hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 743 of 751 FirstFirst ... 243643693733740741742743744745746 ... LastLast
Results 14,841 to 14,860 of 15017

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

It's alright lads, now we have a competent leader we'll be 20 points ahead of the worst Tory government in living memor....oh.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    It's alright lads, now we have a competent leader we'll be 20 points ahead of the worst Tory government in living memor....oh.
    Since he was elected leader, Labour has actually narrowed the gap by 20 points.

Meaningless 4 years from an election.

That's what you all told us after the 2017 election when Labour was consistently polling ahead of the Tories.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

That's what you all told us after the 2017 election when Labour was consistently polling ahead of the Tories.
    Why did you bring it up then?

Why not? Why do anything?

Corbyn was a response to a problem, and the response to Corbyn has been to go back to doing that same problem. Labour has no policies, no platforms, no positions beyond 'well we'd do what they're doing but we'd Do It Better'. Starmer, with the benefit of comparitively friendly media and a government that has killed 60,000 of its own citizens through incompetence, is unable to even achieve what Corbyn did, which is to be consistently ahead of the Tories in the polls for any sustained period of time, election or not.

But hey he did end antisemitism in Labour overnight by just Not Being Corbyn, so that's good I guess. Shame he didn't do anything about Rachel Reeves blatantly praising antisemites, but I guess maybe he was off that day? Shame he's not doing anything about his MPs picking fights with trans people either, but I guess standing up for trans people just isn't Forensic Sensible Politics, so sorry trans people, I know Labour's supposed to exist to help the marginalised but we'd much rather suck up to mumsnet!

What dynamic leadership he's showing, letting his deputy dangle on her comments by saying no, Matt Hancock shouldn't resign, he should continue doing the job he's been doing so well all this time!

That's a lot of butthurt for a Wednesday morning

Your posting is like a mediocre steak. It's not rare, and it's not well done.

Err...you brought it up and I replied with a fact. If you just want to look dumb, that's fine, if confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by El Capitano View Post
    If the election were held today, do you really think Labour would win?

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    Probably not, but that's not what I'm saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    It is unlikely they’ll win in 4 years. 80 seats will be very difficult to overcome.

There was one guy who managed a swing that big...

Nobody in the modern Labour party is anywhere as close to being as effective a leader as Blair.

I've said it before, they've all learnt the wrong lesson from Blair. In campaign mode, he used centrism (I really hate that word, let's come up with a new one) as a tool to attract Tory voters, but he was very, very clear on What Labour Would Do Differently.

Of course, having Black Wednesday as a backdrop to launch your campaign helps, and Labour absolutely hammered that from about three seconds afterwards.

Nobody in the modern Labour party is anywhere as close to being as effective a leader as Blair.

I've said it before, they've all learnt the wrong lesson from Blair. In campaign mode, he used centrism (I really hate that word, let's come up with a new one) as a tool to attract Tory voters, but he was very, very clear on What Labour Would Do Differently.

Of course, having Black Wednesday as a backdrop to launch your campaign helps, and Labour absolutely hammered that from about three seconds afterwards.
    Bolded the important part, as it works just as well regardless of where you are on the spectrum. (And we're all somewhere...)
    It's being clear on what you'd do differently and being able to communicate that in a believable way.
    Starmer's problem so far seems to be the opposite of Corbyn; Corbyn couldn't communicate his way out of a wet paper bag and the more he tried, the more it fell apart.
    While Starmer keeps agreeing with the government, so the comms don't matter. (Labour is polling much better but I have a suspicion that's more about Boris's bumbling.)

It doesn't even need to be particularly reality-based if you're good enough at pushing your narrative, just look at Brexit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush
    idiotic posts out of context

Starmer also has the advantage of being supported by the bulk of the PLP - something Corbyn never had.

That makes communication a lot easier.

Corbyn also had the right of the party actively trying to sabotage his election campaign.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

UK fucked by Japanese carmakers AND the trade deal with Japan?

https://www.reuters.com/article/brit...-idUSKBN26Q2LA

Afaik, customs reimbursement would count as state aid.

Nah, Nissan fucked by Brexit and Tory incompetence. They opened in UK on promise of business as usual.

The absolutely fucked up part comes from the rules of origin's definition. UK has seriously tried to bend the rules without luck.

In an unlikely hypothetical situation: UK has a FTA with EU in 2021.
    If you import a car to the EU, manufactured in the UK, you still have pay customs as less than 55% is sourced from the UK.

So Nissan & Toyota, sourcing significant amount of the car parts from Japan, knows they will never reach the 55%.