hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 502 of 722 FirstFirst ... 2402452492499500501502503504505512552602 ... LastLast
Results 10,021 to 10,040 of 14429

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post

And when Corbyn was alleged to have met with the IRA but didn't, the Tory government of the day was actually negotiating with them. The same Tory party that has a councillor who's a former IRA member.

Sinn Feinn IS the IRA. And wow one whole ex-IRA councillor.
    Last edited by Meester; November 19 2019 at 09:05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Siv View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    And this is also why we get politicians who never actually answer the question and just trot out the standard PR approved lines.
    Why's that? Because if the public really understood what a bunch of decadent, depraved, blooddrenched psychopaths they are they'd be guillotined?

Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post

And when Corbyn was alleged to have met with the IRA but didn't, the Tory government of the day was actually negotiating with them. The same Tory party that has a councillor who's a former IRA member.

So by your recokning Corbyn also supports Loyalist terror groups as well, since he met politicians with links to him.

And presumably you'll also condem Donald Trump and Prince Charles for supporting the IRA...

That is a good beard though

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post

Wait so someone who met with people from the IRA back in the day and got a peace award for his work in bringing in a ceasefire is worse than someone who was actually in the IRA and smuggled firearms from Europe for them? Lol OK reeeeeester.

Sent from my Potato using my fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

Spoiler alert: Meester doesn't give a fuck about who was in the IRA.

He cares that he can use it to attack the side he doesn't like.

For politics is sport to him and the only thing that matters is that his side is winning and he can claim a bit of reflected glory and kid on that he was somehow part of it.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

CCorbyn was evasive on Brexit
    Is questioning the Leader and the Party's obviously successful brexit strategy permissible now? I thought it was still infallible.

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    Spoiler alert: Meester doesn't give a fuck about who was in the IRA.

He cares that he can use it to attack the side he doesn't like.

For politics is sport to him and the only thing that matters is that his side is winning and he can claim a bit of reflected glory and kid on that he was somehow part of it.
    To be fair thats how it is for everyone else too online

Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    CCorbyn was evasive on Brexit
    Is questioning the Leader and the Party's obviously successful brexit strategy permissible now? I thought it was still infallible.
    The policy is pragamatic and sensible. But being pragmatic and sensible seldom helps in a debate.

Labour missed their chance at the party conference to make their point about a second referendum leave vs Labour deal but then lean towards remain.

The manifesto needs to be focused on anti austerity and reinvesting in national assets. Stuff about abolishing private schools is fine for setting the tone at party conference but not for fighting a campaign.

We're at the top of the economic cycle with a rash looming so it is pretty important we get an economically literate government instead of more slash and burn.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post

We're at the top of the economic cycle
    Growth for the whole year is likely to be in the region of 0.1%. And that's as good as it gets in this cycle?

Growth for the whole year is likely to be in the region of 0.1%. And that's as good as it gets in this cycle?
    Based on the lack of investment in productivity and the number of businesses just hanging in there hoping for better times I would say yes because if brexit happens they are fucked and if a decision is delayed much longer they are fucked.

Yeah, that's what a lost decade is.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

The Lib Dems have just suspended a candidate who likes Assad and said Facebook was run by the Rothschilds.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/alexwickham...e-antisemitism

The Lib Dems have just suspended a candidate who likes Assad and said Facebook was run by the Rothschilds.

It amazes me how this isn't picked up with candidate vetting.

It's one of the safest seats in the country. Liam Byrne holds the seat and won more than 80% of the vote last time. The lib dems came fourth. He's nothing more than a body so the party can legitimately claim they're contesting every seat. It's not worth vetting them.

Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post

It's one of the safest seats in the country. Liam Byrne holds the seat and won more than 80% of the vote last time. The lib dems came fourth. He's nothing more than a body so the party can legitimately claim they're contesting every seat. It's not worth vetting them.
    Also the lib dems don't really have the machinery to do it, they're not that organised compared to labour or the conservatives

I have a friend who is standing in North Devon, he's really good actually but if the party knew about the stuff he did 10 years ago he would never had got close

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

That dudes in my area, gonna vote for him even though he looks like a bit of a melt

What's wrong with liking Assad?

Banned

Not a surprise that neo-liberals hold out their hand after shitting in it.