hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 581 of 623 FirstFirst ... 81481531571578579580581582583584591 ... LastLast
Results 11,601 to 11,620 of 12460

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

  1. #11601
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    14,440
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaikar View Post
    Carnival, Corruption and Crime is some fantastic alliteration.

    The Brazilian tourist board should have a chat with you.
    You come for the carnival. Your kidneys stay because of the crime.
    meh

  2. #11602
    Sandzibar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    5,799
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaikar View Post
    Carnival, Corruption and Crime is some fantastic alliteration.

    The Brazilian tourist board should have a chat with you.
    You come for the carnival. Your kidneys stay because of the crime.
    also butts.

  3. #11603

    Join Date
    March 10, 2019
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    If brexit is a success by ANY reasonable measure (that being the UK being in a better economic situation in let's say 2030 than it would have been if it had remained in the EU) then I will change my mind about it.

    Unfortunately there is no physical possibility of that ever happening.
    You say by any reasonable measure but then you give the UK economy as the only one. You know there's more measures than that, don't you? How about an outcome observed in several countries: worse economy but greater overall happiness?
    Alright let's cut to the end of this argument right now: How many European countries would you rather live in than Bahrain?
    I don't get it. I'm neither Muslim nor able to speak Arabic and there are several European countries I'd pick before Bahrain. I'd also rather live in Brazil, ranked 72nd in gdp/capita, before living in all the EU countries in the top 10 of gdp/capita, Norway, Ireland, Iceland, and Denmark. Does that prove my point that there are other measures than economic? Or does it prove your point? I'm not sure what your post is about.
    This piqued my curiosity: why Brazil? Is it the weather? The Carnival? The corruption? The crime?
    Ah closer cultural affinity, I just picked out Brazil as an example. Several other poorer countries in South America or around the world would work as well.

  4. #11604
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    16,971
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Conservatives the world over put party before country, and only care about their side winning, putting this consideration over the well being of the society they live in, and the people that live around them. They should be marginalized, ignored and cut out of civil society. Why would anybody hire anyone exhibiting such ingrained racism?
    Because if you're a good little menial there's a chance - a tiny chance - that your grandchildren might get accepted in to the In-Group.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

  5. #11605
    Meester's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 25, 2011
    Posts
    1,967
    Quote Originally Posted by Steckersaurus View Post
    It's just kinda sad to be so devoted to something and so incapable of defending it. Shit, Christian apologists can do a better job defending their faith than you can defending Brexit.
    I can defend but against you folk it is kind of pointless to defend it since you are adherents of bad faith politics along with all your virtue signalling. Its much safer to not give you any purchase and therefore revel in your impotence and ignorance. You oppose for oppositions sake not because you have any real point to make.

    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    What "lot" do you think you're referring to, precisely?
    The faux rage left. Ivory tower so called 'intellectuals' who while displaying concerns for the ordinary people ultimately have no idea and vote for the Dim Dumbs who rather poetically also have no idea.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    I can think of free coke and hookers for all. If Brexit doesn't deliver them, I'm holding you personally responsible.
    Plenty of free coke and hookers, you just 'forget' to pay for them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    He will accept almost anything to ensure that he is on the winning side, because that is all that matters to him.
    You must be glad you ensured that you are not on the winning side and that being on the winning side does not matter for you. Otherwise I would have to call you a hypocrite.

    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    and only care about their side winning, putting this consideration over the well being of the society they live in, and the people that live around them. They should be marginalized, ignored and cut out of civil society. Why would anybody hire anyone exhibiting such ingrained racism?
    I can see the permanent revolutionaries are immune to hypocrisy because all the ones before were not 'real' socialists. Its time for the de-Corbynism programme to be put into full swing. The king is dead! Long live King Stamer! See those Jew haters over there! Not real 'socialists' [communists]!

  6. #11606
    Movember 2012 Zekk Pacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    7,645
    Neatly proving my point.

    Responding to five people but not making one single point beyond crowing about how you've won.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

  7. #11607
    Movember 2012 Elriche Oshego's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21, 2011
    Posts
    8,126
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    Neatly proving my point.

    Responding to five people but not making one single point beyond crowing about how you've won.
    Meester is more of a Seagull with his malicious squaww'ing.

  8. #11608

    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Posts
    3,280
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    Neatly proving my point.

    Responding to five people but not making one single point beyond crowing about how you've won.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    And what will you do if Brexit is not a huge success? Will you have a tiny, tiny spark of introspection, or will it be the gay fencing liberal elite reeeeemoaners?
    Don't be silly. Brexit will be a success no matter the outcome. Meester will never ever put down any particulars to specify what is a success/failure if his past posting is anything to go by.


    Told you. He's basically a cat knocking over a potted plant with no clue about the outcome.

  9. #11609
    Paradox's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 24, 2011
    Location
    Deepest Darkest Devonshire
    Posts
    8,475
    Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    If brexit is a success by ANY reasonable measure (that being the UK being in a better economic situation in let's say 2030 than it would have been if it had remained in the EU) then I will change my mind about it.

    Unfortunately there is no physical possibility of that ever happening.
    You say by any reasonable measure but then you give the UK economy as the only one. You know there's more measures than that, don't you? How about an outcome observed in several countries: worse economy but greater overall happiness?
    Alright let's cut to the end of this argument right now: How many European countries would you rather live in than Bahrain?
    I don't get it. I'm neither Muslim nor able to speak Arabic and there are several European countries I'd pick before Bahrain. I'd also rather live in Brazil, ranked 72nd in gdp/capita, before living in all the EU countries in the top 10 of gdp/capita, Norway, Ireland, Iceland, and Denmark. Does that prove my point that there are other measures than economic? Or does it prove your point? I'm not sure what your post is about.
    This piqued my curiosity: why Brazil? Is it the weather? The Carnival? The corruption? The crime?
    Ah closer cultural affinity, I just picked out Brazil as an example. Several other poorer countries in South America or around the world would work as well.
    I thought you already knew that Bahrain is the only state to formally track the happiness of its citizens and make policy accordingly.

    Those policies also tend to be repressive and censorious but someone in their wisdom has decided that sinister coercion of the people of Bahrain is better than prosperous liberty.

    I disagree, maybe you don't.

    Again, I can't think of a South American country that I would choose to live in over any EU member state because I can just move to a different one if it suits me more. This is an essential freedom that has been snatched away out of spite and I am never going to be happy about it.


    Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

  10. #11610
    Shaikar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Kador
    Posts
    2,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    If brexit is a success by ANY reasonable measure (that being the UK being in a better economic situation in let's say 2030 than it would have been if it had remained in the EU) then I will change my mind about it.

    Unfortunately there is no physical possibility of that ever happening.
    You say by any reasonable measure but then you give the UK economy as the only one. You know there's more measures than that, don't you? How about an outcome observed in several countries: worse economy but greater overall happiness?
    Alright let's cut to the end of this argument right now: How many European countries would you rather live in than Bahrain?
    I don't get it. I'm neither Muslim nor able to speak Arabic and there are several European countries I'd pick before Bahrain. I'd also rather live in Brazil, ranked 72nd in gdp/capita, before living in all the EU countries in the top 10 of gdp/capita, Norway, Ireland, Iceland, and Denmark. Does that prove my point that there are other measures than economic? Or does it prove your point? I'm not sure what your post is about.
    This piqued my curiosity: why Brazil? Is it the weather? The Carnival? The corruption? The crime?
    Ah closer cultural affinity, I just picked out Brazil as an example. Several other poorer countries in South America or around the world would work as well.
    I thought you already knew that Bahrain is the only state to formally track the happiness of its citizens and make policy accordingly.

    Those policies also tend to be repressive and censorious but someone in their wisdom has decided that sinister coercion of the people of Bahrain is better than prosperous liberty.

    I disagree, maybe you don't.

    Again, I can't think of a South American country that I would choose to live in over any EU member state because I can just move to a different one if it suits me more. This is an essential freedom that has been snatched away out of spite and I am never going to be happy about it.
    Aren't you thinking of Bhutan?

  11. #11611
    Paradox's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 24, 2011
    Location
    Deepest Darkest Devonshire
    Posts
    8,475
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaikar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    If brexit is a success by ANY reasonable measure (that being the UK being in a better economic situation in let's say 2030 than it would have been if it had remained in the EU) then I will change my mind about it.

    Unfortunately there is no physical possibility of that ever happening.
    You say by any reasonable measure but then you give the UK economy as the only one. You know there's more measures than that, don't you? How about an outcome observed in several countries: worse economy but greater overall happiness?
    Alright let's cut to the end of this argument right now: How many European countries would you rather live in than Bahrain?
    I don't get it. I'm neither Muslim nor able to speak Arabic and there are several European countries I'd pick before Bahrain. I'd also rather live in Brazil, ranked 72nd in gdp/capita, before living in all the EU countries in the top 10 of gdp/capita, Norway, Ireland, Iceland, and Denmark. Does that prove my point that there are other measures than economic? Or does it prove your point? I'm not sure what your post is about.
    This piqued my curiosity: why Brazil? Is it the weather? The Carnival? The corruption? The crime?
    Ah closer cultural affinity, I just picked out Brazil as an example. Several other poorer countries in South America or around the world would work as well.
    I thought you already knew that Bahrain is the only state to formally track the happiness of its citizens and make policy accordingly.

    Those policies also tend to be repressive and censorious but someone in their wisdom has decided that sinister coercion of the people of Bahrain is better than prosperous liberty.

    I disagree, maybe you don't.

    Again, I can't think of a South American country that I would choose to live in over any EU member state because I can just move to a different one if it suits me more. This is an essential freedom that has been snatched away out of spite and I am never going to be happy about it.
    Aren't you thinking of Bhutan?
    Err yes soz


    Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

  12. #11612

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    5,684
    Final CLP nominations for Labour leader:

    Starmer 374
    Long-Bailey 164
    Nandy 72
    Thornberry 31

    So Thornberry's out and it looks like it's Starmer's to lose.

  13. #11613

    Join Date
    May 30, 2011
    Location
    asleep
    Posts
    6,897
    I've seen depressingly few "Kier Starmer ate my Hamster" memes from Momentum.
    Have they learned ?
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

  14. #11614
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    20,702
    Implying more punitive taxes aren't fairer taxes...

    Also REEEEEEEEEE tankies doesn't mean anything because it doesn't describe a real group which exists in the labour party, it describes a specific ideology among a sub group of leftists. If you want to critique the left of the labour party then at least put a little effort in and identify your issue with the old school centralist left of the party who support structures which encourage top down bureaucratic organisation of the party which harks back to the 80s and internal party tensions of the era.

    And also understand that for many on the left the labour party is a means to an end, not an end in itself. My loyalties are to a socialist tradition, not to a bourgeois political party.
    Last edited by Keckers; February 17 2020 at 09:14:50 AM.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

  15. #11615
    Djan Seriy Anaplian's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    4,858
    Jesus Barth does every post you make have to be a précis of the guardian’s daily commentary?

  16. #11616
    GeromeDoutrande's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Fakefrenchistan
    Posts
    2,688
    Here is the original focus group interview document from which the Guardian has referenced some responses

    What’s wealth got to do with it? Attitudes on public spending, wealth and tax
    https://www.taxjustice.uk/uploads/1/...o_with_it_.pdf

  17. #11617

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    13,301
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    I've seen depressingly few "Kier Starmer ate my Hamster" memes from Momentum.
    Have they learned ?
    Too busy rigging the member's vote, and giving the tankies permanent positions in the party hierarchy.

    Unless purged, the tankies will sabotage Labour for years to come.

    On other news: 'red wall' voters want fairer not more punitive taxes. All this tankie talk about punishing millionaires and billionaires? Still completely bombs with voters outside the tankie student politics echo chamber. Who knew, right?
    One think you're still missing apparently.

    if all you offer is tory but with some nicer words that's all that happens, congratulations you haven't solved anything

  18. #11618
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    20,702
    Brexit: France warns UK of bitter trade negotiations

    The 'have your say' comments are hilarious. Clearly the UK is the only nation allowed to think of their own trade interests when negotiating.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

  19. #11619

    Join Date
    May 30, 2011
    Location
    asleep
    Posts
    6,897
    Oh christ they HYS'd that?
    Mad i'll tell you. All Mad!
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

  20. #11620

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    13,301
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Brexit: France warns UK of bitter trade negotiations

    The 'have your say' comments are hilarious. Clearly the UK is the only nation allowed to think of their own trade interests when negotiating.
    It's hilarious yeah.

    >There no good reason for the EU to be difficult on these negotiations

    Oh, I don't know, except a million of them my dear fucking moron.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •