hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 523 of 736 FirstFirst ... 23423473513520521522523524525526533573623 ... LastLast
Results 10,441 to 10,460 of 14712

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

  1. #10441
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    17,616
    Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Election week boys. How fucked up will you be?
    Let's put it this way: I'm immune to disappointment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

  2. #10442
    Paradox's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 24, 2011
    Location
    Deepest Darkest Devonshire
    Posts
    8,641
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Election week boys. How fucked up will you be?
    Let's put it this way: I'm immune to disappointment.
    I'm not. and this is gonna be bad


    Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

  3. #10443
    Shaftoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Ships
    Posts
    1,910
    Pretty sure it's Tories again with a majority, albeit a slim one of around 10-20 MPs. This election will purge most of the moderate conservatives though, leading to more extremest views and more heavily right leaning MPs. A slim majority will mean that pressure groups such as the ERG will have a disproportionate amount of power and extensive say in trade negotiations that will happen afterwards.

    Labour have only themselves to blame really. In a modern world where its more about about the brand of the party and the cult of personality leading it, they failed to adapt and fought mostly on policy. Without the 50 seats in Scotland and dozens more in the north of England, Labour might honestly struggle to get in power again without some revolutionary Blair type figure coming out of nowhere and revitalising the party.

  4. #10444
    evil edna's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    5,787
    Without Corbyn and with an actual stance against brexit theyd have done better

  5. #10445
    Banned
    Join Date
    October 25, 2011
    Posts
    2,185
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparq View Post
    Apparently Boris & fiends have handed over a whole bunch of NHS patient data over to Amazon to datamine, for free* but don't worry lads it's anonymous**.

    *the problem not being so much it had financial value but
    **not really
    The Labour Party was illegally sold the data of more than a million new parents, claims the ICO

  6. #10446
    Lachesis VII's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20, 2011
    Location
    Egghelende
    Posts
    6,119
    Quote Originally Posted by evil edna View Post
    Without Corbyn and with an actual stance against brexit theyd have done better
    I really don’t see the problem with Corbyn or with Labour’s campaign.

    You’d have to be brain dead to vote Tory, and everyone else is just pushing liberal bullshit, so... how is Labour not winning by default?

  7. #10447
    Kai's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 2, 2012
    Posts
    7,428
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by evil edna View Post
    Without Corbyn and with an actual stance against brexit theyd have done better
    I really don’t see the problem with Corbyn or with Labour’s campaign.

    You’d have to be brain dead to vote Tory, and everyone else is just pushing liberal bullshit, so... how is Labour not winning by default?
    Most of humanity is functionally brain dead.

  8. #10448

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    5,941
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparq View Post
    Apparently Boris & fiends have handed over a whole bunch of NHS patient data over to Amazon to datamine, for free* but don't worry lads it's anonymous**.

    *the problem not being so much it had financial value but
    **not really
    You see, Boris was telling the truth when he said the NHS wasn't for sale. He's giving it away for free!

  9. #10449

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    5,941
    Quote Originally Posted by evil edna View Post
    Without Corbyn and with an actual stance against brexit theyd have done better
    Yeah, after all they did so much better under Miliband.

  10. #10450

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    5,941
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    Don't worry, we can deal with that under GDP...oh.

    Meanwhile a Tory advisor walks into a protester at a hospital and all the media mouthpieces fall over themselves to report the Tory line of it being an 'attack' then fall over themselves again to retract as it turns out there was video of the incident.
    "I'm too tired to punch you today Baldrick, so you'll have to run into my fist instead"

    "Right you are, Mr B"

  11. #10451
    Movember 2012 Zekk Pacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    7,899
    And then at the same time you've got this child on the floor thing.

    And on the one hand you have the CMO of the Trust admitting that the child was placed into a room with no bed and left there, but on the other hand you've got a load of sockpuppet accounts claming they have a friend who's a nurse at 'Leeds Hospital' (it was Leeds General Infirmary) saying it was all a lie, and the journalists are falling over themselves to go "well it's impossible to know what the truth is".

    I've never been more convinced that the Tories are going to win, and win heavily. We get the government we deserve.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

  12. #10452
    Banned
    Join Date
    October 25, 2011
    Posts
    2,185
    Quote Originally Posted by evil edna View Post
    Without Corbyn and with an actual stance against brexit theyd have done better
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post

    I really don’t see the problem with Corbyn or with Labour’s campaign.

    You’d have to be brain dead to vote Tory, and everyone else is just pushing liberal bullshit, so... how is Labour not winning by default?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Most of humanity is functionally brain dead.
    The excuses are coming in early I see.

  13. #10453
    Phrixus Zephyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Queenstown, NZ
    Posts
    3,630
    Less of an excuse, more of an observation.

    You're the only one openly for the Tories and you're thick as pig shit.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

  14. #10454

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    5,941
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    And then at the same time you've got this child on the floor thing.

    And on the one hand you have the CMO of the Trust admitting that the child was placed into a room with no bed and left there, but on the other hand you've got a load of sockpuppet accounts claming they have a friend who's a nurse at 'Leeds Hospital' (it was Leeds General Infirmary) saying it was all a lie, and the journalists are falling over themselves to go "well it's impossible to know what the truth is".

    I've never been more convinced that the Tories are going to win, and win heavily. We get the government we deserve.
    Boris refusing to look at the picture and then putting the reporter's phone in his pocket should have been his bigotgate moment, but for some reason the media aren't going after him with the same gusto they did Brown in 2010.

    I'm not sure why, it's one of life's imponderables. I mean, it's not as though they're all Tories or anything.
    Last edited by Rodj Blake; December 10 2019 at 06:23:19 AM.

  15. #10455
    DerWish's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Budapest
    Posts
    1,736
    I hope this embed works with this video site as well:
    https://embed.indavideo.hu/player/video/68bf9cb165

    80% is in English, just a Hungarian journalist walking the streets of Belfast last week and asking around of the Brexit effects.

  16. #10456

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    4,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    And then at the same time you've got this child on the floor thing.

    And on the one hand you have the CMO of the Trust admitting that the child was placed into a room with no bed and left there, but on the other hand you've got a load of sockpuppet accounts claming they have a friend who's a nurse at 'Leeds Hospital' (it was Leeds General Infirmary) saying it was all a lie, and the journalists are falling over themselves to go "well it's impossible to know what the truth is".

    I've never been more convinced that the Tories are going to win, and win heavily. We get the government we deserve.
    Boris refusing to look at the picture and then putting the reporter's phone in his pocket should have been his bigotgate moment, but for some reason the media aren't going after him with the same gusto they did Brown in 2010.

    I'm not sure why, it's one of life's imponderables. I mean, it's not as though they're all Tories or anything.
    For real tho, even as a non-national the spin on the BBC when it comes to Boris/Corbyn is becoming painfully obvious. I can only imagine how bad the tabloids are.

  17. #10457
    Paradox's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 24, 2011
    Location
    Deepest Darkest Devonshire
    Posts
    8,641
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    And then at the same time you've got this child on the floor thing.

    And on the one hand you have the CMO of the Trust admitting that the child was placed into a room with no bed and left there, but on the other hand you've got a load of sockpuppet accounts claming they have a friend who's a nurse at 'Leeds Hospital' (it was Leeds General Infirmary) saying it was all a lie, and the journalists are falling over themselves to go "well it's impossible to know what the truth is".

    I've never been more convinced that the Tories are going to win, and win heavily. We get the government we deserve.
    Boris refusing to look at the picture and then putting the reporter's phone in his pocket should have been his bigotgate moment, but for some reason the media aren't going after him with the same gusto they did Brown in 2010.

    I'm not sure why, it's one of life's imponderables. I mean, it's not as though they're all Tories or anything.
    For real tho, even as a non-national the spin on the BBC when it comes to Boris/Corbyn is becoming painfully obvious. I can only imagine how bad the tabloids are.
    Now you're beginning to understand brexit


    Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

  18. #10458

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    5,941
    Latest ICM poll has the Tories down to a 6% lead. At this stage in 2017, ICM had them 11 points ahead.

  19. #10459
    SteeleResolve's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    3,458
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Latest ICM poll has the Tories down to a 6% lead. At this stage in 2017, ICM had them 11 points ahead.
    I can see their latest poll (5) has them with a 7 point lead. I saw reference to the latest poll in Reuters stating 6 but can't see the actual poll data this is referring to

    https://www.icmunlimited.com/our-wor...n-2019-poll-5/

  20. #10460

    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    7,939
    If you want to see what real press collaboration looks like, today Guido published a video that he'd sat his fat arse on for weeks, showing a shadow cabinet minister being honest, at exactly the right time Boris needs another dead cat to distract from that little bit of NHS bother. The BBC's problem is just incompetence.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •