hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 470 of 711 FirstFirst ... 370420460467468469470471472473480520570 ... LastLast
Results 9,381 to 9,400 of 14207

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

Lol we're fucked.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

He did exactly as much as the Benn act forced him to do, no more. If they didn't want it enclosed with other correspondence or preceded/superceded then they should have included a clause stating that the letter itself would be the only diplomatic contact for a period of time before and after.

They didn't, so he did.

He's a fucking bell-end, but he is also Prime minister and the comes with executive power, if they don't depose him he'll do as he pleases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    Just for the record, "sending a needy text" is never the right answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaikar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    pretend we were drunk for the last three years and call the whole thing off.
    With the common continental experience of Brits on holiday this is a plausible plan.
    Just like with the end of week sickie, it's all about building that plausibility
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Will brexiteers become anti monarchist once the queen is forced to fire Boris?

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Pretty much, its about winning Brexit now. The reasons behind it and costs for it are long forgotten...

Pretty much, its about winning Brexit now. The reasons behind it and costs for it are long forgotten...

We've seen that they're willing to abandon everything else, so yes, obviously
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    SHE'S PART GERMAN ANYWAY RABBLERABBLERABBLE - AND SHE MARRIED A GREEK! </meesters>

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    He did exactly as much as the Benn act forced him to do, no more. If they didn't want it enclosed with other correspondence or preceded/superceded then they should have included a clause stating that the letter itself would be the only diplomatic contact for a period of time before and after.

They didn't, so he did.

He's a fucking bell-end, but he is also Prime minister and the comes with executive power, if they don't depose him he'll do as he pleases.
    His representation testified in court that he would not seek to frustrate the intent of the law, which means what he did is, at the very least, in contempt of court.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    SHE'S PART GERMAN ANYWAY RABBLERABBLERABBLE - AND SHE MARRIED A GREEK! </meesters>
    I WILL IGNORE BORIS' ANTECEDANTS WHY ARE YOU ALL SO RACIST ANYWAY? </moremeesters>

Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    THE QUEEN KILLED PRINCESS DI AND NOW HAS FRUSTRATED DEMOCRACY

Could someone give a tldr of what yesterday's vote means and what happened afterwards?

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Could someone give a tldr of what yesterday's vote means and what happened afterwards?

Tapapapatalk
    haha as if we here in UK-land understand it either

Tapapapatalk
    We're breaking new ground here.

I'm thinking of putting a cheeky tenner on the Houses of Parliament being burned down by a pro-remainer with learning difficulties and a surprisingly articulate social media presence who is surprisingly forthcoming about his guilt.

Ten euro, of course.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BBCPoliti...37716862226432

Took them long enough, but it's good to see that they've recognised the inevitable eventually

I mean, that has been party policy for a long while now. Referendum on any deal, Tory or otherwise.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

You fucking wait. Any microexcuse and Corbyn will say he's respecting the referendum result again and it'll be back to the beginning

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Will that be a binding referendum or an advisory one?
    What will the options be?
    Who will campaign on what?
    Can't y'all just get it over with?

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    You fucking wait. Any microexcuse and Corbyn will say he's respecting the referendum result again and it'll be back to the beginning
    I mean, he's had a fair few potential 'microexcuses' in the last week.

I'm not sure that a man who spent his time personally phoning Labour rebels to ask them to vote down the bill is looking for a microexcuse here.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Here's my current understanding to a good set of questions

Will that be a binding referendum or an advisory one?
    At the moment there is no provision in law for a binding referendum in the UK. That could (and probably will) change but constitutionally, all referendums in the UK are advisory to my knowledge

What will the options be?
    Probably a 3 way: 1: Leave with no deal, 2: Leave with... something, whether that's May's deal, Johnson's deal or some other thing no idea, 3: Remain.

If a referendum is decided upon then this might change and there will be a huge amount of drama about what options to include in the referendum. Also supermajorities for some options maybe? Who knows

Who will campaign on what?
    Conservatives will almost definitely campaign for leaving on whatever deal they decide is best after they cow the ERG or the ERG defects to the Brexit party (which still legally isn't a party because it's registered as a corporation...)

Labour will vacillate, dither and fuck up constantly while they decide what to campaign on. I don't think anyone can give you a straight answer to this.

Lib Dems will campaign to remain in the EU by revoking article 50 (pretty sure I'll be voting for the lib dems again)

Can't y'all just get it over with?

Tapapapatalk
    Whatever happens. You will not hear the end of it for the next 20 years at least, that's the only thing I'm sure of.

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it