the "Labour could negotiate a better deal" fantasy for fuck's sake
    If it comes to it and he isn’t clearly in favour it will break Labour

You've seen the recent YouGov numbers right? The party is looking at Lib Dem levels of electoral oblivion unless they change tack on Brexit.

Corbyn is about as likely to do that as he is to start waving an Israeli flag.

Cheap Mayfair property to park our mobility scooters with chars for servants.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-46785357

MP Anna Soubry has criticised the police for failing to intervene after she was verbally abused by protesters outside Parliament.

The Conservative ex-minister was accused "of being a Nazi", while being interviewed on the BBC News channel.

She called for the protesters, said to be Brexit supporters, to be prosecuted, under public order legislation, for intimidating behaviour.

Politicians from all parties have condemned the abuse directed at her.

Ms Soubry, the pro-European MP for Broxtowe who supports another Brexit referendum, was subjected to verbal abuse while being interviewed by the BBC's Simon McCoy.
    Wait, so if remainers are Nazis and leavers are also Nazis, does that mean all brits are Nazis?

:thinking:

MP Anna Soubry has criticised the police for failing to intervene after she was verbally abused by protesters outside Parliament.

The Conservative ex-minister was accused "of being a Nazi", while being interviewed on the BBC News channel.

She called for the protesters, said to be Brexit supporters, to be prosecuted, under public order legislation, for intimidating behaviour.

Ms Soubry, the pro-European MP for Broxtowe who supports another Brexit referendum, was subjected to verbal abuse while being interviewed by the BBC's Simon McCoy.
    Wait, so if remainers are Nazis and leavers are also Nazis, does that mean all brits are Nazis?

They’ll be wanting polish living rooms next..,

Thatcher was fresh out of support by the time she left, and surely hated more passionately by some ...
    Thatcher had still had some respect left when she left though.

You've seen the recent YouGov numbers right? The party is looking at Lib Dem levels of electoral oblivion unless they change tack on Brexit.

No - what are they polling at?

These would be the same numbers that show the Lib Dems at Lib Dem levels of electoral oblivion despite being anti-Brexit?

After reading about the Omnishambles at Dover, I've decided to maintain my hoarding project.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Starmer's just biding his time.
    He wants some fresh blood to bring Blair back from the dead because Iraqi civilian blood from his lies were not enough.

Stamer looks like he just came down from Castle Dracula.

Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Starmer's just biding his time.
    He wants some fresh blood to bring Blair back from the dead because Iraqi civilian blood from his lies were not enough.

Stamer looks like he just came down from Castle Dracula.
    This made me hope for some hilarious Starmer Dracula memes. Left disappointed.

It's absolutely wrong to go around calling elected officials Nazis.

Not as wrong as voting for policies that impoverish people to the point of suicide (as Soubry has consistently done), but still wrong.

Martin Clunes called the government a shitstorm on live telly - https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8715971.html

Absolute madman. How many old ladies clutched their pearls when he said that? How many pregnant mothers covered the ears of their innocent children?? How many priests knelt and prayed to god to save this degenerate's immortal soul???