hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 575 of 624 FirstFirst ... 75475525565572573574575576577578585 ... LastLast
Results 11,481 to 11,500 of 12468

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    Gove just now confirmed that: yes, there will actually be all kinds of documents and forms to fill in and be checked from 2021 onwards. And that, no, there'll never be 'frictionless trade', in Brexitland (as was promised). Only, 'as frictionless as possible'. But only by 2025 (read: 2045, if universal credit is an indicator). Maybe. Before that, UK business will just have to suck it up and muddle along. And no 'easements' for business either. In the words of 'the Javid': business should just stop complaining; they knew about Brexit since 2016.

And all this dependent on this government being able to put even this much in practice by the end of the year. Thusfar there has been no guidance from the government for business on, what, exactly, business will actually have to do; no facilities in the ports and borders have even been begun to be build; and of the hundreds (if not thousands) of new border control officers, not a single one has been hired, let alone trained.

Just to put this into perspective, as part of the no-deal preparations while May was still in office (!), the Netherlands has done, or has already started all of these three things.

Also, nice way of telling UK business that, yes, it'll be no-deal Brexit by 2021. I'm sure they'll be delighted to hear that! If only because now they'll have the certainty to start planning/effecting their own Brexit from the UK. I'm sure that another cabinet meeting in 'North England' will offset all of this in Sunderland.
    In a day or two (after the Pound has dropped sufficiently for Boris's pals to make some money from currency speculation) someone will say the exact opposite.

This Daily Mail hatchet job suggests they think Starmer will win - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...powerless.html

The assertion that Starmer supports the IRA or IS is all bollocks of course, but expect more of the same over the next five years.
    Last edited by Rodj Blake; February 11 2020 at 01:23:59 PM.

But I though if it was anybody but Corbyn the media would treat them well!?!?!?!
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Hahahah

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Electability is a euphemism for "establishment candidate who won't meaningfully change anything or stop us circling the drain"
    Is it even a euphemism? Feels more like an unfortunate truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    You got a link to RLB apologising? Because The Grauniad are saying that "it is understood Labour officials do not believe there is evidence Long-Bailey’s team breached any rules."
    Those Labour officials would be talking complete shit, because RLB's team's overzealous use of Labour party assets led to the whole Dialogue system being taken offline to avoid a gdpr clusterfuck for the party [which it won't - it'll still need to be disclosed to the ico].

As for RLB's apology, I either imagined reading it or it has been removed from the article I was sure I read it in. The passage in question has now changed to admitting the breach happened, but that the motive was innocent.

Innocent motive is notably not a justification for personal data use under GDPR.
    This is correct.
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

The Boris Bridge is totally happening this time around
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51443191

What is with his obsession with bridges?
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Same as Trump's with towers with his name on them?

What is with his obsession with bridges?
    It's a role model thing:

He made public appearances as an actor, poet, musician and charioteer. In the eyes of traditionalists, this undermined the dignity and authority of his person, status, and office. His extravagant, empire-wide program of public and private works was funded by a rise in taxes that was much resented by the upper classes. In contrast, his populist style of rule remained very popular among the lower classes of Rome and the provinces until his death and beyond.
    - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nero

But I though if it was anybody but Corbyn the media would treat them well!?!?!?!
    Fairly certain that several posters on this very forum have made the point that "Corbyn doesn't help himself with his history" and "the same smears won't work on Starmer".

And yet, here we are.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Sounds like it won't but should this happen for timeline consistency and to outsuccession Succession (y/y/omgy)?

Elisabeth Murdoch dismisses BBC director general rumours
    https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...eneral-rumours

Mr Gove's timeline:
    2016 No checks
    2017 No checks
    2018 Absolutely no checks
    2019 No checks under any circumstances
    2020 We always said there would be checks. That's what you voted for.

Michael Gove (March 2016): "We know that the European Union depends more on us than we do on it. The idea that when we have a free trade area extending from Iceland to the Russian border, that we're going to be outside it is nonsense."

Michael Gove (March 2016): "The day after [we vote Leave] nothing changes. Nothing damages Britain. In fact we're in a position to get a better deal than ever before."

I'm just sitting here my face in my palm... waiting until the penny drops for all.
    Project Told-You-So?

I'm just sitting here my face in my palm... waiting until the penny drops for all.
    One thign the last few years of politics have taught me, is that the penny isn't going to drop. It's held in some mysitical stasis field of unseeing
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

It'll of course be "foreigners dropped our pennies!"

Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    One thign the last few years of politics have taught me, is that the penny isn't going to drop. It's held in some mysitical stasis field of unseeing
    If it isn't reported it didn't happen. The media has become the ministry of truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    And that is probably the EUs fault.

(I think it is a sad reflection of our times that I need to add this:
    /s
    )
    Tanks: theBlind[URBAD] (in my heart there will always be a place for [FAIL])
    Planetside2: [UBAD]theAngelic

Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    "Dirty hook-nosed globalist remoaners sabotaging the honest British Penney"

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    "Dirty hook-nosed globalist remoaners sabotaging the honest British Penney"
    So, chant with me: SOROS!!!

Oh, wow... UK Financial sector is fucked...
    I know it's a hyperbole, but at least slightly indisposed.

EU is to take back control (of the Euro clearing).
    Last edited by DerWish; February 12 2020 at 12:28:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Corbyn
    If there was a case of a young white boy with blond hair who later dabbled in class A drugs and conspired with a friend to beat up a journalist, would he deport that boy, or is it one rule for young black boys from the Caribbean and another for white boys from the United States?