hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 737 of 749 FirstFirst ... 237637687727734735736737738739740747 ... LastLast
Results 14,721 to 14,740 of 14980

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

  1. #14721

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    5,978
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson
    First, we are once again asking office workers who can work from home to do so. In key public services and in all professions where home working is not possible, such as construction or retail, people should continue to attend their workplaces.

    Second, from Thursday, all pubs, bars and restaurants must operate a table service only, except for takeaways. Together with all hospitality venues, they must close at 10pm.

    And to help the police enforce this rule that means, alas, closing not just calling for last orders, because simplicity is paramount.

    Third, we will extend the requirement to wear face coverings to include staff in retail, all users of taxis and private hire vehicles and staff and customers in indoor hospitality, except when seated at a table to eat or drink.

    Fourth, in retail, leisure and tourism and other sectors, our Covid-secure guidelines will become legal obligations.

    Fifth, now is the time to tighten up the rule of six. I’m afraid that from Monday a maximum of 15 people will be able to attend wedding ceremonies and receptions, though up to 30 can still attend a funeral as now.

    We will also have to extend the rule of six to all adult indoor team sports.
    Grouse shooting again gets an exemption then.

  2. #14722
    Lowa [NSN]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    3,588
    'de Pfeffel Johnson'

    Good stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

  3. #14723
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    22,038
    Boris is just a stage persona
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

  4. #14724

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    5,978
    Lorries will need a permit to cross into Kent from other counties from January.

  5. #14725
    Shaikar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Kador
    Posts
    3,056
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Lorries will need a permit to cross into Kent from other counties from January.
    PROJECT FEAR


    ohwait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush
    idiotic posts out of context

  6. #14726
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    15,916
    So, basically, you've kind of ceded Kent to France a bit?

    Amazing. I wonder how long until they move the Calais camp closer to the border...
    meh

  7. #14727
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    22,038
    It won't be long until the Calais camp will be the blueprint for the tory's new help to buy housing solution, with all the profits going to taylor wimpy and persimmon.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

  8. #14728
    Movember 2012 Zekk Pacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    7,938
    You get a border, and you get a border, and you get a border!

    Turns out we like taking back control of our own borders so much, we've decided to create some more.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

  9. #14729

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Pizza delivery van
    Posts
    7,586
    going to complete lockdown for the remaining few months before brexit should get the population into right mood for the post brexit utopia.

  10. #14730
    GeromeDoutrande's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Fakefrenchistan
    Posts
    3,025
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    You get a border, and you get a border, and you get a border!

    Turns out we like taking back control of our own borders so much, we've decided to create some more.
    Makes complete sense: the more border, the more control

  11. #14731

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Pizza delivery van
    Posts
    7,586
    There ain't control like border control

  12. #14732
    DerWish's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Budapest
    Posts
    1,746
    Imagine this scenario would have been suggested in '16, before the referendum!

    Fucking unbelievable!

    The whole lorry permit system isn't even tested... but don't worry it will be tested in the second-half of December.

    Edit: best comments I read

    'Kent: The Garage of England.'
    'Meanwhile Scotland is wondering how on earth Kent has gained independence overnight without a referendum. '


    ---
    In the meantime, my friend from Bristol, living in Budapest shared with me his bank account's gonna be closed end of this year by the bank!
    Yeap, Brexit.
    Last edited by DerWish; September 24 2020 at 05:49:09 PM.

  13. #14733

    Join Date
    May 11, 2011
    Posts
    623
    Quote Originally Posted by DerWish View Post
    Imagine this scenario would have been suggested in '16, before the referendum!

    Fucking unbelievable!

    The whole lorry permit system isn't even tested... but don't worry it will be tested in the second-half of December.

    Edit: best comments I read

    'Kent: The Garage of England.'
    'Meanwhile Scotland is wondering how on earth Kent has gained independence overnight without a referendum. '


    ---
    In the meantime, my friend from Bristol, living in Budapest shared with me his bank account's gonna be closed end of this year by the bank!
    Yeap, Brexit.
    It's actually a kind of genius move. Project fear said there would be a 7,000 lorry tailback at Dover with Brexit, with this one move there will be now be a 7,000 lorry tailback on Kent border proving project fear completely wrong.

  14. #14734

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    5,978
    Quote Originally Posted by Siv View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DerWish View Post
    Imagine this scenario would have been suggested in '16, before the referendum!

    Fucking unbelievable!

    The whole lorry permit system isn't even tested... but don't worry it will be tested in the second-half of December.

    Edit: best comments I read

    'Kent: The Garage of England.'
    'Meanwhile Scotland is wondering how on earth Kent has gained independence overnight without a referendum. '


    ---
    In the meantime, my friend from Bristol, living in Budapest shared with me his bank account's gonna be closed end of this year by the bank!
    Yeap, Brexit.
    It's actually a kind of genius move. Project fear said there would be a 7,000 lorry tailback at Dover with Brexit, with this one move there will be now be a 7,000 lorry tailback on Kent border proving project fear completely wrong.
    Yep, moving the queue to the M25 is a wonderful idea that will cause no problems whatsoever.

  15. #14735

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    5,978
    Lib Dem conference has backed Universal Basic Income. The case can now again be made that they're to the left of Labour.

  16. #14736
    Movember 2012 Zekk Pacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    7,938
    I mean that's been their plan ever since Labour elected Sir Keith Haircut - take up the space to the left.

    It won't work for them, because much like how right wing voters don't trust Labour to implement right wing policies, left wing voters won't trust Lib Dems to not be Lib Dems when given any seats.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

  17. #14737
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,974
    How stupid can people get?
    Want an end to the pandemic and shutdowns? This is not it.

    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

  18. #14738
    evil edna's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    5,814
    Wouldnt have happened if hilary won though

  19. #14739
    Totally Not Larkonnis's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25, 2012
    Posts
    1,523
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    How stupid can people get?
    Want an end to the pandemic and shutdowns? This is not it.

    Didn't seem to be an issue for the BLM protests...





    Last edited by Totally Not Larkonnis; September 26 2020 at 06:06:28 PM.


  20. #14740

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Chair
    Posts
    6,780
    One group is making their point while wearing masks & making an effort at distancing. The other is making a point not to do either of those things. You are a dullard.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •