Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
It looks like I may have mixed up my numbers for operational vs commissioned that year, same point tho
Yes missing the numbers by an order or two of magnitude is completely the same.
Since the point was about relative magnitude China vs Rest, which remains correct both in the 'new capacity' numbers AND the 'all operational capacity' numbers, this is unironically correct. Changing the word 'had' to 'brought online' doesnt change the sentiment or point whatsoever.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ted-countries/

Another relevant statistic is that China produces 3.3mwh of power from coal a year PER PERSON in its population (and this number is growing fast). At peak (2012ish), the UK produced less than 2/3 of this per person and it has since declined dramatically to almost nothing. The UK built its last coal powered turbine in 1986 to give you an idea of lead time on peak production. China is not predicted to stop building coal plants in the next decade.
Im not sure why you're arguing with me. I was just providing numbers you missed.
Personally i dont care if china builds another 50 coal plants. With the world needing to close down 3000 coal plants by 2030 its all a drop in the bucket
How is china building 80 coal plants a year, every year, 'a drop in the bucket' against the need to close 3000 by 2030? That's literally 1/4 of that target.
Id like to see a quote on the 80/y number.