hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 569 of 611 FirstFirst ... 69469519559566567568569570571572579 ... LastLast
Results 11,361 to 11,380 of 12217

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

Quote Originally Posted by Timaios View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    I actually have no idea what you're saying any more. I'm saying the cultists are still all over the place evidenced by the fact someone as facile as Long-Bailey is winning 30% of the initial poll and people like you doing everything they can to decry literally everyone else in the poll as some form of centrist/blairite/<insert currently anointed insult here>, which you're doing. Is that not what you're saying?
    I don't get it. If there was a better candidate, should the candidate first show his/her skills by winning over the 30% now voting for Starmer by promising something good and proper? And if there's just some cultists who happen to all vote for one candidate in a single-minded fashion, why won't the silent majority (if there is such) rally behind one or two candidates, winning dramatically over Starmer? Would not the more likely explanation still be that there is a candidate whose views are more likeable to the membership than those of the other candidates instead of making up a single-minded minority cult who pushes for a candidate against the wishes of the majority?
    are you on crack

I actually have no idea what you're saying any more. I'm saying the cultists are still all over the place evidenced by the fact someone as facile as Long-Bailey is winning 30% of the initial poll and people like you doing everything they can to decry literally everyone else in the poll as some form of centrist/blairite/<insert currently anointed insult here>, which you're doing. Is that not what you're saying?
    "Why would people support the leadership candidate I don't like they're wrong"

At the moment the only thing you can base your decision on is voting records and recent statements. And you don't understand how some members can indicate for Long-Bailey based on that?
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Quote Originally Posted by Timaios View Post
    I don't get it. If there was a better candidate, should the candidate first show his/her skills by winning over the 30% now voting for Starmer by promising something good and proper? And if there's just some cultists who happen to all vote for one candidate in a single-minded fashion, why won't the silent majority (if there is such) rally behind one or two candidates, winning dramatically over Starmer? Would not the more likely explanation still be that there is a candidate whose views are more likeable to the membership than those of the other candidates instead of making up a single-minded minority cult who pushes for a candidate against the wishes of the majority?
    are you on crack
    No, I just have no idea who Starmer is or if he is the chosen successor or whatever. I don't know anything about the tentative future Labour leaders or what they stand for. But I just keep on reading about an alleged minority cult that has allegedly taken the party hostage and I wonder why the majority of the membership won't just unify behind one candidate to oust the would-be cultists. Can it not be that the policies of Starmer, whatever they are, are attractive to the largest block in the party while the others have little to offer to the membership base? It was an honest, genuine question.

Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point. - Blaise Pascal, Pensées, 277

You've got the names the wrong way round but you're not wrong. Starmer is who the 'moderates' are pinning their hopes on because he'll bring us more of those policies that we had in 2010 and 2015 that won elec...oh wait. Meantime Rebecca Long-Bailey enjoys the support of the previous leader so is obviously wrong by default regardless of her voting record, speeches or anything she does. That's just how elmicker sees it.

I'm being arsey for the sake of being arsey here, I think Starmer would be a decent leader aside from the fact that he's handing the media several ready made attacks on him by simply existing and being a white, metropolitan lawyer from London who oversaw the Twitter joke trial.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    I need to go to UK first week of february. Do I need to get a passport?
    UK has never been in schengen so you have never not needed a passport

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

I honestly don't see starmer moving much towards the centre. Long Bailey would be a bad choice.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Wrong. Germans for example only needed their ID cards.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_identity_card

Quite a few countries in Europe have those and I would assume they were enough to travel to the UK.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    I honestly don't see starmer moving much towards the centre. Long Bailey would be a bad choice.
    Agree, tbh I don’t see anyone as decent now. Lammy’s too black and Starmer is too left. Perhaps the party needs to split.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Wrong. Germans for example only needed their ID cards.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_identity_card

Quite a few countries in Europe have those and I would assume they were enough to travel to the UK.

Tapapapatalk
    ah yeah you're right, any nationally issued identity card issued by an EEA country is enough apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Agree, tbh I don’t see anyone as decent now. Lammy’s too black and Starmer is too left. Perhaps the party needs to split.
    I like Lammy but I see Starmer as much more realistic. Hopefully the membership votes for Starmer and we get proper opposition.

Does Starmer seem too left? He struck me as more centrist than Corbyn during Brexit etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Does Starmer seem too left? He struck me as more centrist than Corbyn during Brexit etc.
    Same but it seems he is actually quite left. I also don’t think he’d be great in the commons: he’s a barrister and a prosecutor at that, is used to being afforded time in silence to speak.

Also why is Corbyn still leader lol? The amount of damage that is doing alone is maaaaaaasive.

Same but it seems he is actually quite left. I also don’t think he’d be great in the commons: he’s a barrister and a prosecutor at that, is used to being afforded time in silence to speak.

Also why is Corbyn still leader lol? The amount of damage that is doing alone is maaaaaaasive.
    I'm guessing that the forces within the labour party right now are so fucking tidal that it would collapse if he wasn't leader during the period of nominating new leadership candidates.

I imagine that's what "period of reflection" means in Labour newspeak

Corbyn sticking around insulates the next leader from the Brexit bill shenanigans we're going to see while boris fucks around with trying to get us out by the end of the month.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Also, Watson isn't around anymore, so it would be unclear who the interim leader would be, really. And if it would be one of the candidates for the position, everyone would cry 'anointed successor' etc.

Anyway, good to see that Jen and Len, and Milne and Murray, are failing (as always) to ram their candidate through.

Also laughing at the obvious ploy of having Lavery run against Wrong Daily, just so Kathy can get a spot on her team.

I really hope Starmer gets it, and I really hope he kicks all those no-hope, no-competence, Stalinist fuckers out of Labour HQ and the unions. It's well past time for a good and thorough spring cleaning in the Labour party.

I actually think Starmer's dull as dishwater. He's got some work to do in hustings. Nandy and Phillips will run rings round him. Yes he has an outstanding human rights record and was on the right side of Brexit, but fuck me he can be boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    Also, Watson isn't around anymore, so it would be unclear who the interim leader would be, really. And if it would be one of the candidates for the position, everyone would cry 'anointed successor' etc.

Anyway, good to see that Jen and Len, and Milne and Murray, are failing (as always) to ram their candidate through.

Also laughing at the obvious ploy of having Lavery run against Wrong Daily, just so Kathy can get a spot on her team.

I really hope Starmer gets it, and I really hope he kicks all those no-hope, no-competence, Stalinist fuckers out of Labour HQ and the unions. It's well past time for a good and thorough spring cleaning in the Labour party.
    Yes, yes, yes. Purge the enemy. Make the Labour party pure and right again. Deny people membership of unions based on political affiliation.

Taking wannabe kingmaker McCluskey down a peg or two might not be so bad.

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    I actually think Starmer's dull as dishwater. He's got some work to do in hustings. Nandy and Phillips will run rings round him. Yes he has an outstanding human rights record and was on the right side of Brexit, but fuck me he can be boring.
    i think he's pretty bland too, but i can imagine with the right media training how he could do well

he's a) white, b) male c) sir (who care's for what) and d) doesn't say press-stupid things all the time. can probably get his mouth around a bacon sandwich too.

Yes, he can be boring. But perhaps Labour can use some of that right now? Corbyn has destroyed so much, there's a lot of rebuilding to do, and Starmer is pretty good at that sort of thing. The flashiness can come later. I like both Nandy and Phillips, but I think Labour has had enough of firebrands for now. What it needs most, I think, is a steady hand doing some vigorous weeding.

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post

Yes, yes, yes. Purge the enemy. Make the Labour party pure and right again. Deny people membership of unions based on political affiliation.
    If you don't like it: start your own party.

Starmer top of the list just shows that the vast majority of the members have had quite enough of your cult.

So why not pack it in already? Haven't you lot done enough damage already?