hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 708 of 988 FirstFirst ... 208608658698705706707708709710711718758808 ... LastLast
Results 14,141 to 14,160 of 19756

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    ITT, Meester claims that Jimmy Savile was innocent.
    Rather a false equivalency since Saville was dead by the time he was found out so good luck getting a corpse to take the stand. A better example would be Rolf Harris who did have a trial.

Banned
    Farage flouting the rules. Imagine my surprise!

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...with-pub-visit
    http://puu.sh/kTSQD/2e39d12cac.png
    http://i.imgur.com/AfHQMwR.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/sQRclby.png

Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Duckslayer again.

Arté
    got it
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    ITT, Meester claims that Jimmy Savile was innocent.
    Rather a false equivalency since Saville was dead by the time he was found out so good luck getting a corpse to take the stand. A better example would be Rolf Harris who did have a trial.
    I refer you to the post of yours I was responding to, with added emphasis:

Quote Originally Posted by Meester
    If she dies in custody it means that she won't ever get a trial. Id stick to innocent until proven guilty otherwise you get another Carl Beech.

Banned

If she dies in custody it means that she won't ever get a trial.
    Im not sure why you are quoting, she hasn't had a trial [duh] therefore if she dies in custody via strange means it would mean due process hasn't been delivered. Jimmy Saville never faced justice and no amount of headstone smashing will ever change that.

Im not sure why you are quoting, she hasn't had a trial [duh] therefore if she dies in custody via strange means it would mean due process hasn't been delivered. Jimmy Saville never faced justice and no amount of headstone smashing will ever change that.
    So in your view it's fine to declare someone guilty if they die without ever being arrested, but not fine if they get arrested and die before they go to trial?

So in your view it's fine to declare someone guilty if they die without ever being arrested, but not fine if they get arrested and die before they go to trial?
    Well he hasn't been shy of using the name Jimmy Saville to bludgeon various targets in the past so yeah, I'd say that's on point.

Banned
    Saville's guilt was without question after thorough investigation after he was dead. If you wanted Saville to be murdered or killed or die before a trial then that is the antithesis of justice. While a person could feel that way it is not the way that things are done [and if you old enough then you should already know this] otherwise you are no better than a pitchfork wielding mob.

Banned
    Also who is in favour of the Hong Kong oppressed being allowed to emigrate into the UK and a big FU to the Communist Party in China?

Even when the British government does a good thing, you just have to turn it into a win/lose situation in order to be able to understand it.

Not everything is a zero sum game, Meester.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Banned
    That's why I said 'and'. The FU to the Commies is just a bonus.

I'm sure they'll be devastated that a load of dissidents are leaving Hong Kong and becoming someone else's problem.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    I'm sure they'll be devastated that a load of dissidents are leaving Hong Kong and becoming someone else's problem.
    This. It's not like China has a lack of population problem.

The biggest thing for China is the prestige and economic costs of losing a major exchange hub. That and the fact that it makes it clear that reunification will only be achieved through violence: which is a major soft power hit.

I find the juxtaposition between basic authoritarian behaviour, that is functionally no different to the rest of China, (here have asylum irrespective of whether you personally are at risk) and people who are literally on the losing side of a civil war (do not pass go, do not collect $200) extremely hypocritical.

Banned
    They won't be a problem in this country. I hope some of them move up to this part of the country and then I can get some decent Chinese products up here too.

Unless the government is planning financial support for resettlement, I doubt that many will be able to take up the offer. & if lots of people do, China can always close the airports. It's not like there's a lack of excuses for doing so available atm.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    Unless the government is planning financial support for resettlement, I doubt that many will be able to take up the offer. & if lots of people do, China can always close the airports. It's not like there's a lack of excuses for doing so available atm.
    Hong Kong really isn't that poor so I reckon a good number will be able to settle elsewhere.

If China closes the airports then any Western business in Hong Kong will be jeopardised. Which in a way will be good as Western collaborators deserve punishment of some means. Either way might spell the death knell of Hong Kong as rich Chinese city.

Banned
    Meanwhile, a Tory councillor has found himself some of those dastardly wrong kind of Jews again
    Source?

Saville's guilt was without question after thorough investigation after he was dead. If you wanted Saville to be murdered or killed or die before a trial then that is the antithesis of justice. While a person could feel that way it is not the way that things are done [and if you old enough then you should already know this] otherwise you are no better than a pitchfork wielding mob.
    So you'd be happy to declare Ghislaine Maxwell guilty before she's found guilty in court if the police do a thorough investigation and say that she's a wrong'un?

Meanwhile, a Tory councillor has found himself some of those dastardly wrong kind of Jews again
    Source?
    The big picture directly above what you've quoted, where the Tory calls a Jewish group pretend Jews?
    Last edited by Rodj Blake; July 7 2020 at 08:42:43 AM.