hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 539 of 576 FirstFirst ... 39439489529536537538539540541542549 ... LastLast
Results 10,761 to 10,780 of 11513

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

  1. #10761
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    20,012
    Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Well, it will be enough to push the Tories into power and do a proper brexit where all public assets will be sold to the russians and the chinease and the inner tory circle will reap nice personal paychecks from it all.
    At least they won't be publicly owned and operated though! That's the really dangerous future we must avoid
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  2. #10762
    Meester's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 25, 2011
    Posts
    1,893
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrixus Zephyr View Post
    Less of an excuse, more of an observation.

    You're the only one openly for the Tories and you're thick as pig shit.
    An observation that no-one likes your ideology except for your fellow echo chamber attendees is quite apt. What happened to the majority want to Remain argument? Surely a clever person such as yourself can explain why this Remain majority are not voting for Remain parties?

    Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Well, it will be enough to push the Tories into power and do a proper brexit where all public assets will be sold to the russians and the chinease and the inner tory circle will reap nice personal paychecks from it all.
    Tories hate the Russian and Chinese governments though.

  3. #10763
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    14,057
    Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrixus Zephyr View Post
    Less of an excuse, more of an observation.

    You're the only one openly for the Tories and you're thick as pig shit.
    An observation that no-one likes your ideology except for your fellow echo chamber attendees is quite apt. What happened to the majority want to Remain argument? Surely a clever person such as yourself can explain why this Remain majority are not voting for Remain parties?

    Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Well, it will be enough to push the Tories into power and do a proper brexit where all public assets will be sold to the russians and the chinease and the inner tory circle will reap nice personal paychecks from it all.
    Tories hate the Russian and Chinese governments though.
    Not enough to not take their money.
    meh

  4. #10764

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    5,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrixus Zephyr View Post
    Less of an excuse, more of an observation.

    You're the only one openly for the Tories and you're thick as pig shit.
    An observation that no-one likes your ideology except for your fellow echo chamber attendees is quite apt. What happened to the majority want to Remain argument? Surely a clever person such as yourself can explain why this Remain majority are not voting for Remain parties?

    Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Well, it will be enough to push the Tories into power and do a proper brexit where all public assets will be sold to the russians and the chinease and the inner tory circle will reap nice personal paychecks from it all.
    Tories hate the Russian and Chinese governments though.
    The Russian and Chinese governments love Brexit though.

  5. #10765
    Duckslayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 23, 2017
    Posts
    1,841
    The USA government will cause far far more damage through brexit than China and Russia ever will, as we persue a"bend over and take it " vassal-state trade deal with them.

  6. #10766
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    14,057
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    The USA government will cause far far more damage through brexit than China and Russia ever will, as we persue a"bend over and take it " vassal-state trade deal with them.
    You should go have a read about what your Chinese friends are doing in poor countries in Africa and ask yourself, do you want the same thing?
    meh

  7. #10767
    Duckslayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 23, 2017
    Posts
    1,841
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    The USA government will cause far far more damage through brexit than China and Russia ever will, as we persue a"bend over and take it " vassal-state trade deal with them.
    You should go have a read about what your Chinese friends are doing in poor countries in Africa and ask yourself, do you want the same thing?
    The UK isnt a poor African nation. Its the 5th largest economy in the world

  8. #10768
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    20,012
    We still have some semblance of regulated labour practice and aren't particularly resource rich either. The Chinese can make money off us by getting paid to do our infrastructure projects.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  9. #10769
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    14,057
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    We still have some semblance of regulated labour practice and aren't particularly resource rich either. The Chinese can make money off us by getting paid to do our infrastructure projects.
    And then own the infrastructure when the contract is broken.
    meh

  10. #10770
    mewninn's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    3,005
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    The USA government will cause far far more damage through brexit than China and Russia ever will, as we persue a"bend over and take it " vassal-state trade deal with them.
    You should go have a read about what your Chinese friends are doing in poor countries in Africa and ask yourself, do you want the same thing?
    Exporting the American model of healthcare will be far more evil than anything China could realistically do

    They'll attack the NHS through drug pricing and hospital acquisitions. Once the NHS is overbilled, and starved of resources, the argument will be made that the UK needs to switch to some convoluted public-private piece of shit

    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    We still have some semblance of regulated labour practice and aren't particularly resource rich either. The Chinese can make money off us by getting paid to do our infrastructure projects.
    And then own the infrastructure when the contract is broken.
    And why should anyone care about a contract wrt public goods that have been sold off? They can be nationalized against the will of their owners because that's what sovereign nations can do. It's an old story that will be replayed again in the coming future
    Last edited by mewninn; December 10 2019 at 04:36:22 PM.

  11. #10771

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    9,543
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    The USA government will cause far far more damage through brexit than China and Russia ever will, as we persue a"bend over and take it " vassal-state trade deal with them.
    You should go have a read about what your Chinese friends are doing in poor countries in Africa and ask yourself, do you want the same thing?
    The UK isnt a poor African nation. Its the 5th largest economy in the world
    Not for long after 2020 ...

    (probably already isn't right now)

  12. #10772
    I think the suggestion that we'll end up with some sort of American style healthcare system is absolute hogwash.

    Any party which changes the model of 'Our NHS' to something other than free at the point of service will find itself unelectable for generations.


  13. #10773
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    20,012
    How quickly do you want to boil the frog?

    Any party neglecting the NHS to the extent that the tories have would have been unthinkable at one point.

    It'll start with small fees to see your GP, "Just a tenner, that's what they charge in scandinavia" etc
    Last edited by Keckers; December 10 2019 at 05:12:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  14. #10774
    mewninn's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    3,005
    The Tories are probably still gonna win after 10 years of austerity. I'd say anything is possible

    They're exactly like the Republican party in the sense that they implement toxically unpopular policies just to benefit their paymasters. It *might* get them voted out in the short term, but who cares if you get rewarded for being a good boy
    Last edited by mewninn; December 10 2019 at 05:16:49 PM.

  15. #10775

    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    7,388
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    Any party which changes the model of 'Our NHS' to something other than free at the point of service will find itself unelectable for generations.
    Between 2011 and 2015 the real-terms spending on private providers jumped by almost 50%. We're about five years of concerted fuckery before your GP is replaced by some cunt from Babylon Health*.

    *Said cunt is probably also your GP, but now fleecing you for eight times the money.

  16. #10776

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    9,543
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    I think the suggestion that we'll end up with some sort of American style healthcare system is absolute hogwash.

    Any party which changes the model of 'Our NHS' to something other than free at the point of service will find itself unelectable for generations.
    The term 'free at the point of service' means different things to the Tories than to everyone else though. And the Tories have been fucking with the NHS now already for 10 years to dilute that term to something no one ten years ago understood it to be. They have spend billions and billions of tax-payer money putting parts of it up for tender to the lowest bidder, only resulting lower service for higher costs (and profits for their friends).

    How many more parts of the NHS do you want the Tories to privatise before you finally figure that out? Before it is too late to turn it back to what it was (which is: working). Do you really want to hand over care for your health, or your mams, or your nans, to the likes of Crapita et al?

    The Tories have always been the enemy of the NHS. Because it benefits the ordinary people, and not the wealthy elite that they front for. If you want to keep the NHS, in fact restore it to what it was, you'll vote 'anyone but a Tory' in this election.

    Because it definitely won't survive another 5 years of Tory rule ...

  17. #10777

    Join Date
    May 11, 2011
    Posts
    564
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    I think the suggestion that we'll end up with some sort of American style healthcare system is absolute hogwash.

    Any party which changes the model of 'Our NHS' to something other than free at the point of service will find itself unelectable for generations.
    The term 'free at the point of service' means different things to the Tories than to everyone else though. And the Tories have been fucking with the NHS now already for 10 years to dilute that term to something no one ten years ago understood it to be. They have spend billions and billions of tax-payer money putting parts of it up for tender to the lowest bidder, only resulting lower service for higher costs (and profits for their friends).

    How many more parts of the NHS do you want the Tories to privatise before you finally figure that out? Before it is too late to turn it back to what it was (which is: working). Do you really want to hand over care for your health, or your mams, or your nans, to the likes of Crapita et al?

    The Tories have always been the enemy of the NHS. Because it benefits the ordinary people, and not the wealthy elite that they front for. If you want to keep the NHS, in fact restore it to what it was, you'll vote 'anyone but a Tory' in this election.

    Because it definitely won't survive another 5 years of Tory rule ...
    Partner worked in privatised (therapy) element of NHS. Priority was maximising contract billable, making sure that they didn't get sued and doing the absolute minimum level of care possible. Great for lining private pockets, terrible for patient outcomes.

  18. #10778
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    14,057
    Wait until the insurance industry introduces different billing structures, making private insurance work literally an order of magnitude more lucrative than the "government work" billing code to the endpoint provider.
    meh

  19. #10779
    Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9, 2011
    Posts
    8,898
    If you haven't seen boris parody love actually, or drive a jcb through a wall please please google them now.

  20. #10780
    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    If you haven't seen boris parody love actually, or drive a jcb through a wall please please google them now.
    Heard Hugh Grant on R4 earlier urging everyone to 'vote tactically' ...

    Last edited by Totally Not Larkonnis; December 10 2019 at 07:13:25 PM.


Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •