hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 85 of 224 FirstFirst ... 35758283848586878895135185 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 4477

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    At that point also the DUP's 15 minutes of glory is over.
    Nah - they will probably get dragged up in a "consorting with terrorists" byline in the next GE, but beyond that they have to go back to sitting on the cold seats.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

Travellers see pound close to dollar parity
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46555314

I'm a bit late to the party, but I found these to be very funny:

Honestly not sure if this is real or not

Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post
    Honestly not sure if this is real or not

Apparently so.

Looks like it might be quite good. Babydick Kiddiesnatch always puts in a good performance.

Holy fuck! It is real and it is coming out 2 days before the vote!

Love how the Norwegians are like 'nah fuck off, you're not getting into EFTA'

A friend had an interesting theory that in a hypothetical world where a sane brexiter existed in the tory party and had become leader we would be in a much better position because they won't have been as easily bullied into triggering article 50 without preparation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Who needs preparation when you have swivel eyed lunacy!

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Who needs preparation when you have swivel eyed lunacy!
    They benefited from lack of preparation. I don't think that was a mistake, it was a deliberate strategy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    A friend had an interesting theory that in a hypothetical world where a sane brexiter existed in the tory party and had become leader we would be in a much better position because they won't have been as easily bullied into triggering article 50 without preparation.
    In a world with sane Brexiteers, they would have had a plan before the bloody referendum. The biggest shock, at least to many, is that they had no plan whatsoever.

40 years they've been carping about the EU, and none of them could come up with a credible plan of what to do? Strange, but true ...

Just like Trump, they had no clue what they would do after they won ... and then they did ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    ...i have no idea whats realy going on...

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    In a world with sane Brexiteers, they would have had a plan before the bloody referendum. The biggest shock, at least to many, is that they had no plan whatsoever.

40 years they've been carping about the EU, and none of them could come up with a credible plan of what to do? Strange, but true ...

Just like Trump, they had no clue what they would do after they won ... and then they did ...
    I think you are making massive assumptions about a Brexiteers ability to logically sequence steps in a workable temporal fashion.

Same with the a Trump voter.
    meh

Corbyn has announced a no-confidence vote (in the PM, not the government).

Wow, Corbyn just tabled a motion of no confidence in May.

Didn't think he had it in him ...

fake edit: damn, beaten ...

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post

I think you are making massive assumptions about a Brexiteers ability to logically sequence steps in a workable temporal fashion.

Same with the a Trump voter.
    Most of them are posh boys who muddle through life relying on their mates or minions for a plan.

Wow, Corbyn just tabled a motion of no confidence in May.

Didn't think he had it in him ...

fake edit: damn, beaten ...
    Not the govt.

It is, BTW, the vote of no confidence in May, not the government.

Meaning that the government,i.e., can not make time available to debate it, whereas otherwise it would have to.

Labour is arguing that if the government doesn't debate it, May is so afraid to lose it, it has already lost the confidence of the HoC.

A rather spurious argument. May has no shame left, at this point she's just glad to make it till Christmas ...

It is, BTW, the vote of no confidence in May, not the government.

Meaning that the government,i.e., can not make time available to debate it, whereas otherwise it would have to.

Labour is arguing that if the government doesn't debate it, May is so afraid to lose it, it has already lost the confidence of the HoC.

A rather spurious argument. May has no shame left, at this point she's just glad to make it till Christmas ...
    Yeh that’s kinda what I thought. This is the woman singularly committed to doing something nobody wants - she has no shame.

So when will the Vote be held? Not that I would believe the tories nor the DUP will vote against May-

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    So when will the Vote be held? Not that I would believe the tories nor the DUP will vote against May-
    When Satan is skating to work. Because its not a real confidence motion it can only be debated on opposition days, which does nothing to guarantee a vote. So it won't happen.

Classic Corbyn scenes.